Ukraine Russia Tensions - Crisis - War

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sitting here with a little boy i longed for, now I'm questioning should I ever have brought him into this horrible world? My heart breaks for Ukraine and everyone xx
Your boy might grow up to be a great and peaceful man. Bless you both.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Poland is readying hospital beds.
Ukraine has asked Turkey to close Russian access to Bosporus - awkward for Turkey as it's friendly to both Ukraine and Russia.
Zelensky has called for blood donations for wounded soldiers.
Numbers of wounded and dead keeps bouncing. Waiting for official confirmation.
The Times:
- there could be up to 5 million refugees
- strikes as far west as Ivano-Frankivsk, air raid sirens in Lviv

1645701607763.png

1645701439895.png

1645700884061.png

Attachments

Reactions: 10
Your boy might grow up to be a great and peaceful man. Bless you both.
Your comment made me get teary eyed, that's what I hope I bring him up as. A peaceful,kind and loving person, the world needs people like that more than ever. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I feel like I should switch off my phone for my own sanity but how can I live in ignorance when there's SO much destruction being caused? Hearing the air raid sirens had me in tears. I never thought I would have to hear them in my life time. The parallels of the Ukraine invasion and Hitler's actions before WW2 are terrifying. I'm scared and broken for everyone right now. 😔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
This exactly. Something has changed. I totally expected after the land grab the other day for things to quieten down.

His popularity in Russia apparently jumped from 40% to 80% after taking land in Crimea. Maybe he's got a few years left and wants to go out popular at home?
There was a war expert being interviewed on TV this morning. He said Putin wrote a lengthy essay last summer about how he does not recognise Ukraine as an independent country and he will invade. He's had troops on the Ukrainian boarder since last spring. The west knew about this and it's been widely reported. I assume if the west went in then to help Ukraine, it may have helped or made things worse. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Breaks my heart that their president is asking for blood donations.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Ugh I live in a small town on the south coast in England , queues at petrol stations already, seriously I hope if this expands they just nuke here and quickly because I can’t deal with these selfish A holes.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Anyone watching live? The lady asking the first question said Hitler instead of Putin on purpose. Good for her.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Sitting here with a little boy i longed for, now I'm questioning should I ever have brought him into this horrible world? My heart breaks for Ukraine and everyone xx
I think all of us with young children right now are feeling the same. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I was just reading a post on a group I'm on on Facebook. Somebody had asked for the Ukraine/Russia situation to be explained in simple terms as she wanted to understand it, fair enough.

The third comment I read "it's all just a distraction for the duck ups Boris Johnson has made in the last few years".

Yes, because Putin gives a duck about what Bojo has fucked up and to distract from that he's bombed Ukraine. Good logic, head.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Freudian slip by one of the journalists at NATO calling Putin ‘Hitler’ 😅
Seemed a tat rehearsed!

Is it just me who has never seen the NATO otan logo before?

"it's all just a distraction for the duck ups Boris Johnson has made in the last few years"
Please god I hope some people now finally stop with the reductive Johnson / Tory stuff 💩

Reactions: 11
For people who missed it:

Virtual summit with NATO leaders tomorrow.

Your comment made me get teary eyed, that's what I hope I bring him up as. A peaceful,kind and loving person, the world needs people like that more than ever. Xx
Your little one is a vital part of our future. We need good, kind, decent, courageous people to come. The fact you care for him so much shows he has every chance of being one of these brilliant folk. 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Ha, that's great. We need a bit of levity. I'm way over the other side of the world but have friends in the UK and Europe.
Unfortunately I doubt any country is going to be totally unaffected by this - if it escalates …………. Just doesn’t bare thinking about - ps duck Biden as well what a twit

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think all of us with young children right now are feeling the same. ❤
I was just thinking when I was a young child the only thing around was the Taliban comparatively it's very hard for children today COVID then this. 😔

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I honestly do believe we are entering a new era of global economies and civilisation. First Covid, now this impending war. Global markets are crashing, economic uncertainty, crypto-currencies, societal unrest... It’s all changing.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.