TV Ads You Hate

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Tinder ad, where Miss Lip Fillers moves to a new city and feels lonely, so goes out and shags a load of people. Surely there are better ways to make friends?
The 90s aesthetic really annoys me in this. There’s a sticker of Lara Croft in a phone booth and the VHS tape of a rave is ridiculous, when you consider the kids in the advert were probably born in 2005 and live like Love Island Influencer wannabes.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The Disrepair Lawyers.
This advert us absolutely terrible, worse than Verisure and Calgon in combo. It's badly acted and just NAFF. Awful 😖

Reactions: 3
The 90s aesthetic really annoys me in this. There’s a sticker of Lara Croft in a phone booth and the VHS tape of a rave is ridiculous, when you consider the kids in the advert were probably born in 2005 and live like Love Island Influencer wannabes.
Yes and she’s got her greasy hair in a scrunchie with the two little tendrils hanging down her face. Some 90s trends should stay in the past.

and Oh God! - Cadbury's have reprised that dreadful ad with the girl going into the sweetshop to announce "Iddd likka barra choklit............." then "paying" with various bits of old junk. 😬

If they're going to re-use old adverts like Fairy have can we please have the gorilla playing the drums instead? Ta!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
The Oxo advert "quiet night in" - with the kids saying Teachers sick. I wonder how old that is by now?

Edit : 2017 - so 7 years old. Time for a new ad Oxo!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Well,we have said on here about classic old ads,just noticed the daily fail has article regarding ads today which are wokery.

Article has clips of ads from years ago classic.😊

---
The Oxo advert "quiet night in" - with the kids saying Teachers sick. I wonder how old that is by now?

It’s like those awful begging ads to donate to the charity re water etc and the poor awful kiddies with face disability now those ads years old got to be as I remember it so well,Children all grown up now I reckon.I donate to few charities but they are not on Tv constantly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
and Oh God! - Cadbury's have reprised that dreadful ad with the girl going into the sweetshop to announce "Iddd likka barra choklit............." then "paying" with various bits of old junk. 😬
I don’t like that advert either. Mainly because it’s so obviously a scam that the little girl has pulled with her mum. Mum says to her “go into that shop, give it the old puppy dog eyes, say to the shopkeeper “it’s for my mum”, make out you don’t have any money but you’ve only got lots of crap in your pocket, and watch the shopkeeper fall for it hook, line and sinker, and give you a bar of chocolate”.

It’s not even a small bar the shopkeeper gives but the giant most expensive bar as well. The girl and her mum probably pull this scam in loads of shops

I think the reason they’ve brought this ad back is because it’s Cadbury’s 200th anniversary and if you notice, they’ve slightly re-edited it by adding retro elements to it

• Haha
Reactions: 17
In real life the kid would get arrested for begging and the mother for sending her in to scrounge choccy! Oh and they'd nick the shopkeeper for soliciting a child through chocolate.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I don’t like that advert either. Mainly because it’s so obviously a scam that the little girl has pulled with her mum. Mum says to her “go into that shop, give it the old puppy dog eyes, say to the shopkeeper “it’s for my mum”, make out you don’t have any money but you’ve only got lots of crap in your pocket, and watch the shopkeeper fall for it hook, line and sinker, and give you a bar of chocolate”.

It’s not even a small bar the shopkeeper gives but the giant most expensive bar as well. The girl and her mum probably pull this scam in loads of shops

I think the reason they’ve brought this ad back is because it’s Cadbury’s 200th anniversary and if you notice, they’ve slightly re-edited it by adding retro elements to it
I know 😂
In real life surely the mother would go into the shop to recompense him?
Its meant to be so appealing but horribly irritating in every way.

Instead could we please have a repeat of the Cadbury's 'Yes sir I can boogie'. That guy always made me feel a bit...... funny.

Screenshot_20240124_123239.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 12
That sodden switch service ad,with the bloke that’s got curtains hair style and shakes his effin head.😖pisses me off.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

That ad annoys me so much.

Why is the mum so dressed up to go to the cinema? She looks like an old lady going to a WI event.

Why did her friend not WhatsApp her to say she’s cancelling? Did the eldest daughter take a message on a LANDLINE in the year 2024?

Why did the class teacher not let the parents know about judo class before they took their little shits along?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
That ad annoys me so much.

Why is the mum so dressed up to go to the cinema? She looks like an old lady going to a WI event.

Why did her friend not WhatsApp her to say she’s cancelling? Did the eldest daughter take a message on a LANDLINE in the year 2024?

Why did the class teacher not let the parents know about judo class before they took their little shits along?
It wasn’t 2024, the ad is a few years old. The original poster said it’s from 2017 but yes you’re right why didn’t the mum’s friend WhatsApp or text her directly?

Everytime the boy does that imitation of the teacher being sick “teacher’s sick - bleurgh”, I want to strangle him with his judo gown belt

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Now for an advert I do like...

The Ding-dong-birdseye ones, just for the hot witch in the red. <drool>
I've got a magic wand which will coat her breasts with extra ingredients.
(Sorry, that's the best I can think of...)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
"Where did you get the money for this chocolate?"
"Did you steal it?"

Does anyone know if it was Blu Hydrangea in the old Garnier advert who said "that's a lot of makeup on that pad?" in an annoying tone.

Reactions: 1
Any ad featuring that annoying French song. You know the one. There's another company using it at the moment. I'm not sure which, as I switched over as soon as I heard the first few bars of "Ça plane pour moi"

Reactions: 2
Any ad featuring that annoying French song. You know the one. There's another company using it at the moment. I'm not sure which, as I switched over as soon as I heard the first few bars of "Ça plane pour moi"
My dog goes absolutely mental when that song starts! I don't think he's a Plastic Bertrand fan even though he's French lol

• Haha
Reactions: 4