TTC #7 Even miracles take a little time…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you. I know it's called the luteal phase, thought it was fairly consistent though but must have got mixed up at some point. Feels like such a minefield, no matter how much reading and testing you do there are still so many opportunities to get confused 😭
only reason I know is because I have had trouble with my luteal so it’s at the forefront of my mind xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I might be wrong but to answer @rulebreaker101 question, if you had a late ovulation would that not equate to a late period because if it came on time that would mean a shorter LP and maybe not enough time for implantation?
That was sort of my thinking but I guess it depends on the luteal phase - if you have a reasonably consistent LP then late ovulation should mean late period but then if not you could have late ovulation and a shorter LP leading to an on time period? When I've done ovulation tests, my LP has been consistent but ovulation day has varied more so I know for me personally it's my follicular phase that is variable and doing an ov test will tell me when my period is due.

I’ve been for an ultrasound this morning in prep for starting IVF. Everything looks normal structurally but my lining is a bit thin - has anyone else has this and been recommended any supplements etc. to try and thicken it?

She also checked my ovaries and I had one egg growing on the right and THREE on the left. Guess the clomid is working 😂 The radiographer told me it’s a high risk for multiple birth, I felt like saying I’m here cos I can’t have one it’s not an issue!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
15 DPO according to flo and got a negative test. Was hopping to see two lines after feeling “different” the past week or so.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’ve been for an ultrasound this morning in prep for starting IVF. Everything looks normal structurally but my lining is a bit thin - has anyone else has this and been recommended any supplements etc. to try and thicken it?

She also checked my ovaries and I had one egg growing on the right and THREE on the left. Guess the clomid is working 😂 The radiographer told me it’s a high risk for multiple birth, I felt like saying I’m here cos I can’t have one it’s not an issue!
No experience of this but wishing you well on your IVF journey 💕

15 DPO according to flo and got a negative test. Was hopping to see two lines after feeling “different” the past week or so.
You're not out yet, fingers crossed for good news soon 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 3

I’ve read pomegranate juice is good for the lining but I’m not sure if that’s specific to thickening.

Out of interest do you have light bleeding with a thinner lining?

Reactions: 3
I’ve read pomegranate juice is good for the lining but I’m not sure if that’s specific to thickening.

Out of interest do you have light bleeding with a thinner lining?
Oh fab I’ll try that, thank you!

Yes, I’d flagged with the NHS fertility clinic that my periods were really short (2 days) but they just said it was normal for me and not to worry. It makes sense now! Although since I started acupuncture they are now 3/4 days so hopefully that’s helping too. Apparently the lining measuring 8mm is the holy grail of endometrial lining 😅

Oh fab I’ll try that, thank you!

Yes, I’d flagged with the NHS fertility clinic that my periods were really short (2 days) but they just said it was normal for me and not to worry. It makes sense now! Although since I started acupuncture they are now 3/4 days so hopefully that’s helping too. Apparently the lining measuring 8mm is the holy grail of endometrial lining 😅
I had a couple of cycles where it was only 2 days of proper bleeding as well. But otherwise it’s always about 4. What stage is it supposed to be 8mm? Both my ultrasounds have been during menstruation and last one was 4.32 on day 2 or 3 of bleeding so they said that was normal.

That was sort of my thinking but I guess it depends on the luteal phase - if you have a reasonably consistent LP then late ovulation should mean late period but then if not you could have late ovulation and a shorter LP leading to an on time period? When I've done ovulation tests, my LP has been consistent but ovulation day has varied more so I know for me personally it's my follicular phase that is variable and doing an ov test will tell me when my period is due.
I am so sure I ovulated late. It came as my period was meant to come. So I guess my period should come this Saturday, let’s see. Never been this long ever to a period!!!! Since tracking my period has been out of whack. I don’t feel pregnant at all even though she’s meant to arrive Saturday. Thank you all so much for answering me too. Google is a bit overwhelming at times

• Heart
You're not out yet, fingers crossed for good news soon 💕
[/QUOTE]

I’m 17 DPO now, no AF, but a negative on day 15. Starting to think it won’t be this cycle and can only prepare for next.

• Heart
I had a couple of cycles where it was only 2 days of proper bleeding as well. But otherwise it’s always about 4. What stage is it supposed to be 8mm? Both my ultrasounds have been during menstruation and last one was 4.32 on day 2 or 3 of bleeding so they said that was normal.
She said she would be hoping to see a thickness of 8mm heading into the ovulation phase. I’ve found this online which shows the progress throughout the month:

2751817F-E1D4-4F37-A950-E634D719472F.png

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi - I feel a bit of an intruder on this thread, I’ve deleted my account so many times, but feel I need to just write down how I feel.
Today me and my husband had an appointment at a fertility clinic and was told physically there is nothing wrong with us, my hormone levels were low but nothing else. We had the same tests just over 2 years ago and they said we would conceive within 3 months! Obviously that never happened! I have a son who is nearly 9 with my ex! I just feel rubbish about it, I feel like everywhere I go I see pregnant women and babies! My ex has another child and one on the way! ( Even though he put me through years of abuse and took away any happy memories I had of the first couple of years of my sons life) I just feel really crap and like I’m a tit mum who don’t deserve a second chance at being a mum and my husband don’t get the chance to have his own baby - He is fantastic with my son!
I just feel so rubbish that after everything I went through I met my husband and now feel safe and happy it’s likely our only chance at trying for a baby is through IVF.
I know I’m lucky to have my son and shouldn’t be moaning.
Sending love to everyone x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
For those who have taken clomid.. does it affect your cycle length? I’m on cd17 and still haven’t ovulated yet when I normally do day 14/15

For those who have taken clomid.. does it affect your cycle length? I’m on cd17 and still haven’t ovulated yet when I normally do day 14/15
Yes, my first cycle was 2 days longer and my second was 4 days longer. Hopefully it will be soon for you 🤞🏻

so, my period is meant to come THIS SATURDAY and i am 11 days late for it. I may have ovulated late due to stress of a family matter. ANYWAY - my preg tests are allll negativeeee but today my ovulation test was again positive! Wtf! No sign of AF at all!! Not even spotting - I’m so confused!

I’ve been watching the secrets she keeps on iPlayer. A mistake - wow that is triggering.

• Heart
so, my period is meant to come THIS SATURDAY and i am 11 days late for it. I may have ovulated late due to stress of a family matter. ANYWAY - my preg tests are allll negativeeee but today my ovulation test was again positive! Wtf! No sign of AF at all!! Not even spotting - I’m so confused!
So confusing! Are you able to check in with a doctor? Perhaps they can help you figure out what's going on 💕

sorry to ask - i done fertility treatment 6y+ ago and at that point they could only see follicles not eggs…can they actually see eggs now?

at that time follicles dont equal eggs. you could have a follicle with potentially no egg in it

just wanted to ask

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.