TV series that you bailed on

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Friends - wife loves it. I stuck with it for a couple of seasons and left the room thereafter.
All the Star Trek series after "Voyager", and even that show was a struggle in the last couple of seasons!
Great British Bake Off - first 8 seasons brill. But had had enough with Noel Fielding's lame mugging by S9
AbFab - enjoyed first 5 seasons, but the return of s6 after almost a 10 year break, felt desperate and samey

Reactions: 4
I'm still in there with Walking Dead, I'm stubborn!
Westworld I bailed on partway through series 2
True Blood - loved it at first although Sookie always annoyed me. Watched every single eason and episode until the final two episodes as it got really stupid and I couldn't care less any more.
Supernatural - again, good at first but it probably should have ended after about 3 seasons. Can't believe it's still going.

Reactions: 2
The Walking Dead - Managed to sit through to the end of season 7. It had bec9me so aimless with no end in sight. The same plots on rinse and repeat.

Supernatural - Loved the first 5 seasons. Think that's when the writers changed, though. Watched through season 6-8 out of habit. Endless angels & demons tit. Sam & Dean constantly getting possessed or dying and being brought back to life. Also, you can't get any bigger than God & the devil so there was nowhere to go after that.

Killing Eve - Watched till the end of season 2, no interest to continue. The character of Eve really started to annoy me carrying on like a lovesick idiot.

Once Upon a Time - Fab first season then lost the plot halfway through season 2. Another show on rinse and repeat. The same characters in the same dilemmas over and over again.

It's interesting people mentioning My Name is Earl. This would have been a perfect limited series as it had such a specific plot. Nowhere to go once they concluded the list.

Did any used to watch Without a Trace? The American missing persons drama? Really excellent for about three seasons then the writers thought it was a good idea to start focusing on the teams personal lives. Became pants.

Also, anyone remember the comedy/drama Boston Legal? William Shatner was a revelation in it. Started with really funny/absurd court cases then became unbearably preachy and just a soapbox for the writer's political views. Also, loads of random, unexplained character changes.

Reactions: 3
Girls started watching it when it first came out but the characters and Lena Dunham became so annoying on and off the show so I had to bow out.Think I got through the season 1

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Vampire Diaries - so dull

Teen wolf lol, terrible

the last kingdom - I managed a series but couldn’t get into it.

vikings, I think I watched about 5 seasons then it got so boring.

Lost when it was on tv but I'm rewatching it now on Disney star and enjoying it.
Modern family

I forgot about killing eve, I loved that at first but only watched a few eps of season 3 (I think?) and forgot to go back to it.

Reactions: 1
The Wire - watched first season years ago, husband and I decided it wasn't for us. Tried again a couple of years ago as we felt it was something we should like based on our favourite shows, but we made it to season 3 and gave up again. Just didn't get the appeal at all. We tried, we really did

OITNB - Watched 3 series but found Piper unbearable and didn't feel like watching any more of it

Handmaid's Tale - Watched the first 2 series and quite enjoyed it but don't feel compelled to watch any more

The Walking Dead - Watching first series but felt it was samey and lacked depth and wasn't bothered about seeing what happened next

Arrested Development - Started putting a few episodes on while we were having our dinner but soon got out of the habit and never picked it up again. I did quite like it but again, no strong desire to carry on

Westworld - Watched S1. Thought it was dull.

Initially.. Ozark. Watched the first ep a few years ago and we weren’t impressed so didn’t watch anymore. Tried again in lock down and binged it all in about a week or two, loved it!!

Most of the stuff on Netflix doesn't work for me. The money being blown on these series of shows which are generally bang average or worse is simply staggering.

Reactions: 7
I really enjoyed the first three series of Unforgotten, but I was unable to watch series 4 beyond episode one. The storyline featured the main character DCI Cassie Stewart, and her Father who is suffering from early signs of dementia. This is too close to reality for me, I work in a care home where some of the residents have dementia!

Reactions: 2
I haven't bailed yet as it's only two seasons so far, but I loved the first season of You on Netflix. Had me hooked. But halfway through the second and its not a patch on the first.

Breaking Bad. I gave up after three series years ago. My partner convinced me to give it another go during lockdown and I actually loved it but it still took me a little while to get into

Reactions: 5
Breaking Bad. I gave up after three series years ago. My partner convinced me to give it another go during lockdown and I actually loved it but it still took me a little while to get into
Breaking bad is a slow burner but it’s brilliant

Reactions: 16
i can’t even get through the first episode of Peaky Blinders, have tried three times.

I gave up on Ozark after 4 episodes, which many repeatedly tell me is a mistake. I didn’t stop watching because I didn’t like it, I just wasn’t gripped and like to have at least someone likeable in a show.
Completely agree on Ozark. I love Jason Bateman in almost everything he's in, but I just couldn't get on with this at all. I think I gave up in the second or third episode.

Others I've given up after a few episodes or a series:

You. First series great, but I thought they should have just left it there. I watched the first episode of Series 2 but that was all.

Killing Eve. I've watched the first couple of episodes 2 or 3 times but I just don't get it. Tried again and again but it's just not for me.

American Gods, which after series 1 just got too batshit for me to cope with!

There should also be a thread of what you've kept watching long after you should have given up...for me that's Riverdale. The current series has done a 7 year jump forward, and is becoming ever more ludicrous. I need to stop watching 🤣🤣🤣

The walking dead
The chilling adventures of Sabrina - that show just went to utter tit.
Supernatural - I just couldn’t keep up anymore .
The vampire diaries - I got bored after season 4 .

It would be easier to list the series that I’ve actually made it to the end of 😂 my attention span is terrible.

Bridgerton
Suits
How to get away with murder
The chilling adventures of sabrina
The bold type
The list goes on but they all ended up being so forgettable!