Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

IrishMeeja

Chatty Member
I'm not convinced that really works with social media, it give engagement and attention to the tiny minority who get promoted by the algorithm and gets pushed to a huge audience. It rewards them and encorages more.
Report and scroll works on an individual level. There's a much wider societal problem and that can only addressed at a societal level.

The social media companies also needed to be far more active than they are. Widespread reaction from the football world and preferably by governments, the EU etc can make a difference. People laughed at the social media boycott, but if every Premier League player and club went off it permanently that is a major loss to social media companies.

It's currently far too easy to racially abuse someone on social media. Ditto any other kind of abuse.

Regarding Chiellini's foul. It wasnt a red as per the actual rules of football, it would only have been a red had Saka being going at goal. It was a yellow.
Absolutely. Players in that England team and every other would and have made the same type of foul. Taking one for the team is normal.

Yel

Chatty Member
Paul Joseph Watson video so goes without saying it's got problematic undertones and elements (I'm not going to pre order Alex Jones brain supplements 😐). But I do think some good points are made. Especially if the stats are accurate and only a very small amount of the messages came from the UK and they've had wall to wall coverage. I do like that he takes pops at jack mate and Mike Graham 😆

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
Was watching footage from the England/Pakistan cricket game in Nottingham. England fans, dancing, drinking, having a jolly time in among the Pakistan fans, yet England football fans = drink, fight the opposition fans and cause bedlam. Doesn't make sense.