UK passports

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just wanted to give an update to my situation that I’d mentioned a couple of weeks back.

I called yesterday as the passport office told me to (two weeks before departure date). They told me they’d pass it over to the fast track dept who would call me within 48 hours. They called this morning, asked for proof of the holiday date. I asked if it’d then be fast tracked and reach me within 7 days to be told there were no guarantees 😳

Decided it was time to get our local MP involved. Had a response from his office within 15 minutes. They contacted the Home Office on my behalf, kept me updated and told me a couple of hours later that HMPO would be in touch.

About two hours after that, I received an email to say the application had been approved. 40 minutes later it’d been printed!

It should never have reached that stage. It’s been 20 weeks so far and obviously it is still to reach us but hopefully it WILL be here within a few days now!

To anyone else, keep pushing because I had no answers as to why this one took so long. There seemed to be no reason for it whatsoever apart from it being overlooked.
So pleased you finally got it sorted, even if it did take 20 weeks of waiting. Hopefully now it will arrive quickly and you will be able to have fantastic worry free holiday.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hello! I am currently in passport hell. Myself and my partner are suppose to go away two weeks today. We sent our passports away for renewal in June. Stupidly late but there you go! Mine was back with about ten days, we are now in the fast track shambles for my partner’s as his hasn’t arrived back 🙃 Did anyone have any success? Everything seems so vague and disorganised. I’m at the point where I’m about to try and sell the holiday on Facebook

Hello! I am currently in passport hell. Myself and my partner are suppose to go away two weeks today. We sent our passports away for renewal in June. Stupidly late but there you go! Mine was back with about ten days, we are now in the fast track shambles for my partner’s as his hasn’t arrived back 🙃 Did anyone have any success? Everything seems so vague and disorganised. I’m at the point where I’m about to try and sell the holiday on Facebook
Have you spoken to anyone at HMPO today? I have posted about it in this thread but I think it depends how long it’s been since you applied. Has it been over 10 weeks for you?

I went through passport hell. My best advice is to get your MP involved and if you can prove/fake a reason why you need it for ID purposes as well as a holiday they seem to take you a bit more seriously. I mentioned I’d need my passport for a new job when my temporary job ended and they tried to argue about providing proof but I said my temp job can end at anytime and I don’t want to be without ID and jobless. The MPs assistant was amazingly helpful.