Ukraine Russia War #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Messing them about
https://news.sky.com/story/europes-...-to-cut-nord-stream-1-capacity-again-12659050Europe's natural gas flow hit as Gazprom to cut Nord Stream 1 capacity againView attachment 1446212
The EU very disappointingly only just responding to the previous one.

Better late than never but the detail is hideously messy.

Reactions: 5
The EU very disappointingly only just responding to the previous one.

Better late than never but the detail is hideously messy.
It’s going to be a nightmare if this carries on for years ,they’re saying we haven’t seen anything yet in regards fuel poverty this will definitely be a winter of discontent.

• Sad
It’s going to be a nightmare if this carries on for years ,they’re saying we haven’t seen anything yet in regards fuel poverty this will definitely be a winter of discontent.
No problem I can chop up the house next door for firewood while the neighbours enjoy their new existence as biltong.
Their garden can then be used for potatoes, tomatoes and breeding crickets.
Properly planned, a guaranteed win-win.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Tbh I'd rather sit under 50 blankets than have the UK capulate to the Russians
same here, same.
honestly I'm so sick of people whining about the gas prices, inflation etc. situation in russia is way worse than in the EU. and yes, we may have a harsh year or two, but if this is a price for bringing down an evil empire and making sure it can never threaten any country again, this price is very small.

Reactions: 8
We will be fine. We are not going to War with the Russians, the British Isles are heavily protected with the World's best defences ( including Cyber) and we don't use Russian gas or oil. We have our own , and we export / import electricity and gas to Norway etc .
The eu will have big problems but they shouldn't have been supporting russian gas sales and been so reliant on them. This has been an ongoing issue for years now & they've done nothing about it.
As for the cost of living, that's always generally gone up & the World's had 2 1/2 years of Covid Pandemic to deal with as well.
We weren't decimated , millions didn't lose their jobs, we didn't starve to death with no electric or fresh running water & hospitals didn't close. Many essential staff & petrol station staff, shop workers and 101 other job positions continued and really went the extra mile throughout. We need to congratulate ourselves, really, imo.
We are fine. The same can't be said for other Nations around the World, including russia which is a dictatorship- and for all their apple phones & Nike trainers, etc are still told how to think and have to do as they are told otherwise they will be kicked to death in the streets, or ' disappeared'.
Bullies need to be taken down a peg or two- but the right way. Not a war. That's why we must support Ukraine ( who- have their faults, God knows - which Country doesn't? ) as they are trying their best to be democratic & need to align themselves towards Europe and the Eu. Then NATO can support them. NATO isn't a warmongering army force, but a peacekeeping/assistance force - and there's a big difference.

• Heart
Things like this will be addressed with the eu's legislation from Brussels - they need to join up ASAP, for the wider picture
Part of the reason, if not the main reason, this all seems to have been released is because disabled people seem to have been more or less forgotten in this conflict. The humanitarian aid being sent, I assume this includes money from the EU, is often not reaching those with disabilities:

The documentary might discuss the whole EU issue a bit more, and I could see it being connected to the whole fast-track discussion from a while ago (though if I remember right Ukraine has been denied that?), but I have no plans of watching it as I found the report last night far too upsetting

Also, I will say that it's interesting to see just how much the whole propaganda battle has got into the general public. I have seen a few replies suggesting that the BBC is playing some sort of Russian propaganda, and it was one of my initial thoughts also. A lot are just a variation of how we can't possibly discuss this when our own treatment of disabled people is bad which left a very poor taste in my mouth as it seems to suggest that those people are somehow not deserving of the very support that has been granted to the average Ukrainian

• Sad
Reactions: 4
We will be fine. We are not going to War with the Russians, the British Isles are heavily protected with the World's best defences ( including Cyber) and we don't use Russian gas or oil. We have our own , and we export / import electricity and gas to Norway etc .
The eu will have big problems but they shouldn't have been supporting russian gas sales and been so reliant on them. This has been an ongoing issue for years now & they've done nothing about it.
As for the cost of living, that's always generally gone up & the World's had 2 1/2 years of Covid Pandemic to deal with as well.
We weren't decimated , millions didn't lose their jobs, we didn't starve to death with no electric or fresh running water & hospitals didn't close. Many essential staff & petrol station staff, shop workers and 101 other job positions continued and really went the extra mile throughout. We need to congratulate ourselves, really, imo.
We are fine. The same can't be said for other Nations around the World, including russia which is a dictatorship- and for all their apple phones & Nike trainers, etc are still told how to think and have to do as they are told otherwise they will be kicked to death in the streets, or ' disappeared'.
Bullies need to be taken down a peg or two- but the right way. Not a war. That's why we must support Ukraine ( who- have their faults, God knows - which Country doesn't? ) as they are trying their best to be democratic & need to align themselves towards Europe and the Eu. Then NATO can support them. NATO isn't a warmongering army force, but a peacekeeping/assistance force - and there's a big difference.
UK prices about to change shortly

Reactions: 1
Some don’t have a belt to pull in ….
I am dreading this winter. Even with all the help and having a credit balance at the moment. I’ll have to have the heating on when my son is home as he has asthma but it will be minimal. I’ve been buying 15tog duvets, fleece throws and winter pjs in the sales during the heatwave.Read about possible power outages too. Obviously I’m aware things will be and are worse for Ukraine etc, but I still have to prepare and as you say I don’t have a belt to pull in.

• Heart
I am dreading this winter. Even with all the help and having a credit balance at the moment. I’ll have to have the heating on when my son is home as he has asthma but it will be minimal. I’ve been buying 15tog duvets, fleece throws and winter pjs in the sales during the heatwave.Read about possible power outages too. Obviously I’m aware things will be and are worse for Ukraine etc, but I still have to prepare and as you say I don’t have a belt to pull in.
Have you thought about getting an air purifier. I've heard that helps people with asthma

These Indian videos have started showing up in my feed. Interesting, but totally disagree and it seems worse than the Chinese state controlled media. India does stand to gain hugely from this after all. Vogue are hardly going to put a disfigured recently orphaned child on their cover.

Isn't this the kind of work the first lady should do? I doubt vlod wasted that much time on it, he's been doing media appearences the whole way through as everyone knows the information war is half of it.

• Sick
These Indian videos have started showing up in my feed. Interesting, but totally disagree and it seems worse than the Chinese state controlled media....
Wearing my diplomatic hat... "Gravitas give polished presentations of a range of innovative angles on current affairs perspectives" ...

But showing footage of destroyed cities while complaining about the country begging for help to defend against that destruction is a whole new level of tone-deafness that even I couldn't reach.

It is absolutely within the job of the leader (and partner one would hope willingly) to be visible and promote the interests of the country. This bit of PR will reach beyond the usual war news audience and the arguments behind some of the objections to it can be quite revealing.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Another country having their gas cut off due to not complying with a demand to pay in roubles after being designated as a non friendly country.

And everyone still blaming everyone else for the strike on what Russia has called a 'filtration camp' though on the basis of that disturbing euphemistic name and the description of some of the bodies seen it sounds (on balance of probability) a bit convenient that it may be difficult to determine what had been going on there.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.