TTC #9 Your worth is not determined by your fertility

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still knocking about on the periphery of TTC whilst I make decisions about my job/see if I’m not too burned out or emotionally damaged to get a better job or whether I’m stuck in this mess for all eternity. I haven’t been LH testing with any regularity. Last cycle I apparently tested on Day 15 and it was low. Something then made me test on Day 24 and it was the highest ever (I must have been wondering about ovulation symptoms or something), I followed up on Day 25 which established that Day 24 was my peak. It’s now CD 16 of the next cycle and I’ve had some general ovary twinges (it’s both, though, not one, so maybe I’m imagining it), had a look at PreMom who reckoned I was near ovulation. Did an LH test tonight and it’s high but probably not at peak. Maybe these daft apps are getting better at figuring me out. I’m not preventing but I’m not really trying, either. I just don’t have the emotional strength to obsess over numbers and hush my bladder whilst I BBT etc etc at the moment. Rightly or wrongly!

Still waiting for an appt letter for an ultrasound for PCOS checking. I kind of expected a letter by now even if the appt was going to take a while. I’m interested in asking the GP for the progesterone test to see if I am ovulating in a cycle to at least confirm whether I can rely on LH tests, but from what I understand they like to issue it on Day 21 of your cycle, and my Day 21 won’t always tell me anything as my cycle has been anything from 27 to 43 days long. If I reach a peak in the next couple of days then this is the earliest I’ve potentially ovulated in a little under a year. Is that going to make it challenging to get a result? I could get a ‘false negative’ if I’ve tested too early in that particular cycle,surely?
I think if you go 7/8 days after you suspect ovulation that should be fine, the day 21 thing is for those with the text book 28 day cycle and day 14 ovulation. Wouldn’t work for me either on day 21 as sometimes that’s ovulation day!

If your Dr requests it as ‘urgent’ you can just go with the form when you feel that it is, rather than being booked in for a specific day / time. You want your progesterone to be at 30 or more at that part of the cycle and ideally you want to have it tested for more than one cycle.

Reactions: 1
I think if you go 7/8 days after you suspect ovulation that should be fine, the day 21 thing is for those with the text book 28 day cycle and day 14 ovulation. Wouldn’t work for me either on day 21 as sometimes that’s ovulation day!

If your Dr requests it as ‘urgent’ you can just go with the form when you feel that it is, rather than being booked in for a specific day / time. You want your progesterone to be at 30 or more at that part of the cycle and ideally you want to have it tested for more than one cycle.
I don’t even know how blood tests work in this area. In my old area you basically went along to the local hospital, which was a big hospital, went to the blood test area with your wee form and took one of those supermarket meat counter tickets and waited your turn. This would have been super handy for tests like this. I’ve had one blood test here, not for TTC purposes and it was very much a booked day/time at a much, much smaller hospital that I don’t think had lots of nurses on ‘standby’. Could be wrong, though! Shall ask if I manage to speak to the Dr again!

I had a talk with a friend at a party on friday and she mentioned mio-inositol. Did a little research and it’s supposed to be great for hormones, egg quality and conception in general. Anyways started taking it today and I’m interested in results. :)

Is this recommended if you don’t have PCOS diagnosis? I need something to extend my luteal phase as I tend to start spotting 5 days before AF is due (so around 7 days DPO for me)

I don’t even know how blood tests work in this area. In my old area you basically went along to the local hospital, which was a big hospital, went to the blood test area with your wee form and took one of those supermarket meat counter tickets and waited your turn. This would have been super handy for tests like this. I’ve had one blood test here, not for TTC purposes and it was very much a booked day/time at a much, much smaller hospital that I don’t think had lots of nurses on ‘standby’. Could be wrong, though! Shall ask if I manage to speak to the Dr again!
Same here, it has all changed since Covid!. I had a right game trying to get Day 3 bloods done on the right day and time as Cortisol needs doing within in a certain time frame, without the flexibility of ‘urgent’ on the form and the ridiculous appointment system. The Phlebotomist actually said to me oh you should’ve rang us beforehand we would’ve got you in, we do for fertility and other time sensitive stuff. They just don’t advertise that! Then for my HCG bloods the Dr put urgent in the form and said to go whenever. I strolled in, she took the form, I sat down and then was called in within ten mins. They must have a certain capacity for on the day.

Hi all. I'm in my fertile window at the moment and I think peak will be today. We have been doing the egg meets sperm and DTD from day 8. It's actually been really fun and I feel a lot closer to the hubby. I hope this translates into a positive outcome. I'm also doing ok on less processed foods, no alcohol or fizzy drinks. I went to a baby shower at the weekend and it was lovely. I really hope I'm in that position soon.

@ThisIsMyDragName Have you thought about having tests privately? The initial fertility tests I had were really useful and comprehensive. I was able to get booked in and have done them done quickly. It's not right that you are struggling with the NHS and I appreciate it is an expense which should not be necessary but it is a thought.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hi all. I'm in my fertile window at the moment and I think peak will be today. We have been doing the egg meets sperm and DTD from day 8. It's actually been really fun and I feel a lot closer to the hubby. I hope this translates into a positive outcome. I'm also doing ok on less processed foods, no alcohol or fizzy drinks. I went to a baby shower at the weekend and it was lovely. I really hope I'm in that position soon.

@ThisIsMyDragName Have you thought about having tests privately? The initial fertility tests I had were really useful and comprehensive. I was able to get booked in and have done them done quickly. It's not right that you are struggling with the NHS and I appreciate it is an expense which should not be necessary but it is a thought.
I did a Hertility test which pointed towards PCOS and it was helpful for me to have a bunch of things tested and definitely worth the spend in my mind, though these things are relative to each person. I’ve been referred for an ultrasound off the back of that via the NHS, 5 weeks ago I spoke to the GP about it but I guess there’s a bit of a wait! I’ll follow up with the GP practice in a week or two to get a feel for how long these things take, then decide whether to have the ultrasound done privately or not. I’ll also see what the PdG tests tell me when they come, then see if I can feed that back to the GP. I suspect I don’t ovulate every month but can’t currently demonstrate that very accurately. I don’t know if the GP would actually intend to do anything about PCOS if I have it. It makes total sense to me that I have it based on my symptoms, and the bloods back that up, but the GP didn’t think my blood results were that big of a deal… so who knows?! Such a minefield!

• Heart
Feeling slightly gutted at the moment - we are not actively trying, but also not actively preventing since October last year (if that makes sense), got news yesterday that someone close to me is 3 weeks plus whilst still on the pill.
This time last year, we really thought we'd have good news but still nothing yet :(

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Feeling slightly gutted at the moment - we are not actively trying, but also not actively preventing since October last year (if that makes sense), got news yesterday that someone close to me is 3 weeks plus whilst still on the pill.
This time last year, we really thought we'd have good news but still nothing yet :(
exactly same for us too. All of my friends are either pregnant or with children now and I just feel so so alone.
I’ve been receiving photos of scans, nurseries, positive tests and it’s tearing me apart.
we are due to go on holiday tomorrow and I just want to relax and have a glass of wine but on the two week wait now. I don’t feel like it will be positive though.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
this! I could kind of deal with it before but the longer it gets the worse I feel. I am no longer on any type of social media because I’m sick of being triggered by it all!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.