TTC’ers!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Question girls if you can give advice, I’ve bought some ovulation tests to start this month if my periods finished yesterday when should I start using them?

I’ve been referred for an ultrasound in the next few weeks to check everything looks okay, before I had my implant out in November I was bleeding heavy everyday for 6 months, they found a cyst on my ovary on an ultrasound but couldn’t determine if it was just a menstrual one, I’m obviously a little concerned after bleeding so much for so long but my nurse sounded confident after my periods coming back regular over the last few months so fingers crossed.
Anyone else had issues after the implant?

Reactions: 1
I'm the same as you. Don't follow this topic all the time.
We've been trying since October 2019 and still no luck.
A friend of ours started trying around the same time and already has a baby now. We were supposed to meet up last weekend, but I just couldn't bring myself to going. Had my period two weeks ago, had recently taken another round of Letrozole (similar to clomid, I have PCOS) and was mentally in a dark place (still not really out of it).
I felt so bad for making my boyfriend go alone to meet up with her, but I really wasn't in a good place. It's important to take care of yourself.
Going to the gynaecologist tomorrow again to see if ovulation is on schedule. Been having sex daily since the beginning of this week. I think I'll ovulate end of this week/beginning next week. So going all out now for the coming (no pun intended) days.
Fingers crossed! 🤞

I honestly feel like I have a burn out of trying for a baby, if that makes sense. It's so draining... :(

Oh I feel ya. I didn’t go on a trip for my friends birthday in October 2019 because I was due to be ovulating and I didn’t want to miss the chance - both of the friends I was due to go with have had babies since then, and one of them didn’t even know her boyfriend at the time of the trip! Plus my best friend has just come off the pill and I’m convinced she’s going to fall straight away.

I feel like an awful person for feeling so jealous.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Oh I feel ya. I didn’t go on a trip for my friends birthday in October 2019 because I was due to be ovulating and I didn’t want to miss the chance - both of the friends I was due to go with have had babies since then, and one of them didn’t even know her boyfriend at the time of the trip! Plus my best friend has just come off the pill and I’m convinced she’s going to fall straight away.

I feel like an awful person for feeling so jealous.
Ugh, that f*cking sucks :(
Hang in there... ❤

You're not awful for feeling jealous at all.
It really is hard seeing how some people seem to conceive like it's no big deal.

Reactions: 3
Has anyone used one step ovulation tests from Amazon (£4.99 ones)?. I switched to them this month as I was using the clearbblue digital and it was getting too expensive.
I’m in the expected fertile window but have had a negative test everyday. I expected to see a faint line but there’s nothing? I’m testing twice a day. Normally I would have a smiley face on the clear blue now. I get ovulation pain in my side which I’m experiencing today so I know I am about to hit peak ovulation.
Im guessing the cheaper ones aren’t as sensitive?

Has anyone used one step ovulation tests from Amazon (£4.99 ones)?. I switched to them this month as I was using the clearbblue digital and it was getting too expensive.
I’m in the expected fertile window but have had a negative test everyday. I expected to see a faint line but there’s nothing? I’m testing twice a day. Normally I would have a smiley face on the clear blue now. I get ovulation pain in my side which I’m experiencing today so I know I am about to hit peak ovulation.
I've been using Premom. I paid £25 and it has 100 ovulation tests and 20 pregnancy tests. I was convinced I wasn't going to see a surge in them as my levels were showing low leading up to my predicted ovulation date, but then I had 2 days of much darker lines on the predicted ovulation date. I'm convinced I ovulated too because I woke up in the middle of the night with really sharp pains just on my right hand side - a sensation I've never had before. I'd been on the pill for 15 years x

I’m out this month, my temps dropped and I’ve got cramps! Af predicted Sunday so right on time 👎🏼 Boo!

I’ve used one step but from eBay. I had 1 dark line and then they went back to faint but it correlated with my temps too.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
I used them and thought they were crap. Id get no line and a positive with clear blue. Clear blue are v expensive but reliable.

I used them and thought they were crap. Id get no line and a positive with clear blue. Clear blue are v expensive but reliable.
Yeh starting to think buy cheap buy twice with these 😅. I’m also too impatient to wait 10 mins for the result. Back to clear blue next time I think!

Yeh starting to think buy cheap buy twice with these 😅. I’m also too impatient to wait 10 mins for the result. Back to clear blue next time I think
I’m out this month, my temps dropped and I’ve got cramps! Af predicted Sunday so right on time 👎🏼 Boo!

I’ve used one step but from eBay. I had 1 dark line and then they went back to faint but it correlated with my temps too.
Ooh I’m sorry treat yourself to something nice this weekend. Fingers crossed for next cycle for you 🤞🏻

Yeh starting to think buy cheap buy twice with these 😅. I’m also too impatient to wait 10 mins for the result. Back to clear blue next time I think!

Yeh starting to think buy cheap buy twice with these 😅. I’m also too impatient to wait 10 mins for the result. Back to clear blue next time I think

Ooh I’m sorry treat yourself to something nice this weekend. Fingers crossed for next cycle for you 🤞🏻
Wishful thinking really! My luteal phase was only 10 days which isn’t long enough neither 👎🏼 I was hopeful everything would be ok but obviously not! I hate pcos 🙄

Feeling very stressed out today.

Had positive OPK’s Monday and Tuesday (first time using them) then back to negative Wednesday...woke up Thursday to light bleeding that’s still going on today.

