Ukraine Russia War #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d love to visit Russia but never on my own, with a guide. I’d be good scared to do or say anything wrong!

I've been to russia and tbf I always felt safe, and found the real everyday people to be absolutely lovely and helpful where possible. Many would assist me if I was lost on the metro for example and they would always try and make conversation with me in broken English, which was nice. I have been to Ukraine too, and they were equally lovely and helpful. They both have the most amazing churches and history, and it's awful that it'll end badly for both, with Ukraine being bombed into destruction, and putin being Russia's destruction and making it a pariah.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Gosh, it’s not like we have intelligence agencies in these places who report on and assess these things, and military experts analysing them. Spies weren’t phased out in 1991 with the fall of the USSR...

Everyone in his circle is suicidal? Everyone who has to be in agreement to launch first? You do know it’s not a big red button saying ‘NUKE’, don’t you? He can’t just press and bombs away.
He’s not suicidal either. Again, don’t read the red tops. He made a bad miscalculation and now there isn’t an easy way off this depraved misadventure.

Reactions: 9
And you know all this…..how?

This is what I mean, we covered all this stuff earlier on but oh no, this poster doesn’t want to be ‘schooled by Tattle’ 🤔
I blame Dr Strangelove, to be honest. Peter Sellers riding that bomb to the ground.

I’ve learnt so much from some of the educated and well-informed posters here, it’s like the anti-facebook. People who know what they are talking about, and cite their sources.

I agree about all the health speculation, it’s been a very useful way to increase fear, as ‘he has nothing to fear’. Sez who?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
He’s not suicidal either. Again, don’t read the red tops. He made a bad miscalculation and now there isn’t an easy way off this depraved misadventure.
He totally swallowed his own propaganda/bullshit, that's the danger of surrounding yourself with yes men. No-one to tell you to cop yourself on!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I've been to russia and tbf I always felt safe, and found the real everyday people to be absolutely lovely and helpful where possible. Many would assist me if I was lost on the metro for example and they would always try and make conversation with me in broken English, which was nice. I have been to Ukraine too, and they were equally lovely and helpful. They both have the most amazing churches and history, and it's awful that it'll end badly for both, with Ukraine being bombed into destruction, and putin being Russia's destruction and making it a pariah.
Maybe stereotypical…but yes they were all nice to you because you weren’t speaking out again the country and the dictator that runs it.

Reactions: 5
Of course they aren’t suicidal. They are equally deluded and think Russia rules the world and that anything they do is justified in the name of Russia. He’s groomed and grown them to be his yes men. If he says trigger a nuclear bomb, they will do it. They know that if they don’t obey him they won’t live long anyway.
If you think Putin’s little circle of people is somehow any less crazy and deluded and power crazy than him and that they would say no to him you clearly haven’t been following along as they have let him rip into Ukraine, threaten the world with WW3 and nuclear weapons and lie to Russia about what is actually happening.

Reactions: 3
Of course they aren’t suicidal. They are equally deluded and think Russia rules the world and that anything they do is justified in the name of Russia. He’s groomed and grown them to be his yes men. If he says trigger a nuclear bomb, they will do it. They know that if they don’t obey him they won’t live long anyway.
If you think Putin’s little circle of people is somehow any less crazy and deluded and power crazy than him and that they would say no to him you clearly haven’t been following along as they have let him rip into Ukraine, threaten the world with WW3 and nuclear weapons and lie to Russia about what is actually happening.
But if they are power crazy they won't use nuclear bombs because they know they will be bombed to tit by the whole world. There won't be a Russia to rule over.

Reactions: 9
But if they are power crazy they won't use nuclear bombs because they know they will be bombed to tit by the whole world. There won't be a Russia to rule over.
You do understand that if he drops one of the more powerful bombs on say a place like the U.K., France, Poland, Germany etc, what that will do? It won’t matter what we do to him, because he’ll have devastated “his enemies” and that’s what his power trip is.

There are other rogue nations with nuclear capability. North Korea for one. Remember the last time they threatened the US? Trump’s reply of ‘will be met with fire and fury’. 10 minutes later he’s shaking hands with Kim Jong-Un. Now that was bizarre!

Reactions: 8
I just love the polish people!! 💖💖Are they giving the jets to the US to avoid directly giving them to Ukraine in case Putin retaliates against Poland? Heard UK intel saying Poland would be at a great risk if they directly give them fighter jets.
I think so, whether that will work is another thing. Would we accept it?

Reactions: 2
Exactly - Actions have consequences.
People have to be responsible for their own actions.
Russia will be crippled & very quickly & it'll go on and on.
It's a shame about it being hard on the Russian populace ( what about the Ukranians?) - but they are brainwashed into thinking everything's the Wests fault, anyway, so I've little sympathy for Russia the nation. Its a dictatorship.
Are you saying you’ve got little sympathy for Russian people because they are living in a dictatorship?

Last edited:
Might be a silly question but why are Poland not just giving Ukraine these Jets? Why are they having to give them to the USA who are then giving them to Ukraine?
Poland gives the planes to the US. The US sells them as scrap to a private defence company like Lockheed Martin. Lockheed Martin then sells them for 'scrap' in Ukraine.

Reactions: 14
Are you saying you’ve got little sympathy for Russian people because they are living in a dictatorship?
No, Russia " the nation" .
Its people are ruled by a dictatorship so with regards to its populace , and its support for their dictator, no.

Reactions: 6
I’d love to visit Russia but never on my own, with a guide. I’d be good scared to do or say anything wrong!
I was there in 2016. It’s a fascinating country and I really enjoyed my time there. Getting through the border was a bit daunting though. The guards checking the visas are a scary bunch 😳

Tbh i get this girls point

Yes its hard yes its horriable but even sending planes is risky all we can do is hope the nutter dont press the red button wont lie i am scared now because being nuked is my ultimate fear think i am going to have some time away have a good evening everyone :)
You've been following this thread for as long as I have, and I know your scared. I am too. You've been quite positive these last few days, come on hun. It will be ok, we've got to have faith. Lots of love .

Last edited:
  • Heart
Hope that is not true regardless of what i think they need these jets

They are all spotless, some he hasn't worn. I

You've been following this thread for as long as I have, and I know your scared. I am too. You've been quite positive these last few days, come on hun. It will be ok, we've got to have faith. Lots of love .
Thank you im alright now just think i need time to breathe and collect my thoughts

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 6
That was such a brilliant speech, and so clever. The comparison to the Nazis, the quoting of Shakespeare, the allusion to Churchill.

That was a statesman speaking.
One might guess that he had some help to write it? His speech today would be an effective way of 'warming up' a solid groundswell of UK public support for them to break cover and start to push the boundaries of what Putin will accept a bit more eh? I'd say the reception of that speech might provide them with some really strong foundations to move faster and harder....

Don't get me wrong; it's a good plan and I support it, but it does feel a little pre-planned and with a more strategic aim in mind.

I actually love how much work is going on the background with this; there's some quite clever thinking on some aspects. (some, not all!)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.