Vignettes and Pets #6 Three Degrees of Separation

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good morning and welcome to today👩‍🍳

It’s not easy being a woman who detests, abhors and reviles cooking. Imagine then my chagrin when I arrived at the flawless plan to make Teddy Bears sausages myself in order to get the ruddy fat content down. Those of you who have small portions of their memory left (unlike me) might recal His Majesty has a pancreatitis problem which flares up if he is given fatty food. Ha! I thought, when I checked the fat content of his beloved sausages, I will have to step in and save him.

I stepped in to save him by taking his raw food (which he will no longer eat) which is very low fat turkey and or duck (he went off the venison) I thawed it out and I mixed it with organic leghorn eggs (massive orange yolks and brimming with farmyard integrity and goodness) and a tiny amount of sour dough bread and fashioned some sausage shapes out of the resultant gloop. I baked in the oven on a trivet just in case one tiny globule of fat had got in despite my best vigilance) and I waited. I waited a bit longer and then decided they must be cooked after an hour even though they looked as pale as my disappointment over not being able to make decent sausages for my dog.

You got it in one gentle reader, he would not eat them.

So his Auntie Emily had to be despatched to buy sausages with LOW fat content. Easier said than done without a long car journey and an ordnance survey map.

I have kept a record of what he turned down just so you can see how abysmal my offering was. See below.

I am besides myself. He will not eat ANYTHING apart from sausages now. Nowt, niet, nada…rien! Yet the only thing he will eat may cause his cripplingly painful pancreatitis. I have in the last six weeks or so (since he started being uber-fussy just before his operation) thrown away hundreds of pounds worth of food. I even tried tinned tripe (yes, thats how low I was prepared to stoop) to NO AVAIL). The vet who advises his kidneys are compromised recommends the kibble for kidneys they sell and make a fortune on at the vets. He wont even sniff it never mind eat it. He‘s always had raw wet food so kibble is ‘foreign rubbish” in Teddy’s wonderful brain it seems.

So thet’s me news. My name is Oops and I am a failed sausage maker…🫣 It’s accolades and epithets like this that make one question why one even bothers having a flopping kitchen.

Peace, piece, peas ✌

View attachment 2878216
Good morning dearest @Oops...
Hmmm...TB is clearly a discerning diner 😁
Seriously, fancy turning down such an offering, handcrafted by his adoring mama. She of the michelinless star, world famous saucissons!
I wonder what it is in the bought sausages that he likes...fat I expect! Did he eat the low fat bought ones? Has his pancreatitis returned since his sausage diet?
Has the richest vet in the world suggested anything other than kibble? Does he have something that might stimulate TB's appetite? I know you are against steroids but I can now speak from experience that they make you ravenous....all the blooming time....

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Good morning and welcome to today👩‍🍳

It’s not easy being a woman who detests, abhors and reviles cooking. Imagine then my chagrin when I arrived at the flawless plan to make Teddy Bears sausages myself in order to get the ruddy fat content down. Those of you who have small portions of their memory left (unlike me) might recal His Majesty has a pancreatitis problem which flares up if he is given fatty food. Ha! I thought, when I checked the fat content of his beloved sausages, I will have to step in and save him.

I stepped in to save him by taking his raw food (which he will no longer eat) which is very low fat turkey and or duck (he went off the venison) I thawed it out and I mixed it with organic leghorn eggs (massive orange yolks and brimming with farmyard integrity and goodness) and a tiny amount of sour dough bread and fashioned some sausage shapes out of the resultant gloop. I baked in the oven on a trivet just in case one tiny globule of fat had got in despite my best vigilance) and I waited. I waited a bit longer and then decided they must be cooked after an hour even though they looked as pale as my disappointment over not being able to make decent sausages for my dog.

You got it in one gentle reader, he would not eat them.

So his Auntie Emily had to be despatched to buy sausages with LOW fat content. Easier said than done without a long car journey and an ordnance survey map.

