TTC’ers #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m CD15 now, the peak has been and gone so now just a waiting game. Not feeling very hopeful this month though and it’s a bugger because my cycles always vary slightly in length so not really sure when to expect The ovulation sticks are definitely an unhealthy obsession 🤣

Reactions: 4
Hello everyone, I was reading through this forum at 3am last night and was blown away by all your stories!
I wondered if I could get your opinion on my situation and just be honest I can take it.
So I am 6 days late on my period and I would say I’m pretty regular I have been tracking them for months now and all arrive within 28-32 days. On average my cycle is 30 days.
I have been a bit tired and just feel “funny”
I took a test last night albeit very diluted urine as I drink tonnes of water( don’t know if this makes a different probs clutching at straws) and test came back BFN
Any tips? Wait a few days and retest? Or just leave it.
Thank you! Have a good day

Reactions: 2
Well any day after you've missed a period should be accurate. But take a test first thing in the morning maybe 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Hello everyone, I was reading through this forum at 3am last night and was blown away by all your stories!
I wondered if I could get your opinion on my situation and just be honest I can take it.
So I am 6 days late on my period and I would say I’m pretty regular I have been tracking them for months now and all arrive within 28-32 days. On average my cycle is 30 days.
I took a test last night albeit very diluted urine as I drink tonnes of water( don’t know if this makes a different probs clutching at straws) and test came back BFN
Try again in the morning! Fingers crossed for you

Reactions: 3
I would test with first morning though if you’re late you can test anytime. The problem is sometimes if your cycle can change a little implantation could hypothetically be later, and you need to wait for the hormone to build up (typically every few days) or you could wait an additional week to be sure your period is Late if testing frequently isn’t something you want to do

Thank you all for your advice.
How often do you test?
I’ll try wait as long as possible
I only tested twice - I was quite past when I expected to be due so assumed it would have picked up by then. It’s a tricky one as some cycles you may ovulate late, not at all, or some people’s pregnancy hormone levels are so low it takes ages for a test to show anything.

Hi everyone, just wanted to ask a piece of advice please.

Is it possible that to ovulate WITHOUT getting a positive OPK?

I have PCOS, and I'm fairly new to TTC so amen't sure what to expect.

My BBT chart implies that I ovulated, around CD 16.
Around CD15 - CD16, I had some CM which looked to be the egg-white consistency.

But I did regular OPKs around that time, usually twice a day, and I never got the dark test line that you expect.
(I either got no line at all, or a very very faint line.)

I'm fairly sure I'm using the OPKs correctly... not drinking water beforehand, same time everyday, etc.

Is it possible that I ovulated, without getting a positive result?

Thanks so much for any advice!

I only tested twice - I was quite past when I expected to be due so assumed it would have picked up by then. It’s a tricky one as some cycles you may ovulate late, not at all, or some people’s pregnancy hormone levels are so low it takes ages for a test to show anything.
Thank you xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I took a test on Sunday afternoon (I know, I know but just felt intrigued). It was negative - until I looked at it half an hour later. I've now convinced myself it was an evap line (despite the line being coloured rather than just an indent) as two subsequent tests with FMU have been completely negative. Waiting at least a few more days now, I expect AF will arrive at some point or I've massively miscalculated my ovulation date. Just a waiting game now. 🥺

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I took a test on Sunday afternoon (I know, I know but just felt intrigued). It was negative - until I looked at it half an hour later. I've now convinced myself it was an evap line (despite the line being coloured rather than just an indent) as two subsequent tests with FMU have been completely negative. Waiting at least a few more days now, I expect AF will arrive at some point or I've massively miscalculated my ovulation date. Just a waiting game now. 🥺
Hugs 💕 nothing worse than the wait after a negative. It could be just taking some time to double up the hormones though, you’re not out until AF is here 🤞🏻

Now 3DPO and I can’t stop over thinking every tiny little thing 😫😫 had a strange feeling yesterday and today - not cramps as such, but the feeling I get when I’m going to come on? This morning I felt sick. Just want AF to come so I can start the next cycle now 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Period arrived yesterday morning, so no baby in 2021 for me which is so depressing, husband getting tested again tomorrow so at least some progress may happen soon

• Heart
Reactions: 8
No idea why I gave in and tested early but 100% negative anyway.

• Heart
AF has arrived. It was late and I'm never late. My skin has obviously just gone bad then randomly, and no baby for 2021 then. This time feels very cruel. My DH even excitedly went and got me a test yesterday evening. I had saved it in hope for this morning, but it wasn't to be.
Cycle 16 here I am. I wonder why I am doing this to myself sometimes. I said I had no hope but yesterday I really did, I feel such a fool.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
AF has arrived. It was late and I'm never late. My skin has obviously just gone bad then randomly, and no baby for 2021 then. This time feels very cruel. My DH even excitedly went and got me a test yesterday evening. I had saved it in hope for this morning, but it wasn't to be.
Cycle 16 here I am. I wonder why I am doing this to myself sometimes. I said I had no hope but yesterday I really did, I feel such a fool.
Its the worst isn't it, wanting to get excited and then it seems its even more disappointing when you feel like why did I even get excited

• Heart
How many days of blank smileys did anyone have before a smiley/flashing smiley? I’m on CD11 so blank (which I know is still early) and I started on CD8 so again super early. I know it’s different for everyone but am curious! 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.