Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Nosymum

VIP Member
I bought idoine just before people start panicking and the price goes sky high got 300 tablets for £7 off eBay . I don't know why as I'd rather die than live in a nuclear holocaust 🤣.
What would the iodine tablets be used for?

Reactions: 4

Onetwofour

VIP Member
I guess it's about the protests against covid measures/vaccines mandates or the attempt of truck convoys in Paris and Brussels. Which have been reported by MSM. 1-2 weeks ago there have been a protest against the remaining covid measures in the city where I live - but much smaller and insignificant than the one about the invasion of Ukraine last saturday. I can attest because they both happened in the city centre where I was on both days.

Last edited:

sega1985

Hmmm not sure what the immediate benefit might be 🤔. There is always the general benefit of being in a block, closer ties, borderless travel (helps refugees?), free trade… no obvious security benefits yet. As you say NATO is a separate entity…

Pure speculation, but Putin is demanding at the peace talks that Ukraine is neutral. Maybe Zelensky is getting ahead of that - it’s easier for Putin to put a stop to something before it ever happens than if the wheels are already in motion.
Perhaps it just bring them closer into the fold and nato accession would be more likely or quicker . And like you say freedom of movement and access to more non military help.

VC10

VIP Member
"Threads" was a play about a nuclear war shown on TV in the 80's, it really unnerved me.
Awful frightening drama film. Unnerved me for years. Don't watch it. The most frightening thing I've ever watched.

I'm not Putin

VIP Member
Did you see what the Director General of the Russian International Affairs Council said about Putins inner circle?

If The General is speaking the truth, then as much as it grieves me to say... Boris is completely right, and so are the rest of the west in their plan of not closing air space and keeping up with sanctions only
what did he say?

NicePeasNorma

“Former Labour Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott has mistakenly referred to Croatia instead of Ukraine on BBC Politics Live while discussing the Russian invasion. Ms Abbot began talking about Russian tanks rolling into Croatia before having to be corrected by the host.

Ms Abbott told Politics Live: "The Russian people and Russian politicians might wish in the end to have an associated settlement.

"I mean, one of the things that Putin has got wrong is he seemed to think that his tanks could roll into Croatia."

After being corrected, she continued: "Into Ukraine...and because a lot of the eastern provinces are Russian speaking, he wouldn't find it as hard as he has found it."

ffs 😡
WTF? I’m afraid that Diane’s 30 years late if she really thought of Croatia 🤣. (Yeah, I know it was a mistake, but what a mistake!)

Reactions: 3

redstraw16

VIP Member
Kvyat didn’t even need to cry about it, brings up a point though, I understand all the sanctions on Russia currently, are there many countries sanctioning Belarus?

anon0503

Thank you for those that have sent words of reassurance ❤

Another daft question from me, what are the chances of some sort of coalition in Ukraine? I’m just trying to think of the peace talks and what may be being discussed. Will a coalition be seen as a surrender essentially? Not like Putin is going to want to share is it…