UK Literary Luvvies #2 Vital reading

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Comment on dolly’s recent post 😂

On a serious note, it’s slightly sad that a bloke dismisses the book as chick lit simply because it’s written by a woman on a topic about the heart. That wouldn’t happen to a contemporary male writer :(

I won’t be buying the book, it’s not worth £10 or whatever to clog my shelf as I probs won’t read it again. I’ll take it out from the library tho 😆

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Im currently reading the book, its only alright... at best. Borrow it or get it on 99p deal on kindle when it shows up there, but not worth full price!

Reactions: 2

That pic of Dolly made me wonder - is she pregnant maybe?
All the comments on that are about Emily Atack and it’s Dolly’s launch haha

Nah I don’t think so, she’s not in a relationship afaik and she’d be more careful

Jesus, who on earth advised her to wear that for a book launch?! She really should just hire a stylist!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I quite like the red dress, it’s unusual but a beautiful colour. It’s the red socks at the other event that I don’t understand…

Reactions: 1
Remember guys, Elizabeth Day hates it when people are smug on social media….

cue endless eye rolls

also the hair is SO tragic. Like someone’s just chopped a ponytail off.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Arghhh I’ve been wondering why I hate my current haircut so much. I have ED hair 😱

someone please post dolly in the red socks.

like her book launch dress colour but don’t love the dress in the end. Too A level fashion show textile design.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Remember guys, Elizabeth Day hates it when people are smug on social media….

cue endless eye rolls

also the hair is SO tragic. Like someone’s just chopped a ponytail off.

Imagine scrolling through your iphone photos painstakingly to find pictures of you sipping champagne/coffee in the most beautiful and expensive places, and carefully couturing them so you choose the best ones, and then collating them onto instagram so the last one is of you laughing and it tells a nice little story. I actually am cringing at her.

She told everyone off for showing their kids off on social media because it makes her feel bad, but her constant posting about her expensive, luxurious, bohemian London life and lovely Kennington townhouse and millionaire husband and endless socialite lit chick pals make the rest of us feel bad. But she's ALLOWED to post that, dontcha know.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Arghhh I’ve been wondering why I hate my current haircut so much. I have ED hair 😱

someone please post dolly in the red socks.

like her book launch dress colour but don’t love the dress in the end. Too A level fashion show textile design.
I actually think this haircut looks very chic if it's styled! Hers always just looks a mess!

Reactions: 3
That husband is so unattractive. He looks asexual to me esp with that dyed bouffy hair and smug toothless smile.

IMG_7107.jpeg

• Sick
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.