Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

missmina

VIP Member
I swear this woman is so obsessed with wasting her best years she made herself live in denial. You don’t look 15 hon, you look your age

4696C17C-D120-4BFF-BC7B-2917532D1F98.jpeg

Reactions: 14

Rosie34567-2

VIP Member
Oof, I didn't even watch the whole vlog and I just scrolled through the vid, but wow. That was awkward. Even if you use the excuse of "oh he's just being sarcastic"...it's not funny, and it's pretty controlling and misogynistic. In my opinion, he seems emotionally abusive:

Gary: "What appointment"
Valeria: "It's personal"
Gary: *doesn't accept that answer and invites himself to her appointment* "Your body chemistry is my business"
--
Gary: *objectifies his wife in front of fake-doctor-man to metaphorically pee on his property* "She's the only influencer to not get a tattoo. Don't put a bumper sticker on a Bentley"
Fake Doctor Man: "That's a good thing" (totally being unprofessional on his female patient's aesthetic choices...no wonder he's a fake doctor).
--
Gary: *films Valeria getting changed just to show off his trophy wife*
--
Gary: "You can't have such a short skirt, it has to be appropriate" (In reference to a long-sleeved Minions costume)
Valeria: "All of the moms are wearing this..."
--
Gary: "Who are you calling?"
Valeria: *annoyed look*
--
Gary: "Are you happy to be home?"
Valeria: *grimaces* -__- "So happy"

Look, I don't like Valeria at all, so I'm not excusing her own shitty behavior (she has her own major issues, she's complicit in a lot of Gary's shadiness, and she seems disinterested in her own children). However, imo, I hope she divorces him.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 13

Rosie34567-2

VIP Member
It's so ironic how Gary likes to play the masculine macho man card, when he's really channeling his ✨divine feminine energy✨.

I'm not defending her at all (because she sucks too), BUT: His wife is the breadwinner, she's younger and better looking, she's the one that took charge and made it happen when they were struggling in Canada, etc. He doesn't even balance it out by helping with the kids or anything. Like wtf does he bring to the table? NOTHING.
---
I love how Gary tries to act like he has such a difficult job lol he needs to be serious with himself. All he does is send a few emails to try and secure brand deals why is he acting like he’s some mastermind businessman. Clown behaviour
And it's not even his business, it's his wife's business. 😂 It's like he woke up one day and had the audacity to inform her that he was now going to run it for her.

Last edited:
  • Haha

bblondon

Chatty Member
This seems like stuff most YouTubers get into though, light scamming and heavy consumption, not just her. I don't know. I just can't muster any outrage over her actions. And I don't know Gary's motivations back when he was dating so I can't speak to that.
If all other YT people do this too (debatable) this doesn’t lessen or erase those horrible actions so I’m not sure what point you’re making

She was in her early 20s and had just arrived in Canada, barely spoke english, came from a bit of a rough upbringing, didn't even know her father and Gary is 18 years older than her... I think naive and even vulnerable are correct.

I don't think it's a poor reflection on Gary so much as I do believe he wanted to take care of her and clearly does so
Urm a man many many years older seeking out and then settling down with a very young girl who is barely old enough to have lived much of an independent life after her teen years is problematic full stop and there are layers to this from misogyny, power that men assume over men, the age dynamic (which is incredibly important and overlooked and condoned far too much). To me, these actions are very questionable and give me a negative view of his character

• Heart

ELFILY

VIP Member
So glad this thread is getting more traction. I've been dying to talk more about Valeria! First and foremost, I follow her for fashion content. I think she has a good eye for clothes and styling, and actually wears colour unlike so many other influencers right now. I also like how she actually wears lower end stuff like Joe Fresh and feel like she's genuine and honest when it comes to sponsorships. That being said, I think the whole "Valeria Inc.", vlogging her kids, Garry being involved in everything, and 2 international moves during covid have soured my view of her personally. I found her in 2018 before she had Max and noticed a change in her content and demeanour once Garry started getting involved with Valeria inc that Fall. It went from a young mom sharing her fashion and health tips to a business, which I don't think is what Valeria really wanted, as this all seemed like more of a passion/ hobby. I really think the death of her passion for her content (despite gaining more subscribers) was when Gary took over. Speaking of Gary, I think he controls so much more than we know, even Valeria to an extent. This sounds unhinged but I low-key think that their marriage was unofficially arranged. I mean what 19 year old would marry a 40 year old? V's mother moved to Toronto and opened a banquet hall, where she would have been immersed in the Russian Jewish community. She probably heard about Gary wanting a wife/ being available and introduced them. I know V says they met at an event or something, but I don't think it was a natural meeting. Since V's mom was a single mom in Russia, and then in a not so great relationship in Israel, I think she primed V to find a man with money to take care of her so that she would not have the same fate. A bonus of course would be Canadian citizenship that could also sponsor the mom. Another thing to my point is that Gary was buying V Chanel bags on like their first dates, and then getting engaged after 2 months. He's not hot, and she also barely spoke English at that time. I truly think she was naive and her mom planned this. Also, she had her first son 9 months after the wedding, and the second a year later. While that may have just been a personal choice, it could fulfill the contract they have in place for this marriage. Idk, you can tell she loves him but isn't in love with him, and he treats her like a mentee or something. Also, they sold the condo so wonder if they are having financial issues.
Totally agree with all of this. Her content turned when Gary took over. I believe it was after the London trip. Loved it when she was in the little office with a few employees, they all seemed to get on so well.
I started to turn off when the a camera crew started following them around, like how weird is that. But when they started to ‘relocate’ during covid that made me unsubscribe, why do rich people think they can do what they want even in a global pandemic.

