TTC #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi, I've never posted on here before but looking for some advice (or at least solidarity!)... my husband and I started TTC in January and I fell pregnant on C2 (the first cycle I tracked ovulation using the Clearblue fertility monitor). I had a miscarriage at 7.5 weeks :cry:

I'm now on my 2nd full cycle after miscarrying but my fertility monitor tells me I'm having a 'high' day every time I test. I get no 'peak' days and last month it said I had 20 'high' days before I just stopped testing.

Had anyone experienced anything like this after losing a pregnancy? Should I be concerned I'm not actually ovulating?
A friend of mine had this issue with the fertility monitor after a MC. She fell pregnant not long after. Maybe try the easy@home strips so you can actually see the LH levels? I think temperature monitoring is the only way to be sure you’ve ovulated.

Reactions: 2
I’m sorry for your loss @Daisychain 😔

I haven’t used that clear blue ovulation thing but from what I’ve read from some of you on here they seem to be a bit problematic. A Progesterone blood test can confirm if you’ve ovulated too. You can get the finger prick one from H&B relatively inexpensive and really easy.

Thank you both ❤ I might give the progesterone test from H&B a go in a couple of weeks if I keep reading high with no peaks. Fingers crossed all is okay and the monitor just isn't reading correctly!

Reactions: 3
Hi everyone 👋🏼

It’s my first time posting here. My husband and I initially started trying for a baby about 2 years ago. We’ve had a break for the last 6 months or so as we got married in March and wanted to focus on that, but we’re TTC again properly now that’s over. We had some investigations (blood tests and sperm analysis) a while back, and I had a HYCOSY scan in January. Everything is normal so far. My next appointment isn’t until June so hoping time goes quickly until it arrives.

Towards the end of last year my cycles were about 35 days, but they’ve now dropped to 26 days. I’m 15DPO today on CD27. No period yet but I’ve been having brown cm when I wipe so think it’s going to be anytime now.

I’ve booked in for fertility acupuncture next week so just wanting my period to arrive so I can start the next cycle.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hi everyone 👋🏼

It’s my first time posting here. My husband and I initially started trying for a baby about 2 years ago. We’ve had a break for the last 6 months or so as we got married in March and wanted to focus on that, but we’re TTC again properly now that’s over. We had some investigations (blood tests and sperm analysis) a while back, and I had a HYCOSY scan in January. Everything is normal so far. My next appointment isn’t until June so hoping time goes quickly until it arrives.

Towards the end of last year my cycles were about 35 days, but they’ve now dropped to 26 days. I’m 15DPO today on CD27. No period yet but I’ve been having brown cm when I wipe so think it’s going to be anytime now.

I’ve booked in for fertility acupuncture next week so just wanting my period to arrive so I can start the next cycle.
I’ll be interested to hear how you get on with acupuncture. I’m really not enjoying it and starting to think it’s pointless because I’m not even relaxed and dread going every week.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I’ll be interested to hear how you get on with acupuncture. I’m really not enjoying it and starting to think it’s pointless because I’m not even relaxed and dread going every week.
Oh no, what is it about it that you’re not enjoying? I’m not sure how I’ll get on as I’m a bit skeptical of alternative medicine but I’ll try anything at this stage!

Oh no, what is it about it that you’re not enjoying? I’m not sure how I’ll get on as I’m a bit skeptical of alternative medicine but I’ll try anything at this stage!
I just don’t find it relaxing which is maybe just me not being able to switch off easily and there’s one point in my lower leg where if I move any part of my leg or foot it really bloody hurts! Lots of people swear by it and find it really relaxing though.

Hi everyone 👋🏼

Hello and welcome 😊 my period is due tomorrow and I think I'm out so I'm the same - just wanting it to turn up so I can start again. I hate this bit, waiting around!

Hi, I've never posted on here before but looking for some advice (or at least solidarity!)... my husband and I started TTC in January and I fell pregnant on C2 (the first cycle I tracked ovulation using the Clearblue fertility monitor). I had a miscarriage at 7.5 weeks :cry:

I'm now on my 2nd full cycle after miscarrying but my fertility monitor tells me I'm having a 'high' day every time I test. I get no 'peak' days and last month it said I had 20 'high' days before I just stopped testing.

