Ukraine Russia Tensions - Crisis - War

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Joe Biden has just said that all Americans should leave Ukraine now. Saying "things could go crazy quickly" apparently in a yet to air interview, which seems rather worrying.

The winter Olympics ends in 10 days and I keep hearing that China doesn't want anything big to happen that will take the attention of that while the games are still going.

Reactions: 5
I am burying my head in the sand about this situation. I just can’t deal with anymore bad news. The last few years, one thing after another. But, it is worrying. Putin is a frightening character.

Reactions: 21
I don't get why Russia are waiting. I thought their MO was to go in the cover of darkness and just take over. I remember seeing a documentary where Georgians used to wake up with different borders on a weekly basis.

I don't get why Russia are waiting. I thought their MO was to go in the cover of darkness and just take over. I remember seeing a documentary where Georgians used to wake up with different borders on a weekly basis.
I know nothing much about this all, but I believe they haven't got nearly enough troops for a full on invasion (200k needed), they don't want to annoy China and do it while the Olympics are on, they want to wait for something to use as false flag reason to start. And probably many other things.

It was kinda inevitable this situation would escalate as NATO expanded east.

Reactions: 2
Just had a BBC news update on my phone saying all British nationals have been told to leave Ukraine. Shit is getting real. Just as the end of the pandemic is in sight WW3 is about to start.

Reactions: 4
I'm getting quite nervous about this.
Just yesterday I was talking to people at work saying I don't think it'll come to war but I definitely can't say that with confidence now.

Reactions: 1
I can’t help but partly think this could be a distraction for something else, nobody else?
Taken some comfort from the fact that Biden said he would not send US troops but it’s a terrible situation, why now? Thought the word had evolved from the 40s

Reactions: 8
Like what?

I'm half Ukrainian, so I am quite worried about the situation. My thoughts are with the people of the Ukraine.

Reactions: 33
I feel a bit reassured now the mail front page has gone into full on scare mode. When do they ever get it right?

Reactions: 7
Like what?
I don’t think it actually is and obviously sounds silly but something that would seriously impact Earth? I don’t understand the timing and it does seem like we’ve gone from one terrible event to another for the past 5 years

The one thing I'm sure about is that humans never learn and keep making the same mistakes.

Reactions: 20
I am so confused by this whole thing - why are Russia threatening to invade a country that has nothing to do with them? The Soviet Union broke down 30 years ago.

Reactions: 4
I am so confused by this whole thing - why are Russia threatening to invade a country that has nothing to do with them? The Soviet Union broke down 30 years ago.
Seems like a power grab as Ukraine is becoming more pro-west.. and an attempt for Putin to get in the history books. This video sums up the post-soviet union tensions quite well:

I can't keep up with it all. First Ukraine say Russia threatens to invade, Britain send them arms, then Russia say they aren't invading, then Ukraine thank us for help, then they say they will protect themselves, then the west are being blamed for inflaming the situation, then for the last couple weeks USA and allies have been saying Russia could invade soon, then Ukraine have recently said that western media and nations need to avoid worsening the tensions. Ever feel like we are being duped?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.