Ukraine Russia War #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just such a waste of life. All to prop up one man's ego/beliefs. If he had anything about him, Putin would be fighting with his troops, not leaving them to die in a war that no one wanted.

I'm always so relieved when I wake up to see Ukraine has survived another night. Their strength is just incredible.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Yel

I was wondering that too. Hasn't been on all morning.
I'm guessing if they haven't been broadcasting in Kyiv all morning then it's not an editorial decision.

Maybe they can't say why without giving away details. There must be so much happening in mariupol and to the northern convoy that's being kept quiet as to not help Putin.

Reactions: 14
Fingers crossed the Ukrainians have had enough time to sort out droning the convoy. Really bad for the Russians still aren't getting basics right, their logistics are total tit. However, very sadly, old mad vlad will go to plan b, which is what he did in Grozny Chechnya, bomb it to dust. End of zelenskiy embarrassing him daily, once they've knocked out the internet (another thing that should be been first on the list) we'll hear far less from the brave Ukrainians. I hate thinking this is what will happen, but...

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I have posted before about my relative who is like this. Their latest twitter rantings are there will be nuclear war to hide the effects the vaccines had on people!
The best thing to do is disengage completely as they are so convinced of their "awakened" status you will never get through to them.
I wonder what the neurological mechanism is for arriving at that state, from 'I won't listen to experts but I will to some git on FaceBook' to 'they're going to vapourise 8 billion people to cover up the 5G NWO Bill Gates Bill Gates Soros Soros Lizard People'. Mind thoroughly boggled.
Of course, Russia's disinformation factories have had a lot to do with eroding Western stability and trust in democracy over the past few decades.

• Heart
I need to get this off my chest. I have a FB ‘friend’ who I’ve only met in real life once, she is a very left Corbynista, though I’m not sure that’s relevant. Over the last few years or so she has gone gradually more loopy IMO, obsessed with Israel and Palestine to the point that she posts wild conspiracy theories. She thought Covid was over hyped and is a rabid anti masker, she used to take photos of people on the tube wearing masks without their consent and call them ‘sheep’. Anyway I digress, Since the conflict started she’s posted loads of ’what about Palestine‘ stuff, lots of pro Putin stuff and now yesterday a post about how all Eastern Europeans are ‘racist’. I’d challenge it but she has a large band of followers who pile on me like that.

I going to have unfriend her aren’t I?
100% unfriend them. You'll feel better! And you're obviously not close friends if you've only met once in real life. Don't waste any more of your time on them.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I find the BBC news recycle their content in the afternoon/late night unless they cut to breaking news.

Elon Musk has supplied Starlink internet to Ukraine so maybe that will assist in broadcasting. Need to read more about this.

Was listening to the radio in the car yesterday and they said it is the first war that has been ‘live streamed’. Maybe a crude term but I guess it’s true that we can access information about it at anytime.

Sorry for the waffle - this thread feels a safe space to discuss current events.

Reactions: 14
The Sky News correspondent in Moscow just said that Russian TV is saying that it was a Ukrainian missile which struck the large administrative building in Kharkiv yesterday morning. 😂 She thinks they will try to spin the cemetery/TV tower one too.

Also mentioned that Russian bloggers have been give guidance on how to write their articles. No mentions of war or invasion, its a "special military operation". School teachers have been advised to go through Putin's speeches with the children.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
The fightings getting pretty heavy maybe they’ve had to go underground so can’t report if there’s a poor signal

• Sad
Reactions: 11
The Sky News correspondent in Moscow just said that Russian TV is saying that it was a Ukrainian missile which struck the large administrative building in Kharkiv yesterday morning. 😂 She thinks they will try to spin the cemetery/TV tower one too.

Also mentioned that Russian bloggers have been give guidance on how to write their articles. No mentions of war or invasion, its a "special military operation". School teachers have been advised to go through Putin's speeches with the children.
I think there’s an element of this which is very dangerous - the spreading of mis-information is already out there on the internet let alone the censorship of information in Russia about what is actually happening.

Yel

"Go get him"

It makes Truss's words seem very very mild. Not that the Kremlin was actually annoyed by them.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
My mother was “awake”. She was so toxic to be around and as I said previously I’ve had anxiety for years, she really fuelled that. The last time I saw her she had a baseball bat by her door for “when they come and forcefully vaccinate you”. She was a complete paranoid wreck, got a generator and all sorts of survival equipment. I dread to think what she’s doing now, thankfully I’m protected by a restraining order, but those types are people are so incredibly toxic to anyone’s rational mind.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I need to get this off my chest. I have a FB ‘friend’ who I’ve only met in real life once, she is a very left Corbynista, though I’m not sure that’s relevant. Over the last few years or so she has gone gradually more loopy IMO, obsessed with Israel and Palestine to the point that she posts wild conspiracy theories. She thought Covid was over hyped and is a rabid anti masker, she used to take photos of people on the tube wearing masks without their consent and call them ‘sheep’. Anyway I digress, Since the conflict started she’s posted loads of ’what about Palestine‘ stuff, lots of pro Putin stuff and now yesterday a post about how all Eastern Europeans are ‘racist’. I’d challenge it but she has a large band of followers who pile on me like that.

I've found that people who I previously liked and even respected before Covid hit, have turned into people I just don't really know let alone agree with. I can put up with political differences (by that I mean I just avoid the subject) and I've been doing that since I was 18 (I'm 43 now) and it has never caused a problem but the way people seem to have gone crackers since Covid has seen a lot of fractures appear in those friendships and it makes me very sad. A lady I worked with I really liked, we got on so well but then she started getting evangelical about not having her vaccine and not wearing masks, sharing misinformation and biased articles and I just couldn't do it anymore, I hid her on Facebook before I said something I would have really hurt her with. I haven't spoken to her in any capacity in about a year now although we wave if we drive past each other (small town!) and its really quite sad. Thankfully I've yet to see anyone pro-Putin in my friendship circle because that really wouldn't end well.

Reactions: 24
"Go get him"

It makes Truss's words seem very very mild. Not that the Kremlin was actually annoyed by them.

Maybe he fears Lizz Truss more than Biden 😂 he'd rather take a nuke than a woman in cheap earrings.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
"Go get him"

Oh ffs 🤣🤣 these leaders really think hes calling their bluff dont they with the nuclear tit have to laugh else your cry

Reactions: 10
Why is this convoy moving so slowly? Resistence or? I think they're going to block them in, terrorise and starve them.
I saw a photo somewhere with blown up what looks like tanks and armoured vehicles blocking a road as they must of been close together. Not sure if it's the same on other roads so may be the Russians are having to clear these vehicles.

Reactions: 8

Yel

Fingers crossed the Ukrainians have had enough time to sort out droning the convoy.
Apparently they've got Turkish (made I assume?) drones taking action on the convoy according to something I heard while half asleep on LBC. Maybe videos will appear in the future to help with the psychological warfare.

Reactions: 13
So the Russians want to take Enerhodar and we leave it to the local Urkainians to defend it? A nuclear plant?

Isn't this super dangerous? If there is another Chernobyl most of Europe will be affected by it.

It is so scary, it looks like the Russian soldiers are completely unmotivated but they still have to obey orders.

Reactions: 6

Ive seen the racist thing about Eastern European countries online too (and on tv). Now I'm not saying its not true, or that the way some people were treated at the borders isn't awful and shouldn't be happening. But that doesn't excuse what's happening to Ukraine, it doesn't make it OK to destroy a sovereign nation. And the people saying it don't seem to denounce Russias actions.

Plus, it's not like Putin, and Russia, are any better or some Liberal minded inclusive society.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.