Ukraine Russia War #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If the Ukrainians can keep the pressure on , with NATO equipment help , and the Russian populace are stymied with sanctions, cut off finance, a run on the rouble, etc Russia should implode , with any luck - and putin given the bums rush ( with a bullet)

Reactions: 19
I saw somewhere that a lot of the food that the Russian army have been given has been out of date since 2015 😬 I’m sure there’s a lot of frustration and anger right now. Their leader does not give two shits about them

edit to add it was on Maksim Chmerkovskiy’s insta

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I don’t watch or read BBC news for the simple fact that they’ve been dishonest and failed to report news about Palestine, Covid protests etc.
I know some people don't trust the BBC but I have so much respect and admiration for the journalists who are out there on the ground right now. Clive Myrie, Lyse Doucet, Orla Guerin are three names off the top of my head that I've seen. All of them putting themselves in genuine harms way to show what is happening. I think it is extremely courageous and we're lucky to have such people and after this is all over I think they deserve recognition.

Reactions: 29
I know some people don't trust the BBC but I have so much respect and admiration for the journalists who are out there on the ground right now. Clive Myrie, Lyse Doucet, Orla Guerin are three names off the top of my head that I've seen. All of them putting themselves in genuine harms way to show what is happening. I think it is extremely courageous and we're lucky to have such people and after this is all over I think they deserve recognition.
I’ve loved the BBC for years. A woman I went to school with is regularly on radio 4 now (Helen Lewis) and it has taught me so much. I miss Jenni Murray though.

Reactions: 8
Do we think he really cares about the sanctions?
If he stops all of this now, do they get lifted? What would happen?

Reactions: 7
I’m no expert but I don’t think there is any way back to before he invaded Ukraine.

I mean, even if he said ok let’s forget this happened. Nobody is ever going to regard him as anything other than a loose cannon. Literally! It’s terrifying when someone so erratic is the leader of a county with so much power. In years gone by he was known for thinking carefully and not making emotive decisions. No longer…

Reactions: 20
Well all of his friends rely on him for their money, and most of their businesses, money and luxuries are outside of Russia. So yes, even if it does not matter to him, his friends will get fed up soon.

Reactions: 29
I’ve not watched BBC news for a long time and stopped listening to Radio 4 when they got obsessed about Brexit. Times radio for me now

Belarus are playing up, they could do with a smack on the arse.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Stupid question maybe but do we know where Putin is at the moment? Is he at the Kremlin? Or elsewhere? Or in hiding?
Nobody can really say for sure but they *think* he is hiding out in a mountain den. They believe he has moved his family to Siberia to an underground bunker, in the Altaib Mountains and is somewhere nearby himself. But nobody truly knows, intentionally.

Reactions: 15
Nobody can really say for sure but they *think* he is hiding out in a mountain den. They believe he has moved his family to Siberia to an underground bunker, in the Altaib Mountains and is somewhere nearby himself. But nobody truly knows, intentionally.
Thank you. My guess would have been some sort of bunker. Maybe the mountains will calm his mind a bit 🥴

I would love to see the underground/bunker provisions he has. And the Americans. I bet they are insane.

Reactions: 16
At the risk of sounding cheesy, I just want to say that this thread has been such a solid place for better understanding what is going on, and seeing your perspectives of this situation from different parts of the world. Everything is so bleak and I feel so incredibly helpless but it's been nice to at least be able to get a better grasp of what's happening, and I really appreciate some of you guys' ability to pepper in some jokes in a way that doesn't take away from the gravity of the situation, but that reminds us why humor is important in such dark times.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Thank you. My guess would have been some sort of bunker. Maybe the mountains will calm his mind a bit 🥴

I would love to see the underground/bunker provisions he has. And the Americans. I bet they are insane.
It reminds me of Osama bin Laden and the battle of Tora Bora when America tried to capture bin Laden and he escaped.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.