Vignettes and Pets #6 Three Degrees of Separation

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wondered if it’s possible to write whilst you have your treatments Captain? Then at the end you might have a blockbuster to show for it! You know how well received your writing is…Just a thought…Thinking of you and sending love xx💕
If not writing one - I can certainly recommend one or two blockbusters if you are in need of a good book, @Miscanthus 🥰❤ XX

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My car is being brought back tomorrow morning having had a new battery and a starter motor - flopping over £1,4000. I detest it if the car breaks down. I detest paying for them to fix it. They are charging £200 to put it on a diagnostics machine. Clearly todays engineers cannot tell if a car needs a battery without a diagnostic machine!!

IMG_0407.jpeg

---
This is the roof I hit over the diagnostic machine charges!

Fumin’!

• Wow
  • Haha
My car is being brought back tomorrow morning having had a new battery and a starter motor - flopping over £1,4000. I detest it if the car breaks down. I detest paying for them to fix it. They are charging £200 to put it on a diagnostics machine. Clearly todays engineers cannot tell if a car needs a battery without a diagnostic machine!!

View attachment 2882757
---
This is the roof I hit over the diagnostic machine charges!

Fumin’!
Sorry to laugh @Oops but you have a way with words!! Yes, I get your frustration... my car has to undergo a yearly NCT and I swear the rigmarole.... full service but yet the NCT techs never pass the thing without a return visit and more requirements. Such a time wasting exercise...

• Haha
Weeerrlll! They need to have a diagnostic machine to diagnose a new battery! That’s like the dentist charging you 200 quid so he can look in your mouth and tell you you require a £1,200 filling! I really got on my high horse over it - charging me to diagnose something I pay them to replace? Apparently ( little bit of jargon here…) it’s the ‘standard in the industry these days…‘

🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊

Heres a bit of jargon…I never used to be SO angry or want to punch people so much…grrr….
---
What did they do before diagnostic machines were available? Did the mechanics have a look at the car and say - needs a new battery and the starter motor’s gone? Is that what used to happen d’ya think?

🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Weeerrlll! They need to have a diagnostic machine to diagnose a new battery! That’s like the dentist charging you 200 quid so he can look in your mouth and tell you you require a £1,200 filling! I really got on my high horse over it - charging me to diagnose something I pay them to replace? Apparently ( little bit of jargon here…) it’s the ‘standard in the industry these days…‘

🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊

Heres a bit of jargon…I never used to be SO angry or want to punch people so much…grrr….
‘Standard in the industry..’ along with ‘it’s company policy...’ ‘a team member will be with you shortly (ie 45 mins)...’
is enough to turn a calm person into a psychopath.... Shitpuffin award en route, @Oops 😡😡

• Sick
Thank you for your good wishes for tomorrow girls. It's a long day as it's the start of the second cycle and will be chemo + immuno. Friends are taking me and picking me up.
I was given a questionnaire about my mental state. Standard tests that are easy to manipulate to the outcome you want! Not sure if I want a referral to a shrink though!

What's going on in your life @Geranium? Are you on any other threads?
I pop up occasionally on the Lydia thread and the Frow one but like the off topic threads more these days!
I’m enjoying retirement and am really busy. Still loving the rescue ponies. Am waiting for a repair the the repair of my prolapse😂
Fingers crossed going to Botswana at the end of this month xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
S’funny you should say that Dearest…😜😃🫣 This month’s Shitpuffin Award goes to Jargon Schpeelers and the psychopathy they cause!

IMG_0313.jpeg

• Haha
I pop up occasionally on the Lydia thread and the Frow one but like the off topic threads more these days!
I’m enjoying retirement and am really busy. Still loving the rescue ponies. Am waiting for a repair the the repair of my prolapse😂
Fingers crossed going to Botswana at the end of this month xx
Botswana? Wow! Do tell more....

Do you have any idea of your operation timing? How terrible to be waiting.

If not writing one - I can certainly recommend one or two blockbusters if you are in need of a good book, @Miscanthus 🥰❤ XX
I am in need of some book suggestions...please. i take my kindle but dont fancy anything and we haven't had book club for ages. Again I fell asleep during treatment but it's the pre-drugs they give you. I had taken my sketchpad but never got it out. The oncology nurse came to see me and we agree we would try me on sleeping tabs before sending me to a shrink. Last night I slept from 10.30 to 5.59. No waking at 3.30 or 2.30 yay!

• Heart
Evergreen is a must read Dearest! Every green one in the Western world has a copy and utterly adores it. It’s available on the dusty, back shelves of a bookstore near you…Its the only book you will ever need to read and it’s recommended that you read it on repeat forever more, since no other book can beat it. Whilst you read it you must also listen to it, so the government recommendations are to buy the book and then buy the same book on audible and then audibly listen to it. You will audibly gasp at the contents.
---
…And then I woke up…So good to hear you have managed to get some sleep Dearest! I know how debilitating it is to miss out on your sleep believe me! I really hope this continues and you get restorative sleep every night now. Another week out of the way! You are doing well. Do you know how many more weeks your treatments are planned for? It might be good to speak to a ‘shrink’ about how you are feeling. I think if you get the right person it can be invaluable. Have you heard from your sister? What’s going on in the garden? Is there a greenhouse imminent? Have you planted anything?

