Video games

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have exactly the same issue. Even trying to play games that aren't popular.
I gave up trying.
I tried one the other day and said wait time of 15 minutes and after 30 minutes I gave up!

I end up deleting and downloading as I want them now. But mainly because we have decent internet and although the xbox speeds seem to be capped, it still downloads arpund 200mbps so doesnt take TOO long.
Thanks, good to know am not the only one having issues, I was honestly thinking mines was just constantly getting froze on the screen an was doing nothing

My internet is no where near as fast, it averages like 30mbps so deleting then downloading would just take too long especially cause I will game hop, am really hoping they will fix the issue, more an more games are coming to game pass an its becoming impossible to stream anything these days, I know it still says it's in beta but before starfield I'd get in in maybe 20 mins tops

Reactions: 1
86 hours into Starfield but Marvel's Spider-Man 2 comes out at midnight so I'll be switching to that for a while!
---
^^^I've been playing sniper elite 4 recently again and got into it more in regards to weapons progression and kit load out. Started setting up elaborate traps with mines etc. Never gets old IMO. I also managed to shoot Hitler in the balls unintentionally in an add on to 3 thus reinforcing the urban myth.

I was seriously thinking of giving 5 a go so was interested to read your post.
I found SE 3 a bit samey location wise and the first two were too fiddly for a basic brute force FPS type like me.
SE5 annoyed me because there was far less sniping and far more close-up combat, with pistoles/machine guns etc

Anyone remember the old Sniper arcade game, with gun mounted? That was great

you guys seem good at this stuff so I’m hoping one of you might know:LOL: I’ve got an old game that I wanted to try and play, but my gaming laptop doesn’t have a disk drive. If I installed it on my pc and then transferred it to a memory stick would I be able to play it from the memory stick on my laptop or do I still need the disks to run it? Or am I better off buying a plug in disk drive?

you guys seem good at this stuff so I’m hoping one of you might know:LOL: I’ve got an old game that I wanted to try and play, but my gaming laptop doesn’t have a disk drive. If I installed it on my pc and then transferred it to a memory stick would I be able to play it from the memory stick on my laptop or do I still need the disks to run it? Or am I better off buying a plug in disk drive?
You can indeed 😊

Might depend on your laptop, mines only seemed to work with a plug in disk drive but mines is quite old so the memory stick wasn't quite working on it, if you have a spare memory stick then won't hurt to try

If I remember right, the last time I needed to install something from a CD, I paired the laptop and the desktop via Bluetooth and then I could see the CD-ROM drive on the other machine. Not sure if that would be fast enough for gaming though.

The best way is probably to try to copy the disc as an ISO and then copy that to your laptop and mount it. Depends how old the game is and what sort of protection it has as to whether there’ll be a roadblock copying it.

Just copying the already installed files from another computer is unlikely to work, you’ll need to be able to install it on your laptop.

Has anyone gotten the backbone? Been looking at it but seems to be mixed reviews with some saying you need to have your PS on an others saying not, also mixed on if you need to be on same WiFi as house or not an if you need to be close by to consoles

Am looking for it for a easier travel device, I don't mind my Nintendo but it's a bit big for my bag an I don't like leaving it in hotels, the backbone seems like it would fit fine folded down in my bag

I'd be using it for game pass, PS5 and steam if it can handle all those, I've got all the apps for those on my phone

So nearly finished Mirage. It's definitely a shorter game but still long enough. It's a good time killer but overall I wouldn't say a standout game.

I finally finished Cyberpunk2077.
To paraphrase Proust "It were great".
It probably tries to be too many things to too many people but at least it tries. You definately get kettled into certain choices etc but most RPG's are guilty of this. I found some FO4 plot progression choices more unlikely/unweildy. Best RPG I've played since Vampire": The masquerade where I felt involved in the plot and was interested in what was going on and the repercussions from the choices I made.

I'm now playing the Liberty add on which is good but not great IMO. Not deserving of a 9/10 like someone gave it. The 9/10 out of 10 perfection scoring on IGN/Gamespot etc is getting out of control. They're going to have to start giving games 11 or 12 out of 10 if this carries on.

I'm going to commence downloading Starfield but I fear it'll be a let down or beige after Cyberpunk.

I might give Alan Wake 2 a go but I only thought the first one was Solid and looked pretty but little more IMO.

To paraphrase Proust "It were great".
It probably tries to be too many things to too many people but at least it tries. You definately get kettled into certain choices etc but most RPG's are guilty of this. I found some FO4 plot progression choices more unlikely/unweildy. Best RPG I've played since Vampire": The masquerade where I felt involved in the plot and was interested in what was going on and the repercussions from the choices I made.

I'm now playing the Liberty add on which is good but not great IMO. Not deserving of a 9/10 like someone gave it. The 9/10 out of 10 perfection scoring on IGN/Gamespot etc is getting out of control. They're going to have to start giving games 11 or 12 out of 10 if this carries on.
I'm just at the start of Act 3 of Cyberpunk but have been taking time away from the story to tie up all the gigs and side missions. Been really enjoying it although feeling kind of ready to get moving on the story again now. Haven't bought the expansion yet but probably will as my OH will want to play it when he comes home (he works abroad). Interesting to read your feedback on it. I do agree review sites are getting a bit carried away with their scores!!

Is that game first person? What’s it like playing like that? I remember when it came out there was some rumblings because you can customise your character but then you don’t actually see your character much in the game

Is that game first person? What’s it like playing like that? I remember when it came out there was some rumblings because you can customise your character but then you don’t actually see your character much in the game
I actually forgot what my character looked like until I saw them in the mirror after a few hours gameplay 😂 you see them if you change camera view when riding a motorbike or in your reflection and that’s about it. I’m not a first person gamer at all so it took a while to get used to the perspective but I’ve gotten on ok.

Has anyone had a go on this one? I'd be curious to hear your views.
I enjoyed the original arcade port on the Gameboy/mega drive. It looks like a bit of light hearted carnage.

Is anyone playing fashion dreamer on switch? Am kindi loving it even if I don't fully know what am doing lol, am hoping there's no limit on items cause am just liking everything right now

Spirit Of The North is getting a sequel. There is a trailer but no release date yet. Also, Out And About the foraging game set in Scotland did a crowd funder which recently achieved its goal and stretch targets by raising over 120k through crowdfunding. I'm hoping to see a release date for that soon.

Reactions: 2

Yel

There's actually going to be a GTA 6?! 🫣

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.