Vee Kativhu

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
can someone confirm!? Harvard doesn't actually give you a trophy after you finish right? (non-american here)

If so that's so disgustingly self congratulatory hahahahaha is she even real
Is it possible that family/friend got it for her?

Reactions: 1
Is it possible that family/friend got it for her?
I think so, someone also got her a 200,000 subscriber plaque. I'm all for women sharing their wins but it seems the balloons go up every week in Vee's house 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I think so, someone also got her a 200,000 subscriber plaque. I'm all for women sharing their wins but it seems the balloons go up every week in Vee's house 😂
Possibly because she has a very supportive environment and achieved lots of things in a short timespan? Honestly she did objectively achieve multiple things in quick succession. I do agree buying balloons every time (especially if she buys them herself rather than other buying them for her) is a waste. And a little unnecessary. I know it's nice for the gram but she could just upload a happy photo of herself without them. But I completely understand her celebrating things like her birthday, releasing a book, graduating from uni etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Possibly because she has a very supportive environment and achieved lots of things in a short timespan? Honestly she did objectively achieve multiple things in quick succession. I do agree buying balloons every time (especially if she buys them herself rather than other buying them for her) is a waste. And a little unnecessary. I know it's nice for the gram but she could just upload a happy photo of herself without them. But I completely understand her celebrating things like her birthday, releasing a book, graduating from uni etc.
You can celebrate without acting like it's a 5 year old's birthday party. Who even cares about birthdays after they turn 20? When I graduated uni I got congratulations from my family, but that's it?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
You can celebrate without acting like it's a 5 year old's birthday party. Who even cares about birthdays after they turn 20? When I graduated uni I got congratulations from my family, but that's it?
I'm similar. The last birthday party I had was when I was 10. I rarely do anything on my birthday as well. But that depends on your family. Clearly her family does care about it and that's ok too.

wait what
I genuinely couldn’t believe it, she was obviously only on it because of malala which is pretty sneaky tbh. Vee is clearly trying to make a big name for herself and i was shocked that she would be on something so big like the friends reunion

The question I’d ask is this...
Is it an “achievement” to have a famous friend?
That’s literally the only reason she got on there. Her clout chasing is exhausting.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
By association, Malala would have been interviewed by herself I bet but vee has wormed her way in
She’s really milked her friendship with Malala tbh. I don’t doubt they’re friends, but Malala had a Nobel Prize when Vee still wasn’t known at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She was on the friends reunion, but wasn't listed in the credits. Only Malala was👀 Shes always been the same. I've known her for years. Always hunts off other peoples glory and really over emphasises her achievements. Everything has to be over the top, always

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I mean of all the things you can criticise her for I think making a big deal out of her birthday isn't really that bad, especially as her friends and family are organising lots of this stuff

I mean of all the things you can criticise her for I think making a big deal out of her birthday isn't really that bad, especially as her friends and family are organising lots of this stuff
She makes a big deal out of everything. And a lot of it she gets herself, she's shown that in videos.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
She makes a big deal out of everything. And a lot of it she gets herself, she's shown that in videos.
I dunno, celebrating and making a big deal out of stuff rather than plodding along in a general state of mediocrity like I do seems quite nice ngl. I think it's just her personality to be super outgoing and cheerful, and a women being confident in herself and her accomplishments is a good thing to me. Breaking covid regulations not so much tho.

• Sick
I just can’t get on board with her study/revision videos. Would be nice if she actually disclosed Harvard and Oxford's grade average and the specific fact that the most typical grade that Harvard gives is an A, rather than misleading her viewers into believing that 'straight A's' are some pinnacle of achievement. This issue of grade inflation is well-documented in these institutions and in fact some grade distributions are readily accessible.

Very little humility in this person.
She:
a) got some mediocre grades in A levels
b) Happened to be at the right place at the right time to find a foundation course that significantly improved her chances of admission into Oxford, because in the alternative, it would be downright inconceivable that she would be offered a place with her existing A level grades.
c) enjoyed the perks of grade inflation in Oxford (noting that some undergrad courses at Oxford only give out 2:2 to the bottom 5%!)
d) Became Youtube famous, started this personal branding and clout chasing venture, until she saved enough money to afford a Harvard degree and stack things on a resume
e) Attended Harvard, enjoyed the exact same grade inflation as in Oxford, unsurprisingly comes out with the most typical grade - an A

*How I went from C to an A* - grade inflation honey, methinks that's the answer.

Disclosure: these are just my thoughts and opinions on the matter and are by no means an assertion that this is the 'truth'. Perhaps I'm rather guided by the fact that she is just woefully insufferable in her videos.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I just can’t get on board with her study/revision videos. Would be nice if she actually disclosed Harvard and Oxford's grade average and the specific fact that the most typical grade that Harvard gives is an A, rather than misleading her viewers into believing that 'straight A's' are some pinnacle of achievement. This issue of grade inflation is well-documented in these institutions and in fact some grade distributions are readily accessible.

Very little humility in this person.
She:
a) got some mediocre grades in A levels
b) Happened to be at the right place at the right time to find a foundation course that significantly improved her chances of admission into Oxford, because in the alternative, it would be downright inconceivable that she would be offered a place with her existing A level grades.
c) enjoyed the perks of grade inflation in Oxford (noting that some undergrad courses at Oxford only give out 2:2 to the bottom 5%!)
d) Became Youtube famous, started this personal branding and clout chasing venture, until she saved enough money to afford a Harvard degree and stack things on a resume
e) Attended Harvard, enjoyed the exact same grade inflation as in Oxford, unsurprisingly comes out with the most typical grade - an A

*How I went from C to an A* - grade inflation honey, methinks that's the answer.

Disclosure: these are just my thoughts and opinions on the matter and are by no means an assertion that this is the 'truth'. Perhaps I'm rather guided by the fact that she is just woefully insufferable in her videos.
Going to Oxford and Harvard are both still significant achievements tho, and grade inflation is something that affects most unis nowdays, so her followers are probably in similar positions in regard to that. They only offer foundation courses to people from underperforming schools/areas so there must have been mitigating circumstances around her A levels/GSCEs that most middle class students that got to Oxford don't have. Foundation courses are essential to improving access and I don't really get why people tit on Vee for taking an opportunity and running with it. To make the jump from Bs at A level to performing at the standard of an average oxford/harvard student is quite impressive regardless of grade inflation, especially considering the standard of students they take. Youtube isn't that easy to be successful on, especially as a black woman, and using it as a source of income for her further education isn't a bad thing in any way. Yes she is very outgoing and confident, which won't be everyone's cup of tea, but she's a studytuber who's giving advice about studying. I don't see why she should have humility about her achievements when she has achieved a lot at a young age.

Reactions: 13
Going to Oxford and Harvard are both still significant achievements tho, and grade inflation is something that affects most unis nowdays, so her followers are probably in similar positions in regard to that. They only offer foundation courses to people from underperforming schools/areas so there must have been mitigating circumstances around her A levels/GSCEs that most middle class students that got to Oxford don't have. Foundation courses are essential to improving access and I don't really get why people tit on Vee for taking an opportunity and running with it. To make the jump from Bs at A level to performing at the standard of an average oxford/harvard student is quite impressive regardless of grade inflation, especially considering the standard of students they take. Youtube isn't that easy to be successful on, especially as a black woman, and using it as a source of income for her further education isn't a bad thing in any way. Yes she is very outgoing and confident, which won't be everyone's cup of tea, but she's a studytuber who's giving advice about studying. I don't see why she should have humility about her achievements when she has achieved a lot at a young age.
so, are you Vee's friend or something?

Reactions: 4