Ukraine Russia War #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"The West" is baiting Putin simply by existing. The only thing that would make him happy is if we all bowed down to him and became part of the great Soviet Union.
This post just conjured up an image of Putin in therapy lying on the recliner being asked ‘and is ‘The West’ in the room with us right now?’

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Maybe stereotypical…but yes they were all nice to you because you weren’t speaking out again the country and the dictator that runs it.
I did actually, to some people who I became friends with. They agreed, but were all under the age of 30....

Reactions: 4
Zelensky is the hero we have missed in the uk for a long time . I pray he keeps safe and they have a plan for him if all hell breaks loose in Kyiv .
And the US. Trump asked Zelensky to look into Biden and his son trying to get leverage during the last election but he refused. I don’t know much about Zelensky pre invasion but if this invasion has shown us anything it’s that he has morals, genuine compassion and concern for his country, and he won’t back down. Of course he’s asking for help but I have no doubt he’ll go it alone if need be until the end. He’s a rare breed in politics.

Reactions: 15
Not sure if this is true, but an easy way of explaining it
Thank you I'm sitting wondering how it works as the U.S are NATO aswell but this works. I'm sure putin will spit his dummy out anyways. I'm at the stage just now what will be will be 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
One might guess that he had some help to write it? His speech today would be an effective way of 'warming up' a solid groundswell of UK public support for them to break cover and start to push the boundaries of what Putin will accept a bit more eh? I'd say the reception of that speech might provide them with some really strong foundations to move faster and harder....

Don't get me wrong; it's a good plan and I support it, but it does feel a little pre-planned and with a more strategic aim in mind.

I actually love how much work is going on the background with this; there's some quite clever thinking on some aspects. (some, not all!)
I know, it was pitch perfect. Definitely manipulative, but he’s fighting with what he has, and who can blame him?

Couldn’t write a better speech to appeal to the tories. All he needed was a poster of Thatch in the background riding that tank and they’d be be putting a flak jacket on Gove and sending him over.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I know, it was pitch perfect. Definitely manipulative, but he’s fighting with what he has, and who can blame him?

Couldn’t write a better speech to appeal to the tories. All he needed was a poster of Thatch in the background riding that tank and they’d be be putting a flak jacket on Gove and sending him over.
Indeed. The irony of it is that I agree with their approach, but just irritates me that they think many won't see it for what it is! It's a canny PR move to allow it in parliament- they're laying some strong foundations for their more potential 'robust'moves, if they decide they're needed.

Reactions: 6
Thank you I'm sitting wondering how it works as the U.S are NATO aswell but this works. I'm sure putin will spit his dummy out anyways. I'm at the stage just now what will be will be 🤷‍♀️
This helped me understand it. I think they have covered their backs legally incase Putin goes off in a rage. But we all know what is is. Hope it works out but who knows anymore.

Attachments

Reactions: 10
No, Russia " the nation" .
Its people are ruled by a dictatorship so with regards to its populace , and its support for their dictator, no.
Isn’t the populace the people though? They don’t have much choice but to support a dictator when they’re living under a dictatorship do they?
I’m not really understanding what you mean.

Reactions: 3
Indeed. The irony of it is that I agree with their approach, but just irritates me that they think many won't see it for what it is! It's a canny PR move to allow it in parliament- they're laying some strong foundations for their more potential 'robust'moves, if they decide they're needed.
I’m a cynical wee rat and totally got what they were up to, but man, if my soft side didn’t melt. Boy played a blinder. All they needed was Land of Hope and Glory swelling in the background and the Mail would’ve combusted.

Yeah it would normally be Westminster Hall, wouldn’t it? Clever, cements the legitimacy of the mother of parliaments. This is why good PR is worth it’s weight in gold.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The US is probably realising they have put themselves in place they don’t want to be.
The media shouldn’t be reporting this stuff. It doesn’t help. To be honest the media and social media aren’t helping in any way. Saying one thing then it being denied, saying another then it being denied. Poland said days ago they weren’t giving planes to Ukraine, then it was “it’s happening” now the US are denying it. Everyone looks stupid and in the process we piss off Putin further. Great job.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
As I said on another thread or earlier on this one, the US supplied Ukraine with weapons in the months leading up to this conflict in readiness for it. They knew it was coming.
Did they?

Is there evidence if this? Not being confrontational, just haven't heard this before.

Reactions: 5
Did they?

Is there evidence if this? Not being confrontational, just haven't heard this before.
Not at all 🙂 I think I read it in the Washington Post - I sub to newspapers in other countries to get a broader view. I’ll see if I can find it.

Reactions: 6
Just heartbreaking 💔 some dead are not able to be collected due to shelling and lack of resources, poor woman crying they have no food no clothes, no electricity, no home 😢 Putin you are pure evil, may you rot in hell forever 😡
Screenshot_20220308_220041_com.google.android.youtube_edit_350597797388168.jpg
Screenshot_20220308_220104_com.google.android.youtube_edit_350616990666811.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.