Reactions: 12

watchingsunrise

It made me laugh when he said V needed to get rid of her stereotypical gender roles in marriage, yet that was the whole reason he convinced V to not bother him with raising the children (aka: not feed or change their diapers) when they're infants because he says he will bring value later. Yes, yes, push your cash cow wife to be the breadwinner, so you can buy more luxury watches.

• Wow

citrine the great

It’s painfully obvious that Valeria was sold by her mother to Gary to groom. Her mannerisms are very childlike and she doesn’t seem well adjusted to the world. She was a teenager who bore the children of a man who in some cultures could be her father. The content is uncomfortable because there is an obvious power imbalance in their relationship. The only people who relate to her are other women who were groomed or wannabe influencers.

I think Valeria is very beautiful and has a lot of potential given how young she is. I hope she takes the time to rebrand herself and leave Gary while she still has a zest for life.

missmina

VIP Member
This seems like stuff most YouTubers get into though, light scamming and heavy consumption, not just her. I don't know. I just can't muster any outrage over her actions. And I don't know Gary's motivations back when he was dating so I can't speak to that.
Cool but it is a fact he set up multiple companies which scammed ppl and then claimed bankrupcy while living well off.

• Heart

watchingsunrise

I probably went 6+ months without watching her videos and I have been catching up lately. In one video, Gary was wearing Invisalign and working out more. He asks Valeria if she is worried about all the women he will attract with his new and improved look. She says no. If my husband was more focused on his looks all of a sudden, I would be concerned.....

• Haha

Lulu42

Any thoughts on her new 'apparel line'...? It's just what the world needed-- another boring, basic, low quality sweatsuit packaged in plastic. Well done Valeria.
Oh I haven’t even seen it, I tend to skip past her stories. I’ll check it out.

CC60C175-6639-476D-B9F8-85D1316D4E3A.png
667803E2-2DFA-45C4-98E2-2606CCCE3F30.png

It’s not certified organic but follows ethical and organic processes? How do we verify that other than to just take her word for it? Also pretty expensive for just a sweatsuit.

watchingsunrise

What exactly does Gary even bring to the relationship, anyways? (aside from the elephant in the room of the manifestation of her daddy issues)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't their main source of income currently all of VALERIA's ventures (her youtube, her instagram, etc.)? Gary is such a jealous, controlling and incompetent little baby that instead of creating his own thing, he's trying to take over her channels, and pretend like it's "our" channel. And has the audacity to act like he's the provider of the family and the big man in charge. :rolleyes:

So... he treats her like garbage, he's way too old for her, he is not the breadwinner, he doesn't help out with the kids, he is balding and chubby, etc...

Girl, RUN.
---

Bahahah just read this.

No amount of couples therapy will ever fix the fact that they fundamentally don't respect each other and don't like eachother. Point blank. Like once that's gone, there's no hope, and "working on it" is just a waste of time. She is also publicly acknowledging that he is holding her back (which is true lol).
In a recent review, he promised Valeria that even though he wants nothing to do with them in the infant stage, he will show his value when they're older. Barf. Yeah, and now Valeria makes all the money and he's just a whiny man with generic life wisdom to spew as she runs around with the kids and he's out shopping for Christian Dior t-shirts since Balenciaga can't be touched anymore.

• Sick
  • Wow
Hey guys, first time posting. I follow Valeria for 3-4years now, at first I really liked her, until a few months ago when someone commented on her Youtube channel, saying that she used to do many interesting videos, hacks, q&a's, talk videos, different kinds of videos, but now everything is vlog, vlog, vlog, what we bought, Gary, the children, some designer stuff. She is now just like any other "influencer", traveling, designer stuff, everything add and sponsored..

vio

Haha yeah, right?! They have absolutely no integrity. And it’s all such a fake show of wealth from their “entrepreneur” life when as I said above they’re living on debt 100% and free stuff from brands.
Agreed! Sure, there are people on youtube who use the platform to make a living. We all do something for work, after all. But to excuse Valeria and Gary's clearly questionable ethics by saying all YouTubers do it is just plain not true. There are a lot of honest, hardworking YouTubers out there that wouldn't sell their family and integrity for cash, but who still earn great money.

Getting up and moving like they did at every other Covid restriction (remember costa rica?), is just plain vile. People are dying and suffering and instead of doing your part and staying put, you just uproot your family and move? That must not be easy on the kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

ELFILY

VIP Member
Hands down every time I see Gary either on a vlog or her Instagram I cringe so hard
The last year or so he’s been trying way too hard to look younger. The designer hoodies and man bags 🤢 obviously getting a bit insecure about bagging a younger woman now. My partner and I are 10 years apart also so I’m worried he’s going to start doing the same when we get older 😂

Reactions: 11