Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

IrishMeeja

Chatty Member
Im a huge football fan and Id never support a rival, its like asking a Tottenham fan to support Arsenal in the FA Cup because 'we're both from London' absolutely ludicrous.
Absolutely. Rivalry is part or football and as long as it is not nasty, there's no issue. Liverpool fans are hardly cheering on Man United in Europe or vice versa.

Also, much like you I actually quite like this set of England players and really admire Southgate. But a Man United could also say they admire Klopp or Salah but still want to see them lose!

Lola123

VIP Member
Can they stop playing games on the 11th, we got out at the World Cup on this date and now we have lost the final of the euros! Like what the heck

Columbo

VIP Member
That's Chiellini's pull back. Jorginho probably could have got a red card, but those ones can go either way really. If he got a red card, others would say that viewing it in slow motion makes it appear worse. There were a few in the Premier League this season that are similar that went either way. He was going for the ball but his timing was a bit off. I think that he went for and got the ball is what saved him. But if it was red I wouldn't argue against it either.

The Chiellini foul happens 10 times every weekend. No idea what people are saying he is scum over something like that. It's a yellow card and the game carries on.
Oh sorry I’m getting names mixed up. Yeah look it happens, would there be the same level of discontent if an Italian player had been fouled in the same way or if England had gone on to win? Probably not. I still think Italy were the better team, I actually think England scoring so early on might’ve disadvantaged them to an extent, I felt like they lost their way a bit.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
My other half (god love him) raided the Lidl bakery on his way back home from work earlier without telling me. He just produced this array of snacks at HT. I’ve never loved him more.
Mine has just driven to the local garage on a crisps mercy mission for me.
(He is Irish and highly fed up with it all 😂)

malolo

VIP Member
Ive seen a lot of people use the word 'dirty' this tournament to describe game play from several teams, not just Italy and I have to be honest. I really havent seen it. 6 red cards the whole tournament isnt too bad.
They clearly missed out on Portugal v Netherlands in 2006 😂

IrishMeeja

Chatty Member
The guys who missed the penalties became heroes to Scotland footie fans who traditionally support Scotland and whoever is playing England.
Their post was a joking reference to earlier comments in this thread. There were some “interesting” exchanges of views after the final 😂