Unpopular opinions #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think that hospitals still not allowing any visitors or patients to take a person with them for support are taking the piss at this point.

• Heart
Reactions: 84
They are if they feel they need to be seen? I've been seen several times this year.
My surgery are not, only the nurses are who are covered from head to toe in plastic with 2 masks. Still phone appointments, when they bother (we’ve had several occasions where they never called 🤬)

We’ve now gone private. Thankful for a good benefits package at work. Can’t even rely on my local NHS GP.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
They are if they feel they need to be seen? I've been seen several times this year.
As per with the NHS, its inconsistent. I havent seen my GP since before covid, whereas a family member has been seen several times. When the rest of the world is operating as normal, its laughable that there are some GPs refusing to see their patients.

Reactions: 19
Oddly some of the loveliest kids I've ever met have fkn appalling parents. I guess both nature and nurture can be overridden is the lesson here.
It’s true that having bloody awful parents doesn’t always necessarily produce awful kids, however as a rule of thumb I’ve found that twit Mum and twit Dad very often produces twit Junior Squared.

When there was a spate of burglaries on my patch you pretty much knew which families were likely involved, and more often than not that was due to TJS graduating into the .... family business.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
You should be made to take an aptitude test or something of a similar nature before being a parent. Way too many abusive parents out there.

Reactions: 46
People who will think my grey, minimal, modern style house is basic will be the people who will have wooden units full of books and clutter with red walls and stripy carpets 🤢

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
You should be made to take an aptitude test or something of a similar nature before being a parent. Way too many abusive parents out there.
Can’t really blame the kids either. Some really don’t stand a chance in hell. It’s probably blasphemy but sometimes kids are most certainly not better off with their natural parents.

Reactions: 17
Can’t really blame the kids either. Some really don’t stand a chance in hell. It’s probably blasphemy but sometimes kids are most certainly not better off with their natural parents.
agreed, cut off contact with my abusive narc father several years ago and my mental health, self-esteem is getting better to the level that it should have been growing up. Apparently I'm the awful one for cutting off contact and he's the victim.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I hate wooding flooring in a house, especially the living room. It makes a room look cold and it’s too shiny.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Parents who hate their kids playing with slime because "it makes a mess" are just too lazy to supervise the activity or teach their kids not to get it on the bloody carpet.
My kids aren't at the slim stuff yet, but I can sympathise. It's like with painting. You sit for 30 minutes while they're as good as gold. You turn your back for 5 sections to put the dinner on or go to the toilet, and suddenly your child, walls and carpet are now green.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I hate wooding flooring in a house, especially the living room. It makes a room look cold and it’s too shiny.
Makes it easier to clean up the playdoh/slime/kinetic sand/etc though 😂

I actually agree. We have no carpets downstairs. It was like that when we moved in, and we planned to change it, but it's just so damned practical. Once the sprog has grown up and we're dog-less I'll be straight down the carpet shop!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Parents who hate their kids playing with slime because "it makes a mess" are just too lazy to supervise the activity or teach their kids not to get it on the bloody carpet.
yes and what of it Bandit Heeler 😤

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Abusive and/or negligible 😢.

Minimalism decor is bland and boring
Especially when you don't include your personal touch. A minimalist room without the personal bit looks like yet another room from any decor magazine.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.