Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
True Detective (season 1)

Constructed as a nonlinear narrative, season one focuses on Louisiana State Policehomicide detectives Rustin "Rust" Cohle(McConaughey) and Martin "Marty" Hart (Harrelson), who investigated the murder of prostitute Dora Lange in 1995. Seventeen years later, they must revisit the investigation, along with several other unsolved crimes. During this time, Hart's infidelity threatens his marriage to Maggie (Monaghan), and Cohle struggles to cope with his troubled past.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Lars Guinard

VIP Member
True Detective (season 1)

Constructed as a nonlinear narrative, season one focuses on Louisiana State Policehomicide detectives Rustin "Rust" Cohle(McConaughey) and Martin "Marty" Hart (Harrelson), who investigated the murder of prostitute Dora Lange in 1995. Seventeen years later, they must revisit the investigation, along with several other unsolved crimes. During this time, Hart's infidelity threatens his marriage to Maggie (Monaghan), and Cohle struggles to cope with his troubled past.
I loved the first season but not the second one as much, I think Woody Harrelson was brilliant in it.

Reactions: 1

thenomad

VIP Member
Grace and Frankie: I also second this show. I finished the latest season last weekend when there was a snowstorm in my area. It's about two elderly women trying to navigate their lives after their husbands leave them for each other. I didn't think I would like it but its one of those lighthearted feel-good shows. Love the banter between Grace and Frankie. Brianna is everything.

Tidying up w/ Marie Kondo: This is good if you're in a organizing mood or feel the need to purge some stuff in your house. Though I would skip the first episode. That couple was incredibly annoying and grating with constant passive-aggressive "babe" nicknames for each other. It does pick up from there though.

Schitt's Creek: Yes, you're reading the title of the show correctly (like ?). I haven't finished season 4 yet but it's about a wealthy family losing all of their money and force to live out in the middle of nowhere and adapting to their new life. I feel like the seasons have gotten progressively better and Moira is a gem.

You: It's about a stalker finding his next ' true love' and the lengths he'll go to win her over. The episodes are one roller-coaster after another. If you want something that is dark and a thriller, you might enjoy watching this or at least by the end go "wow... wtf did I just watch" and "what is wrong with all of these people?!".

It's me

Iconic Member
Thank you. I’ll add that to my list ?

I’m halfway through Safe @Jimjam and sitting down to watch more now. I have a theory about what’s going on but will probably be completely wrong
Hate to say it...but you might be right! Depends how your mind works..previous experience and you have watched true crime where some are stranger than fiction!

karenjet

VIP Member
Hate to say it...but you might be right! Depends how your mind works..previous experience and you have watched true crime where some are stranger than fiction!
I think I’m wrong. Half way through episode 7. I think it’s because the plot is similar to a book I read recently.

Mayday

VIP Member
Parenthood
Brothers & Sisters
One Tree Hill
You (its on Netflix. Only one season so far but I binge watched it and got really into it!)
Grace & Frankie
One Day At A Time
Glow

karenjet

VIP Member
Parenthood
Brothers & Sisters
One Tree Hill
You (its on Netflix. Only one season so far but I binge watched it and got really into it!)
Grace & Frankie
One Day At A Time
Glow
Does Parenthood have anything to do with the film? That was one of my favourites as a child.

You should be like the perfect programme for me, I have a big fascination with stalkers, but I watched about 4 episodes and got bored. I must try it again.

I started ted bundy this morning. It’s really well done even if you think you know everything about him.

Thank you Mayday. I’ll add those ?

Mayday

VIP Member
Does Parenthood have anything to do with the film? That was one of my favourites as a child.

You should be like the perfect programme for me, I have a big fascination with stalkers, but I watched about 4 episodes and got bored. I must try it again.

I started ted bundy this morning. It’s really well done even if you think you know everything about him.

Thank you Mayday. I’ll add those ?
I don't think so, but you just reminded me of that film! I may have to rewatch it. It basically followers different members of a family and their families. Kind of like This Is Us but less dramatic/emotional and more feel-good.

Mumz2010

Oh so you never found out who killed Rosie? It was devastating, I actually cried. I can tell you, if you'd like! By pm, so I don't potencially ruin it for whoever might be interested in watching.

I'm an insomniac too. [emoji2962][emoji2957] So my fave ways to battle it are films, series and narrator channels on Youtube. There are some great ones which help me fall asleep! But it's heavy stories, paranormal, road trips, middle of nowhere, let's not meet, etc. My fave channel is Mortis Media, he's soooo good!

Enviado do meu SM-J330F através do Tapatalk
Finally I’ve found a fellow insomniac that listens to true scary stories 😊 people think I’m weird saying I listen to them to try and sleep.

Love Mortis Media and Lets Read, they are my two favourites. So get comfortable and let the darkness take control...

M

Member 177

It took me a while to get into This is Us but it was worth it.
Have you watched Safe on Netflix?

M

Member 177

I really liked it.
I had never heard of it. Is it good?!

Widowed surgeon Tom has struggled to raise his two daughters alone following his wife's death a year ago. Things seem to be on the right track for the family, who live in a gated community, because they have close friends nearby and Tom is in the early stages of a new relationship. But the situation takes a turn for the worse when Jenny, Tom's oldest daughter, goes missing along with her boyfriend. Tom enlists girlfriend Sophie, a police detective, to help locate the teens, but her new partner is working her own agenda. As the investigation intensifies, Tom unearths dark secrets about the people closest to him in his affluent neighborhood. The drama series was created by mystery novelist Harlan Coben.

I watched it twice, thinking how did I not realise that was going to happen. It was a really good watch.

M

Member 177

Looking forward to The Missing spin-off, Baptiste, which starts tonight.
Thanks for this. I enjoyed The Missing, didn't realise Baptists was a spin off.

Pajxo

Bodyguard ( about two years old ) it’s a series and it was AMAZING! Or the stranger .. recent and available on Netflix, equally gripping

karenjet

VIP Member
Oh so you never found out who killed Rosie? It was devastating, I actually cried. I can tell you, if you'd like! By pm, so I don't potencially ruin it for whoever might be interested in watching.

I'm an insomniac too. [emoji2962][emoji2957] So my fave ways to battle it are films, series and narrator channels on Youtube. There are some great ones which help me fall asleep! But it's heavy stories, paranormal, road trips, middle of nowhere, let's not meet, etc. My fave channel is Mortis Media, he's soooo good!

It’s so long since I watched it I can’t remember any of the characters!

I’ve never heard of that channel. I’ll have a look.

I listen to podcasts a lot during the night too