Vee Kativhu

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m pretty sure this book will have nothing new to offer. It will be just a bunch of inspirational quotes with no real content. Also, if she wants to help her community like she says, to be just as lucky as she is, why would she charge for that help? I really don’t understand how people can fall for these YouTubers schemes

• Heart
Reactions: 17
tbf the synopsis is very compelling, and she's not one of the studytubers who solely has a platform because of people's fascination with rich white girls with rp accents. this does also explain how she raised the 26k for harvard in a matter of months, must've been the advance

Reactions: 5
I never liked her but now she’s really getting on my last nerve.

I detest how all these random influencers just get book deals thrown at them, when they’ve got zero talent for writing and don’t have anything new to say. It’s so unfair, when there are people out there who can write but will never be published because they didn’t sell their soul to yt :(

• Heart
Reactions: 22
would not personally design merch or use EBV (epstein barr virus, causes mumps) in hashtags as much as she does, enough of her followers have bio backgrounds that it'll be their first association too. why don't ppl google their brand identities
Mumps is caused by mumps virus. EBV causes mono

Reactions: 1
I loved Vee but she's bugging me with the constant ads and promotions.

I don't even know what she studies now, kinda feels like it's all about money now which is sad because her motivation was what I found so inspiring.

Reactions: 14
i've been subscribed to vee since she had like 5k on youtube and i really liked her back then. she was relatable, funny, and motivating, but now i just feel like she's a walking billboard...i feel like everything she posts about and does is just for her cv and reputation.

liked if she actually cared about "girls education" in developing countries she'd put in the bleeping work and not just dance around on instagram with her family eating cake. so telling of her character as a person; they can watch me eat cake while i tell them how to live more "empowered" lives and profit off of book sales and brand deals. cute, really cute.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
i've been subscribed to vee since she had like 5k on youtube and i really liked her back then. she was relatable, funny, and motivating, but now i just feel like she's a walking billboard...i feel like everything she posts about and does is just for her cv and reputation.

liked if she actually cared about "girls education" in developing countries she'd put in the bleeping work and not just dance around on instagram with her family eating cake. so telling of her character as a person; they can watch me eat cake while i tell them how to live more "empowered" lives and profit off of book sales and brand deals. cute, really cute.
exactly what I thought! She’s so full of herself now she doesn’t realize how superficial she looks. Fighting for girls education is not about selling books nor sharing ADs about some weird platform. Nor bragging about how lucky you were EVERY TIME. She just sounds so fake now, I don’t buy any of that.

Reactions: 11
exactly what I thought! She’s so full of herself now she doesn’t realize how superficial she looks. Fighting for girls education is not about selling books nor sharing ADs about some weird platform. Nor bragging about how lucky you were EVERY TIME. She just sounds so fake now, I don’t buy any of that.
yessss!! i think she also realized that “fixing” girls education actually takes work and dedication. it also just seems so performative. like social mobility (which i think is her end goal) is enacted through grassroots, community run organizations and policies NOT through listening to social media influencers speak about their educational experiences? dunno, just all seems so superficial and disingenuous.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
What I find annoying about influencers is when they attempt to give info on writing a book/starting a business.

In her latest video she said Penguin approached HER. So how can she give advice about how to get a book deal/ get involved with a publisher? Her experience writing a book (start to finish she says will be 1 year and two months) is so different as an influencer!

Why do they never mention that they have a READY MADE AUDIENCE which is why they approached you?! Same with starting a business, typically getting a customer base is the hardest aspect of starting a business.

In a way, it doesn’t matter if the book is a load of shite or the products you sell are crap because you have people who will lap it up! Entirely different ball game for an ordinary person!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Her most recent video about not being able to graduate at Harvard in person bugs me. I really like her content, but, HELLO, she isn’t the only person that’s been affected by Covid. I had many projects last year that went down the drain because of Covid, and some more have been cancelled this year too. Plus my undergrad graduation will also take place online, too. Does it suck? Royally so. But I think it’s better to roll with the punches than making an online video saying that I dOnT GeT wHy I cAnT bE aT HaRvArD. Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t her mom a nurse, a FRONTLINE WORKER? Surely she should be aware of the titanic job sanitary workers have been under for a year bc of Covid, and that Covid isn’t just the thing that prevents her from going to Harvard?

Reactions: 15
Her most recent video about not being able to graduate at Harvard in person bugs me. I really like her content, but, HELLO, she isn’t the only person that’s been affected by Covid. I had many projects last year that went down the drain because of Covid, and some more have been cancelled this year too. Plus my undergrad graduation will also take place online, too. Does it suck? Royally so. But I think it’s better to roll with the punches than making an online video saying that I dOnT GeT wHy I cAnT bE aT HaRvArD. Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t her mom a nurse, a FRONTLINE WORKER? Surely she should be aware of the titanic job sanitary workers have been under for a year bc of Covid, and that Covid isn’t just the thing that prevents her from going to Harvard?
That was the 1st video I've watched of hers...man, not a great 1st impression. Complaining at the beginning as if she had Covid ("I feel like someone kicked me") then...GUYS I CAN"T GRADUATE IN PERSON. Who tf cares? Is she sad bc she is missing out on cute photos to hang on the wall? I'm actually confused.

Reactions: 9
I dont have a job because of covid but sure. her online graduation is an actual issue lmao

Reactions: 2
She must have known that there was a pretty high chance of this happening, when she accepted her place at Harvard. So complaining now is just pointless and like you guys said really does not show her in the best light

Reactions: 13
She must have known that there was a pretty high chance of this happening, when she accepted her place at Harvard. So complaining now is just pointless and like you guys said really does not show her in the best light
Surely the point of going to Harvard was to get a degree? No? Graduation is nice but you go to uni to get a qualification

Reactions: 11
Surely the point of going to Harvard was to get a degree? No? Graduation is nice but you go to uni to get a qualification
I mean that’s why I go to uni. Graduating and all is a nice celebration, but the main purpose is getting the knowledge + degree in order to pursue a good job in the future. Seems like she cares more about the Instagrammable moments than the actual Master’s?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I mean that’s why I go to uni. Graduating and all is a nice celebration, but the main purpose is getting the knowledge + degree in order to pursue a good job in the future. Seems like she cares more about the Instagrammable moments than the actual Master’s?
Yep, i thought this too!

Reactions: 4
I have a bit of sympathy (not much) as she didn’t get a graduation for her undergrad, but then she would’ve known that this likely to be the case when she started the masters. Not to be mean but Oxford and Harvard is impressive on a CV and that’s what counts, not the insta photos 🤷🏽‍♀️

If she wants instagram photos, she can just get a cake or something and dress up holding her diploma

I have a bit of sympathy (not much) as she didn’t get a graduation for her undergrad, but then she would’ve known that this likely to be the case when she started the masters. Not to be mean but Oxford and Harvard is impressive on a CV and that’s what counts, not the insta photos 🤷🏽‍♀️
Yeah like a graduation is still a rite of passage and, speaking from experience, it sucks to miss yours and feel like you didn't get that closure on any of your course.

Reactions: 1
It makes me so sad because I used to love her. I don't even know what she's studying now because she never talks about it?