TV series that you bailed on

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Breaking bad.
Walking Dead but only after about 8 series.
Your Honor - could not deal with the suspense 😃

Reactions: 1
The Handmaids Tale - I just got fed up it and the bleakness.

Peaky Blinders -i tried to like this. I really wanted to but I just couldn’t get into it at all. Like someone else said something is missing. Or it’s just tit and people love it because of the hype I don’t know.

I don’t like American comedies in general. But everyone is saying how you have to watch Schitts Creek. I’ve seen bits and just know it’s not for me.

Downton Abbey - I didn’t watch it first time around but attempted to binge watch it. It was ok but I just never finished it and wouldn’t really have any desire to go back to it.

Reactions: 4
Killing Eve
Riverdale
The Originals
Orange is the new black (started sooo good I was do disappointed when I got bored of it)

There must be more so if I think of any I’ll come back!

If I get into something I usually stick to the bitter end even through the dodgy bits end (True Blood, Orange is the New Black, Dexter, Lost as examples)

However:

Breaking Bad - I was so desperate to watch it, watched the first series and wasn't fussed. Someone told me it takes till series 2 or 3 then you'll be hooked. duck that 😂

Game of Thrones - again didn't get past one series but I was late to the game and had about 57 series to watch so it felt more like a chore and I gave up.

Walking Dead - This wounds me as I stuck with it for sooooooo long but after Rick left I didn't care about anyone and found it was just the same every week. Gutted I invested so much time, should have stopped much earlier

Reactions: 9
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - Stopped after about 4 episodes into the second season, it felt completely ridiculous and I just couldn't be bothered any more

Mr Robot - I felt it was SO repetitive throughout, hung on to the last season then stopped about 4/5 episodes in because it was just boring me by that point

The Boys (may come back to it but it's been months so probably not 😂) - loved season 1, first couple of episodes of season 2 just didn't inspire me to carry on

Lie to Me - I wanted to love it because I usually like that kind of thing and I like Tim Roth but just so repetitive and I predicted most of the results of the cases

Orange is the New Black. Loved the first two seasons, my attention started to wane by the third, and I gave up at the fourth. 🤷🏻‍♀️

This is us - Kevin's pity party just became too much

Quantico - started well, but got very silly

Manifest - another one that started well, but lost the plot halfway through

Reactions: 2
Peaky Blinders - just couldn’t get into it.
Outlander - more sex scenes than anything, not what I care about in a TV series, and a bit cringe.
Killing Eve - the first series was fine but lost interest after that.
The Walking Dead - it got so boring and should’ve ended ages ago.

Agree on many of these... OITNB, Killing Eve, Peaky Blinders, Handmaids Tail.

Never got into Schitts Creek either - also gave up with The Good Place.

The Crown was patchy - I gave up with S3 but enjoyed S4 so did go back eventually.

also gave up with Cuckoo - was so gutted when Andy Samberg didn’t come back as the first series wasbrilliant- Ken on E is probably one of my fave comedy episodes ever 🤣

The Big Bang Theory - 🥱 and I’m ashamed to say KUWTKD: used to be an easy binge watch every so often but now it’s so far behind and the filters / lighting / camera work is so irritating 😠

Suits - so boring and repetitive at the end

Like many others... the walking dead!
I lost interest when they brought a tiger into it 😂

Reactions: 9
Who remembers Lost?! First two seasons were great, then it just got ridiculous and I gave up

Reactions: 15
Agree on many of these... OITNB, Killing Eve, Peaky Blinders, Handmaids Tail.

Never got into Schitts Creek either - also gave up with The Good Place.

The Crown was patchy - I gave up with S3 but enjoyed S4 so did go back eventually.

also gave up with Cuckoo - was so gutted when Andy Samberg didn’t come back as the first series wasbrilliant- Ken on E is probably one of my fave comedy episodes ever 🤣

The Big Bang Theory - 🥱 and I’m ashamed to say KUWTKD: used to be an easy binge watch every so often but now it’s so far behind and the filters / lighting / camera work is so irritating 😠

Suits - so boring and repetitive at the end
omg - yes! Everyone raves about TGP, I just couldn’t get into it at all. I feel like because it was taking a BlackMirror sort of concept but then really sanitising it down? It didn’t feel genuine to me for some reason, I kept thinking ‘ok when’s the show going to start?’

The Uk version of the Office, but I love the American one so much

I bailed on Downton Abbey after 1 series. I love period dramas but tbh I just didn't warm to any of the characters and that is really unlike me for period dramas.

Schitts Creek but I may give it another go.

24. Liked the first series but it felt like such an ordeal to watch so I just cba to watch more.

If I get into something I usually stick to the bitter end even through the dodgy bits end (True Blood, Orange is the New Black, Dexter, Lost as examples)

However:

Breaking Bad - I was so desperate to watch it, watched the first series and wasn't fussed. Someone told me it takes till series 2 or 3 then you'll be hooked. duck that 😂

Game of Thrones - again didn't get past one series but I was late to the game and had about 57 series to watch so it felt more like a chore and I gave up.

Walking Dead - This wounds me as I stuck with it for sooooooo long but after Rick left I didn't care about anyone and found it was just the same every week. Gutted I invested so much time, should have stopped much earlier
I agree about Game of Thrones, I completely missed the boat and it feels like far to much time commitment to catch up 🤣 from the clips I've seen it seems like a long slog to get through anyway.

Who remembers Lost?! First two seasons were great, then it just got ridiculous and I gave up
I for some reason really, really needed to know what happened at the end of Lost 😅 it was such a disappointing ending though that I wish I’d of given up so you didn’t miss much!

Schitts creek - everyone was raving about it, my husband loved it but I just couldn't get into it and gave up at season 2 🤷

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - Stopped after about 4 episodes into the second season, it felt completely ridiculous and I just couldn't be bothered any more

Mr Robot - I felt it was SO repetitive throughout, hung on to the last season then stopped about 4/5 episodes in because it was just boring me by that point

The Boys (may come back to it but it's been months so probably not 😂) - loved season 1, first couple of episodes of season 2 just didn't inspire me to carry on

Lie to Me - I wanted to love it because I usually like that kind of thing and I like Tim Roth but just so repetitive and I predicted most of the results of the cases
Yes! Lie to me here as well. I know a lot of long running series are a bit repetitive (eg House, lots of tests, think they have it, then he has a moment to solve the case) but the characters keep it interesting. In Lie to Me it never got that way, it was just predictable and crap!