Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Meg1912

VIP Member
I’ve just subbed! That channel looks perfect for me. I’m not that interested in the paranormal but true type stories I love. Thank you
Yaaaay, so glad to hear! [emoji16] Yes, you'll have lots to choose from! It might even help you fall asleep. His voice works like a charm for me! [emoji23][emoji42]

Enviado do meu SM-J330F através do Tapatalk

Reactions: 1

Blackbird

Devious Maids was so funny and well written.

Why Women Kill (the dramedy written by Marc Cherry [also did Desperate Housewives], not the crime show), is amaaaazing.

I loved Mistresses - both the UK and US versions; the US version was a copycat of the UK series but ran for longer so did more with the characters' storylines. It was great while it lasted, although the final episode wrapped up ridiculously fast.

I just finished the third series of ozark on Netflix m and damn, this show is so good and still way underrated. I can’t recommend it highly enough. Admittedly, series 2 was a disappointment but the first and third make it more than worth it.
If you were a breaking bad fan you have to watch it. I actually thought BB was slightly over rated. This is the best thing to come out of it’s legacy. So you don’t have to be into that show to like this because it’s better.
The acting is so great - Jason Bateman and Laura Linney are the big names, and brilliant, but the whole cast are so well chosen. Even the child actors are really good and not annoying. The twists and turns of the plot are cleverly written and really fun to get stuck into in these lockdown times. Do it !
Breaking bad fan I am. I am a writer and breaking bad is the perfect TV show so I will watch Ozark now.

Anyone watching married at first sight Australia? I’m just catching up on the first ep from yesterday. Can’t find a thread of its own and can’t make any yet :)
Just Watched episode one. The Production is so OTT with the music. Its so irritating the music..
They get straight in and you see a wedding in episode 1 with barely knowing anyone. It reminds me of The Bachelor how it comes across.
There's an attractive Rebekah Vardy lookalike Cheryl who is taller than her hubby and she has flats on.
Anyway its OK I will watch one more episode to test it.
But this first Marriage looks like it won't work at all. She is taller and he seems insecure about that...

Last edited:

LucaLemon

Race Across the World is an incredible show to binge. Second series started last week on BBC2.

Five groups have to race across the world without flying, on a budget and without a phone. Great show you if you love to travel!

For those who have already watched... Any similar shows?

karenjet

VIP Member
I was wrong about Safe. Didn’t see that coming.

I was thinking it would be a patient or relative. As a book I just read had a surgeon’s daughter that went missing and it turned out to be a patient whose niece’s operation had gone wrong

Mustard

VIP Member
The Bridge - crime series with collaboration between Danish and Swedish companies. Set in Malmo and Copenhagen. The female lead is 😍. Amazing telly.

Dicte - Danish series featuring a female journalist who covers crime. It’s set in Aarhus.

Last edited:

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Not exactly a recommendation but is anyone else watching Shipwrecked? Sadly I'm a bit addicted after I swore I wouldn't watch it after first episode as it was so different from 2000s series. Harry and Liv are just vile. Not even sure why Liv wasn't removed from the island after throwing a bottle of water over another islander.

hrh89

VIP Member
The Bridge - crime series with collaboration between Danish and Swedish companies. Set in Malmo and Copenhagen. The female lead is 😍. Amazing telly.

Dicte - Danish series featuring a female journalist who covers crime. It’s set in Aarhus.
The Bridge as in Bron/Broen?? Not the remake?? If so I love the original, Saga Noren is such a fantastic character.

Seeing as you like Danish crime/drama series, did you see Forbrydelsen (The Killing) and Borgan ?? You’ve probably seen them but wow they are brilliant. They write their female leads so fantastically.

Last edited:

karenjet

VIP Member
I don't know to much about him other than how normal he was supposed to be but I can see myself wanting to find out everything! I went through a phase of reading countless Jack The Ripper books and freaked myself out. You have probably watched this but The Staircase on Netflix is good.
Yeah I watched the first 8 episodes when they came out originally. It’s really good

Meg1912

VIP Member
I’m bored and can’t find anything on tv that’s holding my attention [emoji15]

Lately I’ve watched and enjoyed
The Handmaid’s Tale
Big Little Lies
Alias Grace
Sharp Objects

I’ve been trying This Is Us but I can’t get into it. Started You but got bored.

Has anybody found any good drama/thriller/documentary type programmes?
Yaaay, such an interesting topic! [emoji16][emoji16]
Ooohhh Alias Grace was soooooo good! Sarah Gadon is simply brilliant and so mesmerizing! Kind of like the same level of talent as Tarn! [emoji23][emoji23]
Some of my all time favourite series are:
The Missing
Bodyguard
Luther
Doctor Foster
Thirteen
Broadchurch
Penny Dreadful
The Americans
AHS Asylum (only season I watched, so soooo good!)
Some of these mentioned above were very very hyped and for ages I refused to give in, but then I slowly starting watching each one and learned a valuable lesson. Where there's hype, there's usually a pretty brilliant series! [emoji23]
As for This Is Us, again, I refused to join the ugly cry club so many people were talking about, but I absolutely love it. It took me a few eps to get into it, but if you stick to it, I'm sure you won't regret it. There are some incredible performances there, the writing is outstanding and you really learn valuable life lessons while watching it. I'm proud to say I'm now an ugly cry club member! [emoji23][emoji23]
Pretty sure I'm forgetting some series, but I'll add them when I remember!

Enviado do meu SM-J330F através do Tapatalk

karenjet

VIP Member
I don't think so, but you just reminded me of that film! I may have to rewatch it. It basically followers different members of a family and their families. Kind of like This Is Us but less dramatic/emotional and more feel-good.
That’s ringing a bell with me or I’ve watched something else like it. I can’t think of the name, modern family is all I can think of but it isn’t that.

I’ve not seen the film for years either but I bet I could still quote most of it!

Gillybean42

VIP Member
Save me - second season coming soon
Liar - think second season has just started
Cheat
Flesh and Blood
Deadwater Fell
Traces
The Stranger
White House Farm

Mustard

VIP Member
The Bridge as in Bron/Broen?? Not the remake?? If so I love the original, Saga Noren is such a fantastic character.

Seeing as you like Danish crime/drama series, did you see Forbrydelsen (The Killing) and Borgan ?? You’ve probably seen them but wow they are brilliant. They write their female leads so fantastically.
I didn’t know there was more than one. The one with Sofia Helin.

I haven’t seen the ones you recommended but will have a look. For reason I didn’t tune into The Killing. Didn’t it bring about the fashion for a certain type of jumper?