Ukraine Russia War #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you. My guess would have been some sort of bunker. Maybe the mountains will calm his mind a bit 🥴

I would love to see the underground/bunker provisions he has. And the Americans. I bet they are insane.
All the more reason why his people will turn on him. Why do he and his family get to hide away in a bunker while everyone else fights his war? Not to mention how is his army will react when their families back home are starving because the Russian economy is collapsing.

And say there is an all out nuclear war (which is highly unlikely) - is his family just going to remain in the bunker for next 20,000+ years until the radiation subsides? And that's only if the nuclear winter doesn't kill them first.

If that happens, I would rather be taken out with everyone else - stuff living in a nuclear holocaust.

Reactions: 31
At the risk of sounding cheesy, I just want to say that this thread has been such a solid place for better understanding what is going on, and seeing your perspectives of this situation from different parts of the world. Everything is so bleak and I feel so incredibly helpless but it's been nice to at least be able to get a better grasp of what's happening, and I really appreciate some of you guys' ability to pepper in some jokes in a way that doesn't take away from the gravity of the situation, but that reminds us why humor is important in such dark times.
I feel like we are fortunate to have this thread and lovely group of people who come and post here, sharing news articles, personal opinions and gallows humour. It is such a bleak time in history but thank God for the internet and the companionship here.

Not bad for a little group of Tattle trolls 😘

"Morale is flagging"

'Acts of vandalism including puncturing vehicle gas tanks"

Oh well. Too bad, so sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I’ve not watched BBC news for a long time and stopped listening to Radio 4 when they got obsessed about Brexit. Times radio for me now

Belarus are playing up, they could do with a smack on the arse.
Re: Brexit, yes me too. Day in, day out wasn’t it? It spoiled it for me!

Reactions: 5
Is anyone watching Biden’s address? It’s very distracting having the VP and First Lady sat behind him.

Reactions: 6
I am saddened by the treatment of Africans trying to leave Ukraine. Most are being turned away from boarding trains or buses and are forced to walk to the borders. Priority is given to Ukrainians.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Just got BBC news 24 on now and the Ukrainian army have stated that airborne paratrooper assault on Kharkiv has occurred and they're attacking the military hospital 🙁
Screenshot_20220302_041242.jpg

Also Kherson has apparently been taken over and thats the largest city so far to fall to the Russians. Still waiting on a source for that though.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
The situation with the Africans is worrying. I have lived as an expat for 20 years (not in Ukraine but in Asia) and you are very much a second rate citizen. I don't think Ukraine would be alone in wanting to save their own people first. Rightly or wrongly. I don't think it is a race thing as such, more an us first. Which is sad of course.

I am not a fan of Biden at all. But I thought that was a strong and fair SOTU, he was well advised in his speech. I think having others on stage with him was meant as a show of strength.

"Go get 'im"

What a world to wake up in.

They have all truly stayed to defend Ukraine. Or returned to do so. Those people who have returned to Ukraine to help the defence. How many other countries have their citizens returning to the front like in the way we have seen tobdefend their homeland? I know having the 'support' of the rest of the world is probably helping them and spurring them on. But it is quite remarkable.

---

That huge convoy of Russian vehicles is still "miles" out, hasn't made any significant progress overnight. The pictures of the residential/hospital areas say it all. The maternity unit moved into a bomb shelter.

Zelenskyy looks so tired. Understandably so His comments about when he last saw his family.

This is such bravery. No one can say this is what the Russians will have expected.

This is the 7th day of defence. Being supplied with weapons by other countries is all well and good, the convoy appearing to have stalled is positive. But watching this and knowing outside countries are not stepping in - rightlyv or wrongly - is hard.

This is not a "de-nazi-fication.

Not at all.

I am sure we are being shown news media that fits an agenda but even so. It is brutal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
I am not a fan of Biden at all. But I thought that was a strong and fair SOTU, he was well advised in his speech. I think having others on stage with him was meant as a show of strength.
The Vice President and Speaker of the House are always seated behind the POTUS during the State of the Union.

pelosinancy_020519getty_0.jpg

160112_abc_sotu_iam_16x9_992.jpg

Reactions: 12
That's one heck of a diversion!! Coming from Puerto Rico to Moscow and because of the limits in allowed airspace that have to swing right round. I knew it was a thing but first time I've seen it so starkly. Pretty much only Air China planes and other Asian flights going across Russia and even planes from Turkey going into Moscow taking a huge swing around the area where there is fighting.

Screenshot_20220302_060940.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Nancy's clap at Trump still makes me laugh.

Not really. They're always (potentially) distracting.
There hasn't been many years when there is an active war zone such as this unfolding through the night as he speaks.

Regardless, I think the two of them gawping away was a distraction, and it seems you don't. Small fry compared to the other images (assuming they are accurate) we are seeing this morning. Nothing to be gained going back and forth about why was on stage with Biden, however normal it is.

Reactions: 6
There hasn't been many years when there is an active war zone such as this unfolding through the night as he speaks.

Regardless, I think the two of them gawping away was a distraction, and it seems you don't. Small fry compared to the other images (assuming they are accurate) we are seeing this morning. Nothing to be gained going back and forth about why was on stage with Biden, however normal it is.
I'm not sure I understand what the war has to do with it. The speaker invited POTUS to make his SOTU address, as is tradition, way ahead of anything that happened in the last week. And "gawping away" is an odd way to put it. Especially when yes, the pictures from years past illustrate that those seated behind do in fact react to the speech. In fact everyone is expected to react, hence the clapping and standing ovations, etc.

I'm not trying to go back and forth, though that's a great way to shut down a discussion. I was only trying to point out that you were ascribing a lot of motive to a situation that just wasn't there.

Reactions: 11
Im not sure I understand what the war has to do with it. The speaker invited POTUS to make his SOTU address, as is tradition, way ahead of anything that happened in the last week. And "gawping away" is an odd way to put it. Especially when yes, the pictures from years past illustrate that those seated behind do in fact react to the speech. In fact everyone is expected to react, hence the clapping and standing ovations, etc.

I'm not trying to go back and forth, though that's a great way to shut down a discussion. I was only trying to point out that you were ascribing a lot of motive to a situation that just wasn't there.
Biden is the boss, be can have whoever he wants on the stage with him regardless of what had gone on in the past. I am not a Biden fan but felt his speech was strong. I watched his address and found Pelosi especially incredibly distracting. Just my opinion. That is all.

Reactions: 4
Biden is the boss, be can have whoever he wants on the stage with him regardless of what had gone on in the past. I am not a Biden fan but felt his speech was strong. I watched his address and found Pelosi especially incredibly distracting. Just my opinion. That is all.
That is literally not how it works. It's fine if you think it's weird or distracting or whatever, lots of people agree. But those opinions do not change the way this particular ceremony and speech works. It's considered Congressional business and as such is codified and neither Biden nor any president before him could make adjustments to it.

Reactions: 19
My son too x
The fact that we're so literal can be a blessing, though. We don't have time for obfuscation or half-truths; it can make a nice change from politicians' weasel-waffle. I used to drive my poor mother madness with my why-ing, though...

I don’t think that exposing Moldovia on the map as a possible next target for invasion was accidental. I think Putin and Lukashenko are playing evil mind games.
Lukashenko has only been holding on to power by the skin of his teeth. The popularity of Tshikanouskaya and uprising last year put a serious dent in his self-esteem. He's been bludgeoning ordinary Belarussians ever since. I somehow doubt, very much, that anyone outside his Thug Boys would fight to save his loathsome skin.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.