UEFA EURO 2021

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyway, congratulations to England from a Scot. It was a tense game, should be an interesting final. 👏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Now now peeps, settle down and let’s just enjoy the fact that England have made it to a final.
We are known for our booing, our tongue in cheek chants and our epic singing.

The laser pen though - ban the twit if they are found. That’s not what we are about.

And also, we are allowed to enjoy the footie AND drool over the hot players 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm struggling with the fact I still remember Euro 96 fairly vividly - sat outside the pub in my home town, singing 3 Lions as we started the semi final...and somehow that's TWENTY FIVE years ago :eek::eek::eek:

On the plus side at least we are at long last in an actual final. Being part Italian Sunday is a win win for me; whilst I'd love England to finally win something (55 years of hurt!) my prediction pre Euros was Italy to win.

Wish the final was afternoon time like the FA Cup not at bloody 8pm. Showing my age there!

Reactions: 5
We were there and I will jolly well boo Denmark if I want to. It is a football game not a garden party, and as Leeds fan if a little bit of booing is the worst we do then we're doing alright. If you are the opposition on the football pitch, it is war, I don't care who you are - scum, Wycombe Wanderers, Denmark or Yeovil Town for 90 minutes (or 120!) you are the enemy. I posted this elsewhere.....

Wow. What a freaking night. We're Leeds fans and until the last couple of years have had 16 years of misery and pain and heartbreak with a side dose of England screwing up on the side. Now last year Leeds get promoted and I am always club over country, so that was amazing. But of course covid meant no fans so we never got to celebrate. Being in Wembley last night is probably my favourite sporting moment ever. When Denmark went 1-0 up I had that awful "ugh, why I have brought the kids, this is going to be so typical...." moment and Middle Jelly looked like he was going to give himself a coronary and keel over. Then of course I had my dad with me and he was all "this is England, this is what we do" but my sweet little 8 year old who is the least interested in football says "Grandpa, it is not over yet" Of course there is an equaliser and it was absolute carnage, the tribalism and unity that football brings when 60k people are all on the same side is something you cannot replicate. Like Danny Baker once said "Football. bleeping football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half alive bastards" As the clock crept down towards full time and there is still no winning goal I was entirely convinced we are losing this on penalties and that Schmeichal will be the hero of the day. But there was that little bit more drama to come, I think it was a very soft penalty to give and if the ref hadn't given it there is no way VAR would have overruled and made it a penalty. But oh well! That collective intake of breath when Kane went to kick the ball, you could hear a pin drop, then the groan when Schmeichal saved it and then absolute pandemonium when Kane got to the rebound. Total chaos. Middle Jelly ended up 6 rows away from us and I have no idea how but I am so glad we were there. I am so glad my Dad and children got to experience that. It was brilliant. Just brilliant. We stayed in the ground for ages after while the players celebrated and you can tell just how much it meant to them all, like really meant to them. For this to be happening at 'home' where they can play in front of a packed stadium is just special. What a night. What utter joy. I have never seen so many grown men crying!

We have tickets for Sunday too. This is all perks of my husband's job. Poor sod is stuck overseas while we are having a fabulous time off of his back.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Now now peeps, settle down and let’s just enjoy the fact that England have made it to a final.

The laser pen though - ban the twit if they are found. That’s not what we are about.

And the England squad is one seriously attractive squad let's be honest.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I've been to tons of live football and there has never been boo-ing of the opposition every time they got the ball? In fact, rarely ever full on booing regardless of whats happening.
Wow. What teams do you go and watch?

I have had home and away season tickets for 23 years and cannot recall a single game when the opposition has not been booed for a significant portion of time. We're horrible!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9

AMEN!!

Reactions: 1
To clarify my original comment was in response to booing whenever Denmark had the ball. Not in the national anthem. Jesus Christ. Everybody wants something to argue about don’t they 😂 not like the majority of us all support the same team or anything.
The wider conversation did include national anthems. I didn't quote every post as I didn't think it was necessary. Plus similar to the other user, I am not arguing, I am just making a comment and giving an insight into how non-English people view the English fans.

I mentioned the booing of the national anthem when it happened before the first match as it was not something I'd ever heard the fans do before. Very unpleasant and I'm very ashamed it has continued through the tournament. Booing of the opposing players when they touch the ball though? Can't get worked up about that. Happens all the time and not just in England.

Reactions: 4
93762E44-8C40-4C4D-8D67-E0677F9AFA1E.png

Glad they’ll be taking action but not sure England is who it should be against given it was a fan who did it surely they should be able to locate the fan and take action with them. Hopefully won’t mean being kicked from the final or anything which people are calling for in the replies 😬

Booing when the opposition has the ball is just something that happens at a football match, idk what to say if you’ve been to loads of games and never seen it happen . Uncalled for during the national anthem but during the actual game fans can cheer and boo who ever they like.

I am really disappointed at the fan who thought it was a good idea to shine a laser in Schmeichel’s face during the penalty. Some fans sadly take things to the extreme and make us all look bad.

Reactions: 12
View attachment 653028
Glad they’ll be taking action but not sure England is who it should be against given it was a fan who did it surely they should be able to locate the fan and take action with them. Hopefully won’t mean being kicked from the final or anything which people are calling for in the replies 😬
With tech now, high definition cameras they should be able to scan the crowd and find the person who did this. And arrest him or her, same as they do with the morons who point them at the sky in the hope of bleeping up an aircraft by blinding the pilots. Laser pointers can blind people. It obviously didn't affect Schmeichel's ability to save, but it's a disgusting and criminal thing to do, way beyond bad sportsmanship. It's not England's fault this moron did it. but maybe that's the UEFA rules regarding tit fan behavior in general. It's often how they combat hooliganism, by punishing the club to persuade the idiot fan demographic that that kind of behavior ends up hurting their own side.

I find it funny when people get exercised about a bit of booing at English games, btw. It's tame compared to the stuff that goes on overseas, especially when you get to the parts of Europe where Ultras rules the matches. Anyway, I've heard booing/hissing when the enemy has the ball since I started watching international football on TV in the 70s.

View attachment 653028
It's always the club/team that get the punishment. Which is stupid because it isn't their fault.

It's always the club/team that get the punishment. Which is stupid because it isn't their fault.
I agree also I don’t feel a punishment to the club would put off the morons who do these sorts of things anyway so it doesn’t stop things happening in the future. You’d think they’d be able to pinpoint where the laser was coming from and therefore the culprit(s).

Rugby is a much nicer sport for this reason. No booing, rival fans mingling etc.

• Haha
Didn’t realise there was a euros thread Came on here for some decent football chat but it’s mainly just about the players looks 🤣😭🤦🏼‍♀️ I do realise this is mainly a female website (I’m a female) but think I’ll go back to the Instagrammers thread lol
That penalty Kane took was rubbish good job he had a second chance at the ball, and Sterling is soo quick on his feet. is that better for you?;) 🤭

• Haha
That penalty Kane took was rubbish good job he had a second chance at the ball, and Sterling is soo quick on his feet. is that better for you?;) 🤭

I watched the highlights back again this morning (a few times 😂😂😂) and it was an absolute shitter of a pen. Hadn’t realised how bad it was at the time 😳

• Haha
I watched the highlights back again this morning (a few times 😂😂😂) and it was an absolute shitter of a pen. Hadn’t realised how bad it was at the time 😳
I think we were all just watching through our fingers and then when it missed but then went in we all forgot how bad it was 😂😂.

I’ve been loving the videos of the players singing and celebrating with the fans. The video of Mount giving that girl his shirt and her reaction was so sweet!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.