UK Politics #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
do we think there will be a GE? :eek: there have been so many situations over the past couple of years where i thought one would be called but it hasn't happened. each crazy year that goes by becomes a fond memory comparatively, because of how batshit the present year feels. i wonder if labour would be ready to lead at this point?
Not sure how many conservative MPs will be wanting a GE when the likelihood will be they lose their seats.

Democracy my arse 😂

Reactions: 5
do we think there will be a GE? :eek: there have been so many situations over the past couple of years where i thought one would be called but it hasn't happened. each crazy year that goes by becomes a fond memory comparatively, because of how batshit the present year feels. i wonder if labour would be ready to lead at this point?
The Conservatives calling for a GE woud be like turkeys voting for christmas. They believe they have to get Truss out to save their own seats but how they do it is another matter. In hindsight the Tory MP's and the Tory members who had a vote may have been better off leaving Boris where he was. Am sure he is beavering away writing columns and making speeches and has already amassed more £ than he made being PM.

It is a strange world, a strange and dangerous Truss world. :confused: Politics is fascinating but this is unfathomable beyond.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm surprised he took the job tbh. I can only assume that he thought some sort of grown up needs to be Chancellor and if not him we'd end up with someone like JRM.
Perhaps he may think it will bring him front and centre, if he plays his cards right and Truss leaves he may be the man for the main job, which he has run for many times.

Reactions: 4
Perhaps he may think it will bring him front and centre, if he plays his cards right and Truss leaves he may be the man for the main job, which he has run for many times.
Can you imagine Hunt v Starmer at PMQ's ?? How dry would that be? 🤣

Then again, I'd take it over what's currently going on. Boring but competent seems like a dream.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I can’t believe he didn’t even stay long in the job to teach people how to pronounce his name correctly 🥴

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
I think I need to post Evil Liz again. A screenshot I took from PMQ:
Screenshot 2022-10-12 122048.jpg

Seriously she is mad! In the press conference, where she just walked off abruptly, Trump is the only person I have seen do that.
I was at my parent's, and we waited for at least an hour to hear her speak, we all had a good laugh about it.
She is properly NUTS and the wrong person for the job.
YUP I want a GE now!!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Come on......why would anyone want a bj from her.
I've also gone that low but come on.....

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow

I think I need to post Evil Liz again. A screenshot I took from PMQ:
View attachment 1650395
Seriously she is mad! In the press conference, where she just walked off abruptly, Trump is the only person I have seen do that.
I was at my parent's, and we waited for at least an hour to hear her speak, we all had a good laugh about it.
She is properly NUTS and the wrong person for the job.
YUP I want a GE now!!
Evil Edna

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The Conservatives calling for a GE woud be like turkeys voting for christmas. They believe they have to get Truss out to save their own seats but how they do it is another matter. In hindsight the Tory MP's and the Tory members who had a vote may have been better off leaving Boris where he was. Am sure he is beavering away writing columns and making speeches and has already amassed more £ than he made being PM.

It is a strange world, a strange and dangerous Truss world. :confused: Politics is fascinating but this is unfathomable beyond.
It’s almost like they aren’t the ones that put her there on the exact ticket they want to get rid of her for.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.