UK General Election 2024 #2

Have you seen anything to make you change your vote yet?

• No I'm sticking with who I decided a week ago

Votes: 201 71.5%
  • Yes I've heard something that has made me change my mind

Votes: 21 7.5%
  • Farage entering the race today might change my vote

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • Still planning to spoil my vote

Votes: 19 6.8%
  • What General Election?

Votes: 5 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Deadline for candidate nominations is 4pm on Friday.

Today Nigel Farage announced he will stand in Clacton, he's also taking over from Tice as leader of Reform.

Reactions: 3
Even if we consider more centrist/moderate Tories, it's one hell of a political whiplash to go from Labour to Reform.

99% of people who are now going to vote Reform were never going to vote Labour.

Reactions: 15
I'm going to start a political party called Down With Boats N Scroungers N Bring Back Hanging. Will go down a storm I reckon.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Even if we consider more centrist/moderate Tories, it's one hell of a political whiplash to go from Labour to Reform.

99% of people who are now going to vote Reform were never going to vote Labour.
In London maybe. Not so sure about the rest of the UK.
---
I'm going to start a political party called Down With Boats N Scroungers N Bring Back Hanging. Will go down a storm I reckon.
Thank God they weren’t about when your Dad came over illegally 🤣

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
Thank you for the new thread!

Also, today Yougov released the results of the first MRP of 2024. https://yougov.co.uk/politics/artic...-shows-labour-on-track-to-beat-1997-landslide - as with all polls it is subject to change but still makes for worthwhile reading.

Going back to the last thread. The reason a lot of Labour's voters defected to the Tories in 2019 was due to their position on Brexit and the fact they HATED Corbyn. Reform could possibly gain some socially conservative Labour voters who voted Tory in 2019 but lets see.

31 days to go.

Reactions: 6
This does remind me of the two short lived UKIP spin-offs called An Independence From Europe and We Demand A Referendum Now 🤣

Reactions: 1
In London maybe. Not so sure about the rest of the UK.
---

Thank God they weren’t about when your Dad came over illegally 🤣
My Dad was a political prisoner under a dictatorship and was held and tortured for two years. When he got out of prison all his family and most of his friends had been killed except for his first wife and my half sister who were in the UK, and they had come to the UK because his first wife was an English teacher in their home country and therefore thought the UK would be a place she could find work and build a life for her child. He came to the UK to find them. His asylum claim was processed and he became a British citizen. And now he's been here for over 40 years, paying taxes, not *once* claiming benefits. He worked from the moment he got here - he was a journalist in his home country but because he couldn't speak English when he came here he ended up washing dishes in a restaurant. He learned English, he became a social worker.

You can have whatever political opinions you like but I assume something pretty awful must have happened to you considering your total lack of empathy and human compassion.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Someone's... triggered 🤪

The Hamas supporting BBC… do me a favour 🤣🤣
---
The reason a lot of Labour's voters defected to the Tories in 2019 was due to their position on Brexit and the fact they HATED Corbyn. Reform could possibly gain some socially conservative Labour voters who voted Tory in 2019 but lets see.

31 days to go.
This is why I find it strange that anyone could support a man that wanted to overturn Brexit and supported a second referendum all while supporting Corbyn (twice) for PM. Starmer cannot be trusted one little bit.

Last edited:
This is why I find it strange that anyone could support a man that wanted to overturn Brexit and supported a second referendum all while supporting Corbyn (twice) for PM. Starmer cannot be trusted one little bit.
I think its more about getting the Tories out. For a lot of people Starmer is the lesser of two evils.

Let's face it, can we really trust any of them?

Reactions: 6
I think its more about getting the Tories out. For a lot of people Starmer is the lesser of two evils.

Let's face it, can we really trust any of them?
and now they have another option which is why I believe some people who were going to vote for Labour may now switch their vote to Reform. Not that I think it will make much of a difference in the grand scheme of things.

Farage on the radio wanging on about "British values" again. Would love to know what they are.

Reactions: 15
and now they have another option which is why I believe some people who were going to vote for Labour may now switch their vote to Reform. Not that I think it will make much of a difference in the grand scheme of things.
I think some of the pre-2019 Labour vote in the Midlands will go to Reform, but probably not enough to make a difference in any seats except maybe Ashfield, which has its own reasons for being like that (mostly reasons named Jason Zadrozny).

Reactions: 1
I’m British and yep, happy to “wave the Palestinian flag” because I’m a humanitarian first and foremost - I actually care about humans, regardless of their skin colour 🙄 racism on this thread is staggering

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.