I have kept a record of what he turned down just so you can see how abysmal my offering was. See below.

I am besides myself. He will not eat ANYTHING apart from sausages now. Nowt, niet, nada…rien! Yet the only thing he will eat may cause his cripplingly painful pancreatitis. I have in the last six weeks or so (since he started being uber-fussy just before his operation) thrown away hundreds of pounds worth of food. I even tried tinned tripe (yes, thats how low I was prepared to stoop) to NO AVAIL). The vet who advises his kidneys are compromised recommends the kibble for kidneys they sell and make a fortune on at the vets. He wont even sniff it never mind eat it. He‘s always had raw wet food so kibble is ‘foreign rubbish” in Teddy’s wonderful brain it seems.

So thet’s me news. My name is Oops and I am a failed sausage maker…🫣 It’s accolades and epithets like this that make one question why one even bothers having a flopping kitchen.

Peace, piece, peas ✌

View attachment 2878216
Well, I’ll be damned. Jaw hitting the floor here. How could he refuse such delicate morsels. I actually zoomed in for a close-up because I don’t think your pic did them justice. They look the perfect size, texture, ahem, colour.... I wonder that he didn’t attack them with glee?!

I wonder if you reserved the sausage fat and put a spoon of the melted reserved fat over the healthy option? Almost like a dressing?

Have you tried a boned lamb chop? Gem will devour the meat and play with the bone.

As @Miscanthus says - did Teddy eat the low fat sausages that Emily was despatched to get? Has Emily come back yet from her travels - with the goodies?

Does TB sense that you loathe cooking and does not trust your offerings besides the sausages he cannot resist?

Try turkey bacon and lardons over scrambled eggs - keep us posted, though, we need to work this one out. We need low fat that cheats TB into believing it’s a sausage - not just any sausage - an M&S sausage ....

• Heart
Well, I’ll be damned. Jaw hitting the floor here. How could he refuse such delicate morsels. I actually zoomed in for a close-up because I don’t think your pic did them justice. They look the perfect size, texture, ahem, colour.... I wonder that he didn’t attack them with glee?!

I wonder if you reserved the sausage fat and put a spoon of the melted reserved fat over the healthy option? Almost like a dressing?

Have you tried a boned lamb chop? Gem will devour the meat and play with the bone.

As @Miscanthus says - did Teddy eat the low fat sausages that Emily was despatched to get? Has Emily come back yet from her travels - with the goodies?

Does TB sense that you loathe cooking and does not trust your offerings besides the sausages he cannot resist?

Try turkey bacon and lardons over scrambled eggs - keep us posted, though, we need to work this one out. We need low fat that cheats TB into believing it’s a sausage - not just any sausage - an M&S sausage ....
I zoomed in too 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Delish - I would be insulted if these morsels didn’t tempt...

View attachment 2878568
Oh no! They look even worse with nothing either side of them to contextualise them in the first place. I don’t blame him girls - I sooo don’t!

The low fat versions are still 26 % and he adores them too. I have just cooked today and tomorrow’s next batch and squeezed the beejayzas out of them with the paper towels. I put them on a higher trivet in the oven and so a bit more fat came out!

I am zoned out with Teddy’s food. It’s been stressing me out for weeks now and I just have to let go…It’s coming between me and my sleep! Upside of that is my writing is much more prolific!

Anyway, he’s loving sausages and I was told to discontinue the rib eye steak . I do have lamb chops in the freezer so will give them a go later in the week but they are tiny ( anything from Daylesford food hall is tiny and light on the weight. At least there are no growth hormones in them tho as they are organic. His mouth is now healing very nicely and he will now show me his gums! I am sneaking his CBD oil into the roof of his mouth so that might help his poor sore legs by killing the pain. He does seem improved and has stayed upright since his £290 injections last week! They rang me next day asking for immediate payment. No invoice and no receipt! Lovely. Main thing is he seems to be improving so I simply don’t care as long as he’s still gazing up at me having moved his bed to my feet like he’s doing at the moment!

