Unpopular opinions #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Without the monarchy the British wouldn’t be half as interesting

if you claim to support a football team, yet you have never been to a game, and you have no link to the city/town of the football team you "support" then you are just a glory hunting hole.

Extra twit marks go to all the Man united fans who hail from London, Devon, Sussex (you get the idea).
What if you were born in London and lived there all your life but your dad’s a manchunian

Reactions: 7
Some of the most ghastly children belong to some of the nicest people I know.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Without the monarchy the British wouldn’t be half as interesting

What if you were born in London and lived there all your life but your dad’s a manchunian
Well that goes under the link section of my comment. They have a link to the city in that case. But i still think they are arseholes. Cockney mancs are the absolute worst of all football fans.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Sweaty Betty is a brand for uncool Mumsnet types. Which reminds me: workout gear is not day to day wear. No matter how expensive or showy

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Birthday cards and presents just need to stop. I wouldn’t care about not getting anything for my own birthday if it was a universal rule. Keeping on top of the birthday card admin is the bane of my life, never mind presents. I realise I sound miserable but it’s just such a ball ache to remember everyone’s and then the hassle of going out and getting yada yada.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Some of the most ghastly children belong to some of the nicest people I know.
Oddly some of the loveliest kids I've ever met have fkn appalling parents. I guess both nature and nurture can be overridden is the lesson here.

Reactions: 16
Birthday cards and presents just need to stop. I wouldn’t care about not getting anything for my own birthday if it was a universal rule. Keeping on top of the birthday card admin is the bane of my life, never mind presents. I realise I sound miserable but it’s just such a ball ache to remember everyone’s and then the hassle of going out and getting yada yada.
Agree with this. The fact that it's a requirement is a pain, even if it's not the bloody law. You just know that some people will be offended if the only thing they receive is a hug and a 'Happy birthday'. I only enjoy gift shopping if I already have a certain thing in mind for a specific person, and it's not obligatory to wait for someone's birthday for that. (I declared to my friends and family that if they feel absolutely compelled to buy me anything, make it something edible/drinkable so we can all enjoy it together and it can be over and I won't have to figure out what to do with random stuff that don't necessarily fit into my life.)

Reactions: 8
I quite like The One Show. Even with Ronan Keating presenting. I loathe that morning show though with Rav Wilding and a host of another nonentities.

I never understood the appeal of Northern Soul.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
if you claim to support a football team, yet you have never been to a game, and you have no link to the city/town of the football team you "support" then you are just a glory hunting hole.

Extra twit marks go to all the Man united fans who hail from London, Devon, Sussex (you get the idea).
When my local team were doing well years ago, someone called me a glory supporter. Um, I was born here! It was Plymouth, so not an "amazing" team like Barcelona.

Reactions: 3
The Notebook is a bleeping awful film. Don’t see why so many people rave about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.