TTC #9 Your worth is not determined by your fertility

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve finished bleeding from my MC, still having negative OPKs this weekend but honestly I’m finding it so FREEING knowing I’m definitely not pregnant and also cannot get pregnant right now. Nothing to think about no sex to time no symptom spotting. It’s very nice to be relaxed 🥲
I am in the same position - how long are you going to wait? this is my first MC so i'm not really sure what you do next?

I am in the same position - how long are you going to wait? this is my first MC so i'm not really sure what you do next?
I’ve actually started getting egg white CM today - I will use an OPK tonight and if positive I’m going to start trying - I tend to get really rapid peaks on OPKs so unsurprising it’s been negative til now. I’m 18 days from the start of my MC bleeding so am hopeful it means I’m ovulating.
if not however I’ll just keep tracking with OPKs until a positive or my next period.

At my appointments/EPU they said to wait for next period to start trying again as it’s easier to date the pregnancy but there isn’t any physical reason to not try again straight away if you feel up to it 🥰

sorry for your loss and hopefully we get where we need to be soon 🥰🩷

Having a really tough time getting treatments underway, last month I contacted clinics four separate times to three different locations and with each the phone calls would abruptly end. I was worried about what that meant so instead I put in an online enquiry, a lady called me to apologise but in trying to set up the profile for me her computer had a meltdown, and it took two days to resolve. I’ve now received a login for their website, but the nhs results I needed to import have vanished, so I’m going to have to do the paid for tests which is frustrating, but I also have no idea how I progress uploading files to an actual appointment with a consultant? There’s no details on their portal at all, and no way to contact a human. It all seems very disjointed and confusing, and it’s been very demotivating as an experience overall!

Has anyone managed to extend their luteal phase with B6 and vit c? Looking at my flo app I’ve just realised my luteal phase was 8 days this month and has been 9 days every month so now wondering if this is the reason for my CM and no BFP since then :(

Has anyone managed to extend their luteal phase with B6 and vit c? Looking at my flo app I’ve just realised my luteal phase was 8 days this month and has been 9 days every month so now wondering if this is the reason for my CM and no BFP since then :(
I also have a very short luteal phase (typically 8 days so similar to yours) and this cycle I started taking a high dose of vit c. I’m not sure whether I can say if it’s worked because I actually had a chemical this month (confirmed this morning 🙁) and so my LP was 15 days, but trying to take it as a positive sign. Worth a try IMO

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Still knocking about on the periphery of TTC whilst I make decisions about my job/see if I’m not too burned out or emotionally damaged to get a better job or whether I’m stuck in this mess for all eternity. I haven’t been LH testing with any regularity. Last cycle I apparently tested on Day 15 and it was low. Something then made me test on Day 24 and it was the highest ever (I must have been wondering about ovulation symptoms or something), I followed up on Day 25 which established that Day 24 was my peak. It’s now CD 16 of the next cycle and I’ve had some general ovary twinges (it’s both, though, not one, so maybe I’m imagining it), had a look at PreMom who reckoned I was near ovulation. Did an LH test tonight and it’s high but probably not at peak. Maybe these daft apps are getting better at figuring me out. I’m not preventing but I’m not really trying, either. I just don’t have the emotional strength to obsess over numbers and hush my bladder whilst I BBT etc etc at the moment. Rightly or wrongly!

Still waiting for an appt letter for an ultrasound for PCOS checking. I kind of expected a letter by now even if the appt was going to take a while. I’m interested in asking the GP for the progesterone test to see if I am ovulating in a cycle to at least confirm whether I can rely on LH tests, but from what I understand they like to issue it on Day 21 of your cycle, and my Day 21 won’t always tell me anything as my cycle has been anything from 27 to 43 days long. If I reach a peak in the next couple of days then this is the earliest I’ve potentially ovulated in a little under a year. Is that going to make it challenging to get a result? I could get a ‘false negative’ if I’ve tested too early in that particular cycle,surely?