Thanks girls for your interest in my tedium - I know I’m an utter bore at the moment. Forgive me 🙏

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Oh no! They look even worse with nothing either side of them to contextualise them in the first place. I don’t blame him girls - I sooo don’t!

The low fat versions are still 26 % and he adores them too. I have just cooked today and tomorrow’s next batch and squeezed the beejayzas out of them with the paper towels. I put them on a higher trivet in the oven and so a bit more fat came out!

I am zoned out with Teddy’s food. It’s been stressing me out for weeks now and I just have to let go…It’s coming between me and my sleep! Upside of that is my writing is much more prolific!

Anyway, he’s loving sausages and I was told to discontinue the rib eye steak . I do have lamb chops in the freezer so will give them a go later in the week but they are tiny ( anything from Daylesford food hall is tiny and light on the weight. At least there are no growth hormones in them tho as they are organic. His mouth is now healing very nicely and he will now show me his gums! I am sneaking his CBD oil into the roof of his mouth so that might help his poor sore legs by killing the pain. He does seem improved and has stayed upright since his £290 injections last week! They rang me next day asking for immediate payment. No invoice and no receipt! Lovely. Main thing is he seems to be improving so I simply don’t care as long as he’s still gazing up at me having moved his bed to my feet like he’s doing at the moment!

Thanks girls for your interest in my tedium - I know I’m an utter bore at the moment. Forgive me 🙏
You are many things, @Oops but never boring! Best of luck with the lamb chop - I will eat your neighbour, Oopsy, if he refuses it. The low fat will work as will the turkey bacon, surely. Best of luck 🙏🤞

Vets are a mercenary crowd. I agree with you. Mine send a link straight to the Cart to buy drops, chews and kibble she won’t eat or allow near her. I simply ignore them until I think there’s a problem, ie rubbing her ears on the ground or shuffling - then I know it’s an allergy/gland issue.

I hope you catch up on your sleep. X

• Heart
  • Haha
🐿🐿🐿Captain have you rung her? 🐿🐿🐿
---
🐿I am praying you don’t find she didn’t answer! 🐿

• Heart
Reactions: 1
🐿🐿🐿Captain have you rung her? 🐿🐿🐿
---
🐿I am praying you don’t find she didn’t answer! 🐿
I am just praying.... 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏. ...... Oh, Capitán, where are you?? @Oops - I’ve sent you a dropcloth..... and a sausage for TB..... Edge of seat, here....................!

• Haha
🐿🐿🐿🐿The squirrel has landed...I repeat...the squirrel has landed! 🐿🐿🐿🐿
I have spoken to Eleanor and answered the questions correctly 😁
Package scheduled for Friday 😊 (I will be at hospital all day tomorrow).

Yay! Halleluia!! ❤🙏👏🥂🤞🏼☘💐🎹🎷🎻🥰😉🥰😍🥳👏🥁🎯 Roll on Friday!!

Best of bestest tomorrow too, Capitán XX

• Heart
IMG_0405.jpeg

Oh thank goodness! Hurrah! At last! Yippeeeeeeee…💕😜🙏🪄

Good luck tomorrow dearest Captain - I will be thinking of you as usual xx
---
I’m sorry this took SO long Captain. We got there in the end though…🐿🐿🐿

• Heart
Likewise dearest cousin…Likewise. Madam Frou Frou de Paris will be tres busy! 👒 👒 👒

IMG_0406.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Thank you for your good wishes for tomorrow girls. It's a long day as it's the start of the second cycle and will be chemo + immuno. Friends are taking me and picking me up.
I was given a questionnaire about my mental state. Standard tests that are easy to manipulate to the outcome you want! Not sure if I want a referral to a shrink though!

What's going on in your life @Geranium? Are you on any other threads?

• Heart
I wondered if it’s possible to write whilst you have your treatments Captain? Then at the end you might have a blockbuster to show for it! You know how well received your writing is…Just a thought…Thinking of you and sending love xx💕

• Heart