Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

slugella

VIP Member
Couldn't agree with you more! Like if anyone can afford the glass bottle milk delivery option or making your own or looking into other sustainable options, it's her. This is her ENTIRE brand, which she is monetising. Surely she owes her followers more than a dismissive "I'm not interested". Also I never understand why influencers don't see it just makes them look so incredibly bitchy/passive aggressive when they go on these rants on their stories... the vast majority of your followers haven't DM'd you something about your plant mylk so why do the rest of us have to be subjected to her egotistical rant?
Exactly! It could even give her some good content showing how to make different milks and which she recommends etc.

Reactions: 1

emm

VIP Member
I think a lot of influencers who made the rushed decision to move out of the city, especially during covid, now regret it. Victoria from inthefrow is one of them.
The same friend I mentioned before (Lottie murphy) did the same and then moved back to London, I wonder if she wants to and Max is stopping her? must be pretty isolating

emm

VIP Member
I’m surprised to see her latest video is an ad with Ren, aren’t they owned by Unilever?
I was surprised her husband was advertising that fake meat product which clearly comes in plastic packaging. I love Ren products but (unless things have changed recently) they are in non recylable plastic aren't they?

GirlOnTheTrain

Does anyone follow Venetia’s sister Rosanna (apologies for bringing her up here but she doesn’t have her own thread).

Her house in London is undergoing renovations so her, her husband and two children have moved to India for four months. I knew the family were privileged but wow 😯

She is posting on TikTok about it:
Yeah I stopped following her a while ago, she seems unbearable.

Snorky

I don't understand what you mean...are you saying you are not interested in 100th episode of chickpea tuna salad making and sky AD? 🫠🫠
Totally agree, she could promote charity shops locally but nah...better meet sustainability groups in Paris 🤷‍♀️
The Sky ads thing is somehow more bearable than the coffee vids haha
---
I’m sure she did a post a while ago telling people not to give to charity shops as lots of the stuff doesn’t get sold and ends up in landfill anyway…so sell stuff instead…I’m paraphrasing here but it was definitely something along those lines.
I can see her point about donating, as despite my best efforts those above me want old stock gone if it’s not sold after 4 weeks 😬 but buying from the shops will help
---
I’ve volunteered at a charity shop and tbh, people treated it like landfill (I wonder if it’s the same experience for others?). I also volunteered during the Ukraine crisis, sorting through clothes donations and that was shocking. We’d recieved bags of dirty clothing rags (one was utterly covered in dog hair). It was an interesting insight into the mindset of people donating, who definitely were of the mindset that beggars shouldn’t be choosers, which I found a little depressing. Someone has had their life ripped from them, they deserve better than your dirty worn rags.

rhe thing is… based on the brands and styles of clothing, you could tell it was older well to do women who were donating the worst crap. I found that pretty shocking.

but shopping at a charity shop will provide revenue to the charity, will reduce environmental impact and will increase shop turnover = ability to sell more. The problem lies with people donating rags and crap, and the main offenders won’t be venetias core demographic. So I don’t know why she’d send that message out.

I liked Saint thrifty, but I followed her from when she had just started her account. She’d attempted a different type of blog before. I prefer her to Venetia, but she’s very militant about her message. E.g. she won’t share the brand name of clothing because she doesn’t want to give them further exposure and just encourages her followers to search for similar on eBay. If it’s an old item of clothing, it’s not like she’ll be encouraging people to go and buy the item? And surely letting people know the brand name will encourage/make it easier to find on reselling sites? Her logic makes no sense to me.

I get the feeling she’s similar to Venetia - wanted an insta career and felt the fashion sustainability hype was the best vehicle after other avenues didn’t work out. She’s been way too slick and strategic for this to be an amateur attempt at influencing. And her mantra of “rewearing your wardrobe” goes out of the window when there’s a pantee collab in the cards
Yeah some bags are absolutely horrific, & it’s always smug people donating them 😒 even before I worked in charity retail I thought it was basic knowledge that you should only donate clean, usable stuff but apparently not everyone has the same idea 😅

You can get things so cheap & give them new life, even if it’s only for an extra few months before they fall apart. Plus most shops now offer refunds/exchanges if things don’t fit. So I think it’s much more accessible than ordering secondhand stuff online.

I’m still quite a new follower of saint.thrifty but I rarely trust influencers even if I enjoy their content, so that’s interesting to hear about her. Another blogger that I follow shared info about a cardigan she found on eBay which I then also bought secondhand because I loved it. If someone’s going to buy something because they’ve seen you wearing it then it’s better for them to search eBay for the brand than to go on Amazon or a fast fashion site 🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:

purple-rain

What happened between Venetia and Zanna, does anyone know? They don't seem very close anymore, at least on their social media accounts. I do like Venetia and feel I've learned a lot from her sustainable fashion content on Instagram. She seems genuine and I respect the fact she doesn't blast everything on social media.

laurensanchez

VIP Member
Where did you see Venetia is in her 40's?! I think they are both early 30's.
Some random commenter on her Instagram. It was on an earlier post that mentioned Max. I did some Googling and Venetia was pictured in a Daily mail article with some other poshos that apparently are the second coming of feminism. Gimme a break.

webbie96

Are they still together? Max keeps posting about not being able to create content because he isn’t in the right headspace/putting pressure on himself etc

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
Anyone see her story today? I am wondering if she is stressed about wanting to get pregnant and not being able to, one of her good friends (Lottie Murphy) is pregnant now so I wonder if this is making it even more difficult for her
I can't see any stories from her. Did she delete them?

emm

VIP Member
Ah I haven't listened to this so may check it out - thank you. I do think it's almost weirder for her to suddenly take a black and white approach to friends when ironically what I'd like to see more of from her is nuance. I have definitely thought she was a bit of a hypocrite for preaching to her audience whilst living an insanely privileged life (beyond just the usual financial measure - she is so close to upper class (only not because her family aren't titled) and if you're familiar with her family home in Stroud it makes you think it's almost weirder for her to cosplay as a 'regular' person rather than just acknowledging her own quite out-of-touch reality) but is now doing a massive u-turn to be like i'm just like you guys!
What is her family home in stroud like?

zetta buttons

VIP Member
Rosanna is great friends with Pacho Jaipur the polo player, otherwise known as Maharajah Padmanabh Singh, the “king” of Jaipur. His net worth is reported to be in the billions. They go back a good few years and he has always made sure Rosanna and family have been looked after in Jaipur. He also listed an apartment in the Palace on Airbnb at £8k a NIGHT so I wonder if Rosanna is staying in a “kindly gifted” apartment…
I’ve been waiting for a Rosanna thread for ages…… not just to rant but to rave too. I am obsessed about Rosanna. Her wedding dress was out of this world. If only we could all have Matthew Williamson design our wedding dresses (French Connection sale for me 😂).

emm

VIP Member
i thinl it is a weird standpoint to take in a way, like i get having loads of children isn't a good idea, but if we don't procreate anyway we will become extinct anyway. or is it just keeping the word for animals?

Swipeupyouguys

VIP Member
I think Max looks exactly like a model! A proper model not a celebrity/Instagram model. He has got that NYC model look for sure in my opinion!

I have his book and he did work as a chef (self taught) at a Manhattan vegan restaurant.

I think his ideas look good but I’m not sure how much actual flavour a lot of the dishes would have in reality
Do you know anything he modelled for?

buffyjayne

Chatty Member
I feel Leena would have made a great non fiction judge too. She's been putting in the work on book videos for 13 years on Youtube! And in the last few years has started The No Books On A Dead Planet series. Oh well, well done Venetia, I guess.