Wishful thinking really! My luteal phase was only 10 days which isn’t long enough neither 👎🏼 I was hopeful everything would be ok but obviously not! I hate pcos 🙄
I don’t know your personal circumstances obv but just to reassure 10 days is considered ok for luteal phase! It’s 9 or less that is a concern as far as I am aware xx

• Heart
I don’t know your personal circumstances obv but just to reassure 10 days is considered ok for luteal phase! It’s 9 or less that is a concern as far as I am aware xx
Oh that’s good to know! Fingers crossed! I’ve got all sorts wrong 🤣 xx

Feeling very stressed out today.

Had positive OPK’s Monday and Tuesday (first time using them) then back to negative Wednesday...woke up Thursday to light bleeding that’s still going on today.
I can’t offer any advice as haven’t experienced this but sorry you are feeling stressed. I would suggest keeping a log of symptoms and speak to GP if it continues x

I can’t offer any advice as haven’t experienced this but sorry you are feeling stressed. I would suggest keeping a log of symptoms and speak to GP if it continues x
that’s my plan! I’ve logged everything on my app to help me remember. It’s incredibly light now so hoping it stops today. It if continues/recurs next month I’ll give GP a call.

I’m 8 weeks off BC and wondering (hoping) my cycles are maybe but a bit funnier than I thought

that’s my plan! I’ve logged everything on my app to help me remember. It’s incredibly light now so hoping it stops today. It if continues/recurs next month I’ll give GP a call.

I’m 8 weeks off BC and wondering (hoping) my cycles are maybe but a bit funnier than I thought
I took me a good 6/7 weeks to get back into a regular cycle after stopping the pill. I had random spotting throughout because I stupidly didn’t finish my last pill pack I just stopped halfway (wouldn’t recommend). Hope you feel better soon x

Hey hun. We did. It took 2 years for us to fall pregnant with our first! It’s so hard watching others around you. Girls who were still teenagers having babies while it wasn’t happening for us broke me! Sending lots of baby dust for you xx
Thankyou. That gives me hope. I know it's not long compared to some but when people are falling pregnant easily around me, straight away, it makes me feel like something is wrong, I can't help it. Hopefully it will just happen for me too X
I'm the same as you. Don't follow this topic all the time.
We've been trying since October 2019 and still no luck.
A friend of ours started trying around the same time and already has a baby now. We were supposed to meet up last weekend, but I just couldn't bring myself to going. Had my period two weeks ago, had recently taken another round of Letrozole (similar to clomid, I have PCOS) and was mentally in a dark place (still not really out of it).
I felt so bad for making my boyfriend go alone to meet up with her, but I really wasn't in a good place. It's important to take care of yourself.
Going to the gynaecologist tomorrow again to see if ovulation is on schedule. Been having sex daily since the beginning of this week. I think I'll ovulate end of this week/beginning next week. So going all out now for the coming (no pun intended) days.
Fingers crossed! 🤞

I honestly feel like I have a burn out of trying for a baby, if that makes sense. It's so draining... :(
Oh wow this describes me. I am burnt out. I feel okay in the month but when my period comes I can't help but feel devestated, and I feel like I don't want to do this to myself anymore.
I hope it goes well at the gynaecologist.
I also just think sometimes its better to stay away from other babies for your own mental health. I feel the same but then people just don't understand so I think I'll look rude. But then I tell myself, I'm doing the right thing for me. Covid lockdown has been my saviour for this to be honest, I have been able to keep away from family and friends new babies and pregnancies, and I feel selfish, but that is better for me right now, and only people who have tried for babies for a length of time understand that xx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thankyou. That gives me hope. I know it's not long compared to some but when people are falling pregnant easily around me, straight away, it makes me feel like something is wrong, I can't help it. Hopefully it will just happen for me too X

Oh wow this describes me. I am burnt out. I feel okay in the month but when my period comes I can't help but feel devestated, and I feel like I don't want to do this to myself anymore.
I hope it goes well at the gynaecologist.
I also just think sometimes its better to stay away from other babies for your own mental health. I feel the same but then people just don't understand so I think I'll look rude. But then I tell myself, I'm doing the right thing for me. Covid lockdown has been my saviour for this to be honest, I have been able to keep away from family and friends new babies and pregnancies, and I feel selfish, but that is better for me right now, and only people who have tried for babies for a length of time understand that xx
Totally same! During the month all is well. But then you feel your period coming, then it gets there, then back to taking medication that makes you even more depressed...
I went to see a fertility psychologist a while ago. I can only recommend it. TTC is very hard, lots of disappointment, frustration, doubt, etc. So talking to a professional is really helpful.

Good news at the gynaecologist today. I have one egg getting ready to jump. It's already about 2cm. I didn't know they got so big before jumping 😅
Ovulation is due somewhere Sunday. So we'll be having a busy weekend 😏
Gynaecologist was also superexcited, she's a gem. So supportive!

So I'm feeling hopeful again!

Good luck to all of you! ❤

Am glad to have found this thread. I looked on Mumsnet once and quite frankly it was tit 😂
Been TTC for about 9 months now....not long but I am 42 so feel time is really against me. Waiting for a referral to the fertility clinic but covid has shown everything down so considering paying privately
Have had tests with GP which has shown no concern for me, my partner has low sperm motility though, which is ironic as he already has two kids and both were conceived on the first try...so came as a bit of a shock to both of us
We’re not going to have fertility treatment, not really an option for us financially, so we’re going to try for a few more months and if it doesn’t happen then it’s not meant to be
Just wanted to say hi before I catch up with the thread...

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.