Had anyone experienced anything like this after losing a pregnancy? Should I be concerned I'm not actually ovulating?
Hello and so sorry to hear about your miscarriage 💔
I've only used the Clearblue digital ovulation tests, I haven't used the fertility monitor. The instructions do say to test first thing in the morning but perhaps your LH surge was later in the day so that's why it wasn't picked up? Try not to worry too much anyway (easier said than done I know), it's most likely just the tests being funny.

Hello and welcome 😊 my period is due tomorrow and I think I'm out so I'm the same - just wanting it to turn up so I can start again. I hate this bit, waiting around!

I've only used the Clearblue digital ovulation tests, I haven't used the fertility monitor. The instructions do say to test first thing in the morning but perhaps your LH surge was later in the day so that's why it wasn't picked up? Try not to worry too much anyway (easier said than done I know), it's most likely just the tests being funny.
Thank you ❤ I've ordered some normal ovulation sticks to see if they read any differently. The medical advice is your cycle can take 6 months to return to normal but I'm just so desperate to be pregnant again right away.

We've got a few weddings this year and I keep thinking 'I would have been X weeks pregnant at that wedding' and I feel like thats putting the pressure on as well. Practicing patience & no stress as much as I can!

• Heart
Thank you ❤ I've ordered some normal ovulation sticks to see if they read any differently. The medical advice is your cycle can take 6 months to return to normal but I'm just so desperate to be pregnant again right away.

We've got a few weddings this year and I keep thinking 'I would have been X weeks pregnant at that wedding' and I feel like thats putting the pressure on as well. Practicing patience & no stress as much as I can!
It sounds really promising that you're on your second cycle already and not waiting around for your first period. Hopefully that's a good thing and you won't be waiting too much longer ♥

It's so hard to stay away from dates isn't it! I really wanted to relax, not over think it, not think about dates etc. Yet every cycle I work out when my due date and milestone dates like 12 weeks would be. Eventually I figured there is no such thing as "jinxing" it so why not think about dates and so on? I think it's only damaging if it's really causing added stress or upset. For me I find it harder trying to stop myself doing it so now I just go with it if that makes sense 😂

Reactions: 4
Hi everyone, we have just started our TTC journey after I came off contraception at the beginning of the year. I have been tracking cycle and CM both on Flo and Ovia for comparison which are already showing completely different ovulation dates.
Am I best keeping track with apps, or should I purchase ovulation sticks or focus on CM changes?
I'm 37 and have never TTC before so unsure what to expect.

Reactions: 5

That’s strange because all other tests say not to use first morning urine don’t they. So confusing!
Hi everyone, we have just started our TTC journey after I came off contraception at the beginning of the year. I have been tracking cycle and CM both on Flo and Ovia for comparison which are already showing completely different ovulation dates.
Am I best keeping track with apps, or should I purchase ovulation sticks or focus on CM changes?
Personally I think if you’re having sex often, your cycles are regular and your confident in knowing where you are going by your CM then don’t bother with the sticks. I’m going to lay off them a bit now I know I’m definitely ovulating. It was fun at first but I think it gets a bit addictive and obsessive but not all that necessary unless you really need to pinpoint your surge day.

ETA: maybe try temping. The thermometer is a one off purchase and no peeing in pots involved! It’s good to predict and confirm ovulation as well as AF and indicating if you might be pregnant toward the end of the cycle. Femometer looks for implantation dips.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
We’re in a similar position. I’m 35 and this is the first time we’ve considered cracking on. Interested to hear what you decide! I’ve downloaded Flo and am using the Health app on my phone. Just need a period to come and go now

Personally I think if you’re having sex often, your cycles are regular and your confident in knowing where you are going by your CM then don’t bother with the sticks. I’m going to lay off them a bit now I know I’m definitely ovulating. It was fun at first but I think it gets a bit addictive and obsessive but not all that necessary unless you really need to pinpoint your surge day.
I totally agree, I didn't use them this month because I'd done it a few months in a row and got a feel for roughly when I'd ovulate. It gets tedious so quickly doesn't it 😂 it was quite a relief not to bother!

• Heart
So no period today but tested and BFN. I expect I'm having a slightly longer cycle and will get my period in the next few days 😭

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.