• Heart
Still knocking about on the periphery of TTC whilst I make decisions about my job/see if I’m not too burned out or emotionally damaged to get a better job or whether I’m stuck in this mess for all eternity. I haven’t been LH testing with any regularity. Last cycle I apparently tested on Day 15 and it was low. Something then made me test on Day 24 and it was the highest ever (I must have been wondering about ovulation symptoms or something), I followed up on Day 25 which established that Day 24 was my peak. It’s now CD 16 of the next cycle and I’ve had some general ovary twinges (it’s both, though, not one, so maybe I’m imagining it), had a look at PreMom who reckoned I was near ovulation. Did an LH test tonight and it’s high but probably not at peak. Maybe these daft apps are getting better at figuring me out. I’m not preventing but I’m not really trying, either. I just don’t have the emotional strength to obsess over numbers and hush my bladder whilst I BBT etc etc at the moment. Rightly or wrongly!

Still waiting for an appt letter for an ultrasound for PCOS checking. I kind of expected a letter by now even if the appt was going to take a while. I’m interested in asking the GP for the progesterone test to see if I am ovulating in a cycle to at least confirm whether I can rely on LH tests, but from what I understand they like to issue it on Day 21 of your cycle, and my Day 21 won’t always tell me anything as my cycle has been anything from 27 to 43 days long. If I reach a peak in the next couple of days then this is the earliest I’ve potentially ovulated in a little under a year. Is that going to make it challenging to get a result? I could get a ‘false negative’ if I’ve tested too early in that particular cycle,surely?
Even if you do a day 21 test and it comes back very low you’ll have an idea of your progesterone levels at that point in your cycle, they could even do one on day 26-27 to confirm what you’re thinking. If you have very low progesterone for a few months and they can repeat the tests, you could get some supplementary progesterone and it could help you fall pregnant that month. Either way, good to have as much data as possible I’d say.

The issue is the LH tests cannot actually tell you if you’re ovulating. I recommend doing BBT checking if you haven’t already, it’s really simple and gives you a better idea of what’s happening

Only our second cycle testing for ovulation and wow weird cycle. Started bleeding today so it was only 25 days long.
Pretty sure I have covid so maybe that brought on my period sooner?
Absolutely tit and unfair tbh 😭

Even if you do a day 21 test and it comes back very low you’ll have an idea of your progesterone levels at that point in your cycle, they could even do one on day 26-27 to confirm what you’re thinking. If you have very low progesterone for a few months and they can repeat the tests, you could get some supplementary progesterone and it could help you fall pregnant that month. Either way, good to have as much data as possible I’d say.

The issue is the LH tests cannot actually tell you if you’re ovulating. I recommend doing BBT checking if you haven’t already, it’s really simple and gives you a better idea of what’s happening
BBT is simple when you don’t have the bladder of an absolute pea 🤣🤣 I’ve been through my struggles with BBT on here before.

BBT is simple when you don’t have the bladder of an absolute pea 🤣🤣 I’ve been through my struggles with BBT on here before.
Ah sorry. I think it’s still not wildly inaccurate if you do it not immediately after waking. You could put it on top of the loo and pop it in your mouth then!

I sometimes punch mine off the bedside table whilst half asleep and get it stuck down the side of the bed and then get a raised temp because I’m trying desperately to find/ grab it without moving much 😂

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I sometimes punch mine off the bedside table whilst half asleep and get it stuck down the side of the bed and then get a raised temp because I’m trying desperately to find/ grab it without moving much 😂
Yesssss this! And if I leave it on my bedside table rather than in one of its drawers, my cat will knock it off the top just because she can. Same applies to my glasses. And my Apple products charging dock thingy. Basically anything on the top is fair game to that girl 🤣

Home Health UK are selling the dipstick progesterone tests reasonably cheaply for a pack of 5 (cheaper if you buy 2 packs at the same time). This gives me more control over when I test, rather than fannying about to multiple blood tests and repeatedly running the appointment gauntlet to be referred for yet another test. I got the impression my GP wasn’t that bothered about my current situation, so maybe if I have more evidence it’ll ultimately help me. I’m sure 10 of you will come along and tell me the dipstick tests are pointless or something else but I thought I’d share in case it helps someone. You’re welcome to do your own research on it!

