Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if it's been said before but I've been vegetarian for 7 years now and now am transitioning to veganism! I highly recommend Hellmans Vegan Mayonnaise! Also make sure you take a daily multivitamin to keep your levels topped up (even if you're just doing Veganary).

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I have now tried some Vivera stuff and the Shawarma kebab is great! Had it in a pita bread with some salad and sriracha and garlic sauce I made by mixing vegan mayo with garlic and herbs. Also tried bacon bites, very smokey. Meat-eating boyfriend had most of the bacon and said "Don't tell anyone but I actually quite liked it!".
Also purchased some Strong Roots frozen foods and will get back in them in due course.
Lastly, I think we will have a Papa John's tomorrow, has anyone tried the new " Vegan Chilli Freak"? Sounds so good just going by description!

Reactions: 7
I have now tried some Vivera stuff and the Shawarma kebab is great! Had it in a pita bread with some salad and sriracha and garlic sauce I made by mixing vegan mayo with garlic and herbs. Also tried bacon bites, very smokey. Meat-eating boyfriend had most of the bacon and said "Don't tell anyone but I actually quite liked it!".
Also purchased some Strong Roots frozen foods and will get back in them in due course.
Lastly, I think we will have a Papa John's tomorrow, has anyone tried the new " Vegan Chilli Freak"? Sounds so good just going by description!
which Strong Roots did you buy? I too love the Vivera Shawarma.

Reactions: 2
Hey there, I have just stumbled across this thread and wow, the ideas are great.
I am a hard core carnivore, I probably eat meat/fish twice daily but have committed to a vegetarian January and my goodness, I can't believe how much I'm enjoying it.
I know i'm barely over a week in but love the M&S plant kitchen popcorn cauliflower, plant kitchen mini Kiev's, Cauldron sausages.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
which Strong Roots did you buy? I too love the Vivera Shawarma.
My local Tesco didn't have much choice so I got some spinach bites. I really wanted some hash browns, such as the courgette or cauliflowers ones.
They had a good selection of burgers but I made some lentil ones from scratch so didn't want to buy frozen ones but might get some next time ^^
Which Strong Roots products are your fave?

Hey there, I have just stumbled across this thread and wow, the ideas are great.
I am a hard core carnivore, I probably eat meat/fish twice daily but have committed to a vegetarian January and my goodness, I can't believe how much I'm enjoying it.
I know i'm barely over a week in but love the M&S plant kitchen popcorn cauliflower, plant kitchen mini Kiev's, Cauldron sausages.
Hi, very well done! When I first started properly cutting down on meat, I did a veggie January (doing proper veganuary was daunting as heck) and it was so great!
I am still to try the mini Kievs but I love Plant Kitchen green curry with Jasmine rice 😍
Good luck for the rest of the month (or hopefully a bit longer) and do report back if you try anything else nice 💗💗💗

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
My local Tesco didn't have much choice so I got some spinach bites. I really wanted some hash browns, such as the courgette or cauliflowers ones.
They had a good selection of burgers but I made some lentil ones from scratch so didn't want to buy frozen ones but might get some next time ^^
Which Strong Roots products are your fave?

Hi, very well done! When I first started properly cutting down on meat, I did a veggie January (doing proper veganuary was daunting as heck) and it was so great!
I am still to try the mini Kievs but I love Plant Kitchen green curry with Jasmine rice 😍
Good luck for the rest of the month (or hopefully a bit longer) and do report back if you try anything else nice 💗💗💗
I really like these two a lot. Also like the quinoa burgers.
A960CD79-997D-4E7D-9EE6-1C4FA256A699.jpeg
CCC32940-51F6-4D08-92A3-70C508C24151.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Got these in a food order to try. Not had them before. Will probably stick them in the freezer first. Am thinking of chopping one up to put in a veg chilli. I also got the ‘fingers’ below’.
51BD439D-2820-4568-8A69-F4F7C061F071.jpeg
4FAF48D8-C9A0-4A73-ACE9-8180907313BC.jpeg

I had an Alpro coconut dessert thing the other day, omg it was so nice! Like eating coconutty custard. I love it as a sweet treat after dinner. Tried the chocolate version and that wasn’t as nice, had a bit of a funny aftertaste to it.

The strong roots stuff looks really nice.

So I had a cheeky Papa John's today, the Vegan Chilli Freak. It was very nice, and quite spicy. My only "issue" with vegan cheese is that it's a bit like marscapone, it tastes nice but it's a bit wet on the pizza, so more like cream than cheese? I am sure most vegans are used to it.
I got some "Not-Chicken" Vegan Bites (basically vegan nuggets) and they were excellent. Good texture (like, slightly processed but thanks to that quite similar to traditional nuggets) and great flavour. Quite filling too. Would happily get them again instead of actual chicken nuggets which i probably only eat once a year any ways. Will attach a picture.

I also remembered I really like this yoghurt! With some fruit for a healthy dessert but also to top a curry or a soup. It's got lovely tangyness to it, like traditional yoghurt. It's a bit pricey though.
1610323946133.png

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’ve had that coconut yogurt and seem to remember liking it. It is on the expensive side.

Has anyone tried beleaf yogurt?
It’s almond one and so good. Fairly cheap too compared to others

The new Aldi Plant Menu vegan mince is really good, as are the sausages! Mince is £1.99 and sausages £1.29

I have a freezer full of Tofoo because I went in my local co op last week and there was a load in yellow stickers for 42p! My lucky day :ROFLMAO:

For anyone new to tofu I would recommend freezing/unfreezing before use, it makes it a lot firmer.

One of my favourite vegan treats is using Franks Buffalo sauce to make Buffalo Tofu, Tofoo you don't need to press but other brands I would, cube it then coat with cornflour, bake then warm a bowl of Buffalo sauce with a bit of vegan spread and throw the tofu in to coat. So good! Especially with mac and cheese, proper comfort food.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Does anyone have any recommendations for Vegan multivitamins? Preferably ones that are easy to swallow and not full of fillers / bulking agents 😓

Does anyone have any recommendations for Vegan multivitamins? Preferably ones that are easy to swallow and not full of fillers / bulking agents 😓
I use the my vegan ones. They usually have some decent discounts on them. I think they have 40% off for veganuary at the moment.

I had an Alpro coconut dessert thing the other day, omg it was so nice! Like eating coconutty custard. I love it as a sweet treat after dinner. Tried the chocolate version and that wasn’t as nice, had a bit of a funny aftertaste to it.

The strong roots stuff looks really nice.
These are my fave, the vanilla ones are also really lovely 😍

Holland & Barratt vegan multivitamins 😊

I urge you all to try these with the Alpro vanilla custard. OMG.

Last edited:
Those aldi puddings are lovely, I had a caramel one tonight but I think I preferred the chocolate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.