Ukraine Russia War #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is slightly OT, but how do you deal with deniers on FB, particularly if they are friends you don't want to offend?

I've had someone share a screenshot of a Tweet, which was from a respected military expert, but was faked.

They told me that I needed to research what I was sharing (I share from news sources), sharing something about some journalist who died in Afghanistan and then Ukraine. I debunked it via Snopes and Reuters, but was told Google was corrupt.:unsure: I mean, how is a reputable news source less credible than a screenshot of a doctored tweet?

Those injured are crisis actors and Putin is after the biolabs, which is why the US wants WW3.

I've tried to be rational, but I'm struggling.

Sorry, I didn't see this before I posted my similar dilemma. Funnily enough this person is also a COVID denier, and would probably say my changed DNA from the vaccine has made me unable to see the truth of the 'new world order.'
I have posted before about my relative who is like this. Their latest twitter rantings are there will be nuclear war to hide the effects the vaccines had on people!
The best thing to do is disengage completely as they are so convinced of their "awakened" status you will never get through to them.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I need to get this off my chest. I have a FB ‘friend’ who I’ve only met in real life once, she is a very left Corbynista, though I’m not sure that’s relevant. Over the last few years or so she has gone gradually more loopy IMO, obsessed with Israel and Palestine to the point that she posts wild conspiracy theories. She thought Covid was over hyped and is a rabid anti masker, she used to take photos of people on the tube wearing masks without their consent and call them ‘sheep’. Anyway I digress, Since the conflict started she’s posted loads of ’what about Palestine‘ stuff, lots of pro Putin stuff and now yesterday a post about how all Eastern Europeans are ‘racist’. I’d challenge it but she has a large band of followers who pile on me like that.

I going to have unfriend her aren’t I?
Oh dear god yes!!!! Immediately!!

Reactions: 14
The PSNI running man video was extremely threatening until they started to move.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Total legend on BBC Breakfast just now. A Ukrainian singer being interviewed and she went ‘Putin duck you’ 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Why is this convoy moving so slowly? Resistence or? I think they're going to block them in, terrorise and starve them.

Reactions: 14
Why is this convoy moving so slowly? Resistence or? I think they're going to block them in, terrorise and starve them.
I heard resource issues i.e. running out of petrol for the tanks - which move slowly once you get them going. Could be russian resistance - its not like they wouldn't be doing their best to keep that out of the media.

Reactions: 13
Yes it seems like siege preparation.

The mood here in Bucharest is grim.

• Sad
Reactions: 21

Yel

Have sky news explained why they've stopped presenting the news from Kyiv today?

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I heard resource issues i.e. running out of petrol for the tanks - which move slowly once you get them going. Could be russian resistance - its not like they wouldn't be doing their best to keep that out of the media.
Heard something coming out of the Pentagon saying that.

Have sky news explained why they've stopped presenting the news from Kyiv today?
Nothing, just recycling old content. They're having a lot of issues in Moscow too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I need to get this off my chest. I have a FB ‘friend’ who I’ve only met in real life once, she is a very left Corbynista, though I’m not sure that’s relevant. Over the last few years or so she has gone gradually more loopy IMO, obsessed with Israel and Palestine to the point that she posts wild conspiracy theories. She thought Covid was over hyped and is a rabid anti masker, she used to take photos of people on the tube wearing masks without their consent and call them ‘sheep’. Anyway I digress, Since the conflict started she’s posted loads of ’what about Palestine‘ stuff, lots of pro Putin stuff and now yesterday a post about how all Eastern Europeans are ‘racist’. I’d challenge it but she has a large band of followers who pile on me like that.

I going to have unfriend her aren’t I?
If you need to be able to keep in touch, you could 'unfollow' then her posts won't appear in your feed . Change your posts so she can't see them too.

I have posted before about my relative who is like this. Their latest twitter rantings are there will be nuclear war to hide the effects the vaccines had on people!
The best thing to do is disengage completely as they are so convinced of their "awakened" status you will never get through to them.
Being ' awake' sounds exhausting. I feel a bit sorry for anyone who claims to be awake.

Reactions: 18
I’m no expert but I don’t think there is any way back to before he invaded Ukraine.

I mean, even if he said ok let’s forget this happened. Nobody is ever going to regard him as anything other than a loose cannon. Literally! It’s terrifying when someone so erratic is the leader of a county with so much power. In years gone by he was known for thinking carefully and not making emotive decisions. No longer…
He's definitely turned hasn't he? It's like a switch has flipped.

And say there is an all out nuclear war (which is highly unlikely) - is his family just going to remain in the bunker for next 20,000+ years until the radiation subsides? And that's only if the nuclear winter doesn't kill them first.

If that happens, I would rather be taken out with everyone else - stuff living in a nuclear holocaust.
That's exactly what I thought, who would want to live through that? It has to be the grimmest existence, I'd rather be out of it.

Reactions: 10
Do you think all this will change people’s voting habits in the future? Will people be as quick to settle for weak leadership after seeing President Zelensky lead with such example under the most horrific circumstances?
I hope to God that this happens. Look at the UK's choices in 2019 - a liar or an antisemitic crank. As a Jewish woman I was terrified of the latter getting in, but the former has done colossal damage. I hope we can have a Zelenskiy lead the UK - all this hate and division might actually come to an end.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.