Home Health UK are selling the dipstick progesterone tests reasonably cheaply for a pack of 5 (cheaper if you buy 2 packs at the same time). This gives me more control over when I test, rather than fannying about to multiple blood tests and repeatedly running the appointment gauntlet to be referred for yet another test. I got the impression my GP wasn’t that bothered about my current situation, so maybe if I have more evidence it’ll ultimately help me. I’m sure 10 of you will come along and tell me the dipstick tests are pointless or something else but I thought I’d share in case it helps someone. You’re welcome to do your own research on it!
I’m tempted to try it to see where things are at. To be honest though, if someone told me ketamine or crack would help me get pregnant then you’d probably find me behind a local skip ready to sniff or smoke whatever 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I had a talk with a friend at a party on friday and she mentioned mio-inositol. Did a little research and it’s supposed to be great for hormones, egg quality and conception in general. Anyways started taking it today and I’m interested in results. :)

Reactions: 3
I’m tempted to try it to see where things are at. To be honest though, if someone told me ketamine or crack would help me get pregnant then you’d probably find me behind a local skip ready to sniff or smoke whatever 😂
If it helps you smoke crack. I dunno how you take ketamine though 🤣 nah I hear you. I just get the freedom to take the test according to the schedule my body is telling me this way. If I can establish a pattern, or at least confirm the pattern I think my body has, then I can take all that to the GP and will know exactly what to ask them to do/when to send me along for a cheeky blood test.

I’m desperately trying not to get mega wrapped up in all the numbers and doing all the things and recording everything to within an inch of its life. It made me cray-cray. The last couple of cycles I’ve tested when I’ve felt like I should and I’ve caught an LH peak. So being a little more intuitive with my body seems to have helped me. For now. I swear in 2 months time I’ll be dancing naked under a full moon in my garden because I’ll have read on the internet this is how to ensure pregnancy or something 🤣🤣

• Haha
I had a talk with a friend at a party on friday and she mentioned mio-inositol. Did a little research and it’s supposed to be great for hormones, egg quality and conception in general. Anyways started taking it today and I’m interested in results. :)

[/URL]
I’m taking this too! The vitamins seem to have lengthened my cycle slightly but then it could also be miscarriage related
---
If it helps you smoke crack. I dunno how you take ketamine though 🤣 nah I hear you. I just get the freedom to take the test according to the schedule my body is telling me this way. If I can establish a pattern, or at least confirm the pattern I think my body has, then I can take all that to the GP and will know exactly what to ask them to do/when to send me along for a cheeky blood test.

I’m desperately trying not to get mega wrapped up in all the numbers and doing all the things and recording everything to within an inch of its life. It made me cray-cray. The last couple of cycles I’ve tested when I’ve felt like I should and I’ve caught an LH peak. So being a little more intuitive with my body seems to have helped me. For now. I swear in 2 months time I’ll be dancing naked under a full moon in my garden because I’ll have read on the internet this is how to ensure pregnancy or something 🤣🤣
I’ve told myself my heavy tracking and regime is to help me at doctors and I’m trying to not get too caught up in it.. I feel like if my body knows I’m really trying not it will spite me 😂😂

I’m taking this too! The vitamins seem to have lengthened my cycle slightly but then it could also be miscarriage related
---

I’ve told myself my heavy tracking and regime is to help me at doctors and I’m trying to not get too caught up in it.. I feel like if my body knows I’m really trying not it will spite me 😂😂
Ach, each of us have to do what we have to do to get through this!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.