UK Online Safety Bill

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The era of out of touch people in power that don't understand the internet continues.

I wonder if any of these people making rules genuinely think "removing harmful content" is clearly defined goal that they're just around the corner of sorting?

Reactions: 3
Ignoring the free speech issues for a second, the idea that the government would be able to successfully moderate anything is laughable.

Reactions: 2
Well they've been promising this for years. "Clean up the internet."

Like the internet is something that can be controlled in the same fashion as controlling TV when there was 3 channels.

Instagram has been shown to be the worst social media for children and their health. When's that getting banned🤨

Apparently this is happening 😳
Id definitely file that under misinformation. Unless there's anything to back it up.

I rarely log on to social media because it's so full of fake stuff that people share because they're addicted to the endorphin hits when something goes viral. And people believe stuff because they want it to be true, rather than engaging any critical thinking.

If it was blocked would give a generic message, not that rather specific one that'll bait people.

Id definitely file that under misinformation. Unless there's anything to back it up.

I rarely log on to social media because it's so full of fake stuff that people share because they're addicted to the endorphin hits when something goes viral. And people believe stuff because they want it to be true, rather than engaging any critical thinking.

If it was blocked would give a generic message, not that rather specific one that'll bait people.
I’m sceptical! Will be keeping an eye to see if there’s any more pops up, although the Irish gov are insane I wouldn’t put anything past them.

There's a thread here for Ireland and them rushing through poorly thought out laws. I haven't seen any major updates on it yet, I expect the loosely defined law will be pushed though soon. Govs all over the world are up to the same thing 😵

There's a thread here for Ireland and them rushing through poorly thought out laws. I haven't seen any major updates on it yet, I expect the loosely defined law will be pushed though soon. Govs all over the world are up to the same thing 😵

They’re rushing through the facial recognition tech. It’ll be known as EireChina soon 😂

Attachments

Apparently February is earmarked for implementation.

Reactions: 1
Sarah vine talking about the dark web and it's content showing murder and torture was to blame for a crime and how the internet needs to be cleaned up.

Of course the most extreme content like that shouldn't exist or be accessible. But it's an impossible mission. Sure you can fine Facebook or tiktok if they fail to act on content on their platforms that people manage to find and report. But that's the thin end of the wedge.

No one is turning a blind eye on this stuff. But what practically can you do? China has their own version of the internet, but that's not difficult to bypass.
Screenshot_20231222_082815_Brave.jpg

Nobody is everyone’s cup of tea, forcing people to the dark web because they disagree with something will only lead to bigger problems.

Unless she's actually accusing people of threatening her then I really can't see what law she's suggesting has been broken there.

(Didn’t know what thread to put this on )but saw this very odd case , what would they charge them with?

Why didn't she just take the headset off or CTRL-ALT-DEL or whatever?
That would’ve been the sensible thing to do! I’m intrigued to see what charges the virtual assailants will face.