Unjaded Jade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, to add more about Dinara not self-isolating, as she is required to by law:

Screenshot_20200908-163913__01~2.jpg
Screenshot_20200908-163812__01~2.jpg
Screenshot_20200908-163822__01~2.jpg

On a separate note: I understand in America it's apparently normal to share rooms at university, but in the UK it's absolutely not. Minerva charge them extortionate accomodation fees, so why are they sharing rooms with at least two other people even when they're in the UK?

Screenshot_20200908-164518__01.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Yes, to add more about Dinara not self-isolating, as she is required to by law:

View attachment 236764View attachment 236767View attachment 236768

On a separate note: I understand in America it's apparently normal to share rooms at university, but in the UK it's absolutely not. Minerva charge them extortionate accomodation fees, so why are they sharing rooms with at least two other people even when they're in the UK?

View attachment 236772
Jesus, where does Minerva even find these hellhole accommodation blocks? There's no room for anything other than sleeping, you can't even study in there. Even in London where accommodation is so expensive and densely populated, 99% of students have their own room. You'd only end up in a shared room if you specified it on your application (e.g. to save money). I bet Minerva are raking in profit from their accommodation charges. From their website, "residential services" i.e. accommodation costs $11,000 a year. So that's roughly £700 a month, which is pretty standard for a student room in London - but this a room shared between three people! And that isn't even accounting for the fact that Minerva says the accommodation charge varies according to city, so you can bet they're charging way more than $11,000 a year for their students in London.

You could easily find a lovely house share in London for £700 a month where you get your own room (that you could fit a wardrobe and a desk in - wow!), yet these students are willingly paying in excess of that to live in a depressing box room with two other people. Maybe they could use their critical thinking skills to figure out that being charged $11,000+ to live in a hostel is perhaps not value for money. The phrase more money than sense comes to mind.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Jesus, where does Minerva even find these hellhole accommodation blocks? There's no room for anything other than sleeping, you can't even study in there. Even in London where accommodation is so expensive and densely populated, 99% of students have their own room. You'd only end up in a shared room if you specified it on your application (e.g. to save money). I bet Minerva are raking in profit from their accommodation charges. From their website, "residential services" i.e. accommodation costs $11,000 a year. So that's roughly £700 a month, which is pretty standard for a student room in London - but this a room shared between three people! And that isn't even accounting for the fact that Minerva says the accommodation charge varies according to city, so you can bet they're charging way more than $11,000 a year for their students in London.

You could easily find a lovely house share in London for £700 a month where you get your own room (that you could fit a wardrobe and a desk in - wow!), yet these students are willingly paying in excess of that to live in a depressing box room with two other people. Maybe they could use their critical thinking skills to figure out that being charged $11,000+ to live in a hostel is perhaps not value for money. The phrase more money than sense comes to mind.
I can’t even bear sharing a bed with my boyfriend, sharing one cramped room with two other students I potentially didn’t know is the stuff of my nightmares...

• Heart
Reactions: 16
If the online education is so good and wonderful and the content of courses is so special, why is there a need to travel? Surely if they (dinara and jade) think that the education itself is worth the money they could just stay home during a pandemic.
yeh exactly its clearly not rhe case at all, the pro is just travel, clearly the education is nothing special

Reactions: 3
can we get a dinara thread? She’s so insufferable girl deserves her own.
Also I can totally see why her and Jane get along, the two are cut from the same ditsy and superior cloth.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
yeh exactly its clearly not rhe case at all, the pro is just travel, clearly the education is nothing special
but if they don’t travel how will everyone know how quirky and special they are 😩

even if they were doing civic projects based in a city jade has proved they can be done remote as she wrapped up her SF one or they just miss that component for the year

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Jade seems so exhausting to be around in her newest video. "Look at the gReEn!!! WOAH everything's in GERMAN??!?! There's GRAFFITI everywhere but it's SO cool!!! ***balconies***!!!!"

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I sympathise with Jade (genuinely). She clearly loves travel and I get why some people 'need' it, it's very good for the soul ✨ But BuT BUT surely she could have just moved to London for the semester - pandemic much?