I still haven’t planted my window boxes up and my family from Germany are due in May! It’s still frosty some mornings. you could easily lose heart couldn’t you?

Anyway, you can please yourself again now for another week. I hope it will be a good one and that you feel ok. Xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
I am in need of some book suggestions...please. i take my kindle but dont fancy anything and we haven't had book club for ages. Again I fell asleep during treatment but it's the pre-drugs they give you. I had taken my sketchpad but never got it out. The oncology nurse came to see me and we agree we would try me on sleeping tabs before sending me to a shrink. Last night I slept from 10.30 to 5.59. No waking at 3.30 or 2.30 yay!

That is good news, Capitán. I’m glad that you slept so well. Sleep is the most restorative thing ever. I have always been a great sleeper but hubby is like our @Oops and rarely gets a good night’s sleep. His whole family the same ... it’s a terrible thing and I don’t know how @Oops stands it either. It might be different when you write though - and can write at any hour of day or night - what a gift. Unfortunately, my husband is neither reader or writer and I do believe it is stress for the most part. His job is pretty relentless.

Don’t worry about The Shrink! I do believe that they are recommending a Counsellor to help you through the shock of having to deal with the second whammy when you had been in the clear and the psychological effects of that. It’s a big shock to the psyche - my daughter had a ‘Shrink’ in Children’s hospital when diagnosed with T1 - he was useless and we used to get into fits of giggles.

Here is one I’m currently reading and loving. It’s a debut novel by Amanda Bestor-Siegal. She is awesomely talented and it is a pleasure to read. It is about six or so characters living in a wealthy suburb of Paris, some native, some au pairs, and the part each has to play in a tragic event. I don’t want to finish it and hope she writes lots in the coming years.

DF0B6D94-04CE-4AE5-9CA3-D615C842265C.jpeg
6ABEA115-7A9F-4234-9072-ADF1EAC8A2D9.jpeg

---
Just read @Oops post 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Alternatively, there’s always Evergreen!! The three copies should still be available....

• Heart
Botswana? Wow! Do tell more....

Do you have any idea of your operation timing? How terrible to be waiting.
DH has a big birthday in early May and it’s also our wedding anniversary . We are starting in Victoria to see the Falls and then off to stay in 3 different safari camps. Very different from anything I’ve done before! X
I’m just waiting for a phone call for the op. It’s been about 9 months since I was told that the first op partially failed. Funny but I can’t remember being “normal “ down there anymore 😂 I’m also very prone to urge incontinence now.
But nothing I can’t cope with, it’s just how life is now.
Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Girls, I’m going to a wedding in Cavan today which means being in the car, ready to go at 10am!! What?? Just made breakfast and about to hit the shower when youngest nips in ahead of me..... why can’t you use your own shower? I say, Oh, yeah, you need to unblock it......

• Wow
  • Haha
Captain - not sure you have my messages - left 2 texts for you! Xx

• Wow
Captain I Sent 2 texts one at 9.42 and one again at 13.13. Also left a message as it went straight to answer when I called. Didn’t want to trouble you if the time wasn’t right. Thought you may be at an art show or resting after Thursday. Wasn’t sure of best time to call. Drat! 😜😀 Maybe tomorrow 🤞

• Wow
Good Morning Girls and welcome to today 🐿,

I have news! It’s funny. A certain florist was despatched on Friday to a certain 🐿. The florist had been instructed to deliver ‘something elegantly restrained preferably in white with maybe a little pink and or blue…’ The florist was clearly very anxious to please and so pulled all the stops out and delivered bonfire night instead. It was described as (and I quote) purple, yellow, lime-green, orange and blue and looks like a firework display going off!!

In addition to this a poor person unknown to any of us was the recipient of some texts and a voice message which will sound utterly bonkers and make no sense at all…Why I hear you ask, gentle reader? Werrrlll; that’s because one of us can’t do a simple thing like write a telephone number down correctly - that’s why…

Onwards and upwards Troops. I am sitting at my specially bought report reading table today in order to (hopefully) read News on the Move from America ( yes dear Happy we need information please! ). In addition we are hoping for a report on The Wedding in Cavan and/or The Hairy Shower…

In the meantime, here’s a little interlude…

Peace, piece, peas ✌

• Heart
  • Haha
Good morning!
Thank you for the interlude 🤲🫶

Hmmm, I can totally see that a certain florist followed your instructions to the very letter! 😂
20240420_125631.jpg

• Heart

---
So…erm…here’s another erm…interlude…

Disclaimer. There is no truth in the rumour that this man is moving in with a certain person. No truth whatsoever…
---
No, definitely not! Wouldn’t give him house room. Not under any circumstances whatsoever…No! That’s a definite no and will remain so. Isn’t a well thrown pot a glorious thing though?

Last edited:
  • Haha

---
So…erm…here’s another erm…interlude…

Disclaimer. There is no truth in the rumour that this man is moving in with a certain person. No truth whatsoever…
---
No, definitely not! Wouldn’t give him house room. Not under any circumstances whatsoever…No! That’s a definite no and will remain so. Isn’t a well thrown pot a glorious thing though?
🤣 It's those hands and intense stare 😍
Mmmm....do love a good pot though!

• Haha