TTC’ers!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel in such a mess.
Took us 2 years to conceive, due to male factor. We were told with numbers it’s not impossible but hard. Anyway we conceived in October, lost the baby at 16 weeks in January.
We are looking at starting ttc again, this cycle. First AF has just finished.
im 32 (33 in July) we have been told nhs help we now have to wait 2 years from January. We have enough for a round of ivf privately.
But we are both not sure if we are ready for ivf yet. But I’m also feeling so panicked that time is running out, as it took us so long to conceive first time. We have made lots of lifestyle changes, and husbands numbers improved just a tiny bit when we did conceive. So is it worth us trying for 6 months naturally first. People keep saying aswell that I’m more fertile afte a loss.
does it sound like a reasonable plan for us to try again naturally for 6 months, then rethink about ivf.
I know there’s no right or wrong. I just feel like I needed to type it all out (humour me)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Out of curiosity has anyone changed some things in their diet or lifestyle?
I have cut out alcohol completely, dying for a glass now but I’m on a roll and don’t want to ruin it.
I now have one coffee a day.
Also I sleep at least 8 hours a day or more now as pre lockdown I was on 6-7 hours a day.
I increased my fat intake.
i walk more in the day light.
Just wondering if anyone else has made some changes to their diets or lifestyle?
What's the link with increased fat intake please? And assume walking in the daylight is vitamin D or is it another reason? I did read yesterday BMI should be between 20 and 24 ideally (slightly narrower than healthy BMI range). I'm 20.2 so I can afford to increase my fats 😂

Reactions: 1
What's the link with increased fat intake please? And assume walking in the daylight is vitamin D or is it another reason? I did read yesterday BMI should be between 20 and 24 ideally (slightly narrower than healthy BMI range). I'm 20.2 so I can afford to increase my fats 😂
Well lots of nutritionist say that if your trying for a baby opt for a Mediterranean diet increases the chances of conception. Bare in mind has to be both yourself and your partner. So from that I’ve increased my fat intake. The second time I got pregnant I felt that increasing my fat intake increased our chances. As that was the only change I had implemented. As soon as my loss I cut a lot of fats. I barely ate dairy before unintentionally. Also nuts I ate sparingly. I also Increased eating omega 3s and avacados. From January I’ve implemented a more Mediterranean diet I can say I’ve toned up a bit more and feel more alert. So I’ll be implementing this in my lifestyle. Since eating more fats I didn’t realise how much my body needed it. I will eat the fats I enjoy. Like chia seeds are recommended when trying for a baby but I dislike them so I would rather eat almonds.
I walk more outside during the day to get vitamin D like you say. But before lockdown I would only do that on a Sunday as I’m working most days and would barely step foot outside. I feel mentally better walking out in the day and calmer. Feels like a soft meditation. So I’ve decided on my lunch breaks I will implement a walk even for 30 minutes. So a lot of these things I’ve implemented are not only for trying a baby but for my overall well being.
I am just wondering what you ladies have implanted in order to conceive ?

I feel in such a mess.
Took us 2 years to conceive, due to male factor. We were told with numbers it’s not impossible but hard. Anyway we conceived in October, lost the baby at 16 weeks in January.
We are looking at starting ttc again, this cycle. First AF has just finished.
im 32 (33 in July) we have been told nhs help we now have to wait 2 years from January. We have enough for a round of ivf privately.
But we are both not sure if we are ready for ivf yet. But I’m also feeling so panicked that time is running out, as it took us so long to conceive first time. We have made lots of lifestyle changes, and husbands numbers improved just a tiny bit when we did conceive. So is it worth us trying for 6 months naturally first. People keep saying aswell that I’m more fertile afte a loss.
does it sound like a reasonable plan for us to try again naturally for 6 months, then rethink about ivf.
I know there’s no right or wrong. I just feel like I needed to type it all out (humour me)
Im sorry about your loss. I feel you need to do what’s right for you and your partner. It seems you have a sensible plan. I know the feeling it feels like time is running out. Just take your time to heal yourself that’s the most important so when your baby does come along you will be the best mum you can be. Wishing you all the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Hi ladies....I am taking a break from ttc as we have decided to sell our house and move in with my MIL so we can move back to the area we both grew up in, as we have both been feeling the effects of not having family near us this past year. We will purchase a new house at the end of the year. It will be good for us but TTC in my MIL’s house seems way too awkward 🙈 although I know my SIL did it when they lived with her in laws. I still have my fertility referral next month but I’m fairly sure they’ll tell me to lose weight before they do any treatment but at least I will get some sort of plan of action I guess. Just resigning myself to a larger and larger age gap with all this time that passes 💔 best of luck to all of you lovely ladies xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hi ladies....I am taking a break from ttc as we have decided to sell our house and move in with my MIL so we can move back to the area we both grew up in, as we have both been feeling the effects of not having family near us this past year. We will purchase a new house at the end of the year. It will be good for us but TTC in my MIL’s house seems way too awkward 🙈 although I know my SIL did it when they lived with her in laws. I still have my fertility referral next month but I’m fairly sure they’ll tell me to lose weight before they do any treatment but at least I will get some sort of plan of action I guess. Just resigning myself to a larger and larger age gap with all this time that passes 💔 best of luck to all of you lovely ladies xx
Good luck with everything xxx

I hope this is ok to post. It took me 9 months to conceive. Which is really nothing compared with other experiences however I did start to panic because I’m over 35. We have a really great GP who I contacted after 6 months of TTC (I was using clear blue ovulation a sticks and the note in them say if you’re over 35 contact your doctor after 6 months). Within a day she had taken bloods (and this was just out of the first lockdown) and my husband was booked in to give a sample. Everything came back as ‘normal’ and so I was referred to a hospital to do the dye test but fell pregnant. The only thing we had done differently that month was use a lube called conceive +. It could be a complete coincidence so I’m not saying it’s a miracle etc but I thought I would mention it.

So pleased there is a thread here of people in all stages of TTC because it’s just not really talked about and it can be an incredibly isolating time. Especially as we are constantly fed how “easy” it is. Wishing everyone here so much love and so much luck xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Has anyone ovulated late and still fell pregnant? The time between ovulation and my AF is only 9 days which doesn't seem long enough

Has anyone ovulated late and still fell pregnant? The time between ovulation and my AF is only 9 days which doesn't seem long enough
Not me personally but a lady I was chatting to ovulated on day 30 the month she got pregnant

New thread guys x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.