Jade seems so exhausting to be around in her newest video. "Look at the gReEn!!! WOAH everything's in GERMAN??!?! There's GRAFFITI everywhere but it's SO cool!!! ***balconies***!!!!"
She seems exhausting to be around, PERIOD. She's something else.

Reactions: 10

guys, guys, you don't understand it.... they are paying 700pounds a month for a shared bedroom...plus free condoms and tampons!!!!! those are OBVIOUSLY 700pounds worth
*sarcasm*

EDIT: if you create a thread for dinara, i'm in!

Attachments

Reactions: 4
Weird that Jade didn't say the word holocaust once in her new video? For someone who claims to care so much about the history of the countries she visits and human rights causes... "Jewish memorial" come on....

• Wow
Reactions: 9
If the online education is so good and wonderful and the content of courses is so special, why is there a need to travel? Surely if they (dinara and jade) think that the education itself is worth the money they could just stay home during a pandemic.
But how could Minervans show off how rich and instagram-perfect they are if they’re at home studying?

Reactions: 8
Nobody :
Absolutely nobody:
Jade: OH MY GOD Germany!!!!!!!! Trees!!!!!!! It's in German!!!!!!! Vegan!!!!! The vibeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 9
guys, guys, you don't understand it.... they are paying 700pounds a month for a shared bedroom...plus free condoms and tampons!!!!! those are OBVIOUSLY 700pounds worth
*sarcasm*

EDIT: if you create a thread for dinara, i'm in!
god if I didn't think Minerva was a scam before, this accommodation issue has convinced me it is! I cannot believe the price

But how could Minervans show off how rich and instagram-perfect they are if they’re at home studying?
exactly, without this it would just be OpenUniversity which isn't exactly "influencer worthy"

shocking to see german in Germany I imagine, it's as if she has never travelled abroad before, which of course she has? :LOL: this reminds me of Niomi Smarts shock that yoga existed in India :LOL:

Weird that Jade didn't say the word holocaust once in her new video? For someone who claims to care so much about the history of the countries she visits and human rights causes... "Jewish memorial" come on....
that is so odd.... is there some chance it would be demonetised and that is why she didn't? or...? it is so odd, also as everyone educated knows, that memorial is not just for the Jewish community, but ALL the victims of the Holocaust, disabled people, gypsies, gay and lesbian people, communists etc.... obviously Jewish people were the majority of victims, but there were so many more

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
She’s clearly really struggling with something the way she’s gone all in with the way she’s like green, trees, vegan, oh duck off jade, it’s normal to nervous etc, the way she was wearing her friends jacket... I suspect she’s kept it because she liked it, and it means her “friend” had to message her about it

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I had to stop watching Jade's vlog. The first shot of them in Berlin .. her brother wasn't wearing a mask. I live in South Korea (thank god Jade couldn't come here!), and I haven't left the house without a mask on since the end of January. Korea gets hot and humid - if I could wear a mask then, then you can wear one in 20 degree heat Germany. She should be educated enough to realise that the UK aren't doing so good right now ... and that you could have no symptoms .. and that wearing a mask is the least you could do (especially if you have just been on a plane where social distancing is literally impossible. And the thing is, when she comes to Korea ... 100% she will be wearing a mask everywhere and going on about how cool masks are and how cool Korea is (because in Korea it is normal to wear masks already because of pollution).

Reactions: 7
So... are her professors still based in the US? If so (and assume it is so), how do the time zones work for class schedules?

Reactions: 6
One weird thing about Minerva is they all seem so isolated from the world around them, crammed together into these accommodation blocks in whatever city they're in. It would be weird enough with how isolated they are from wherever they're studying, particularly since travel is such a massive part of Minerva's appeal, but then they're also kind of isolated from each other by having everything be online, and have them all as little blips on the screen rather than actual people you're sitting and talking with in a room. Even if they're in the same room to do the class, they're still isolated by being focussed on their own screens, headphones in, separate from each other. So weird.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.