TTC #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
SO so pleased to hear this and that you finally got that static!! It’s so hard chasing it but so glad you persevered and it finally came though. That first cycle post pill is not fun!! Good luck and fingers crossed, I hope the 2WW isn’t too torturous for you!! ❤
Ahh grumpycat honestly a few of your replies kept me sane when I was waiting for that static so thank you 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hey everyone,

Ive had a little break from ttc threads since my last AF. Sometimes my mind needs it.
10dpo though so it's approaching again... I know it will very much most likely be heartbreak again so I'm sure I'll be on here in tears in a few days as you are the ones who understand!

So husbands sperm anaylsis came back as low on the morphology (the shape /form of the sperm I think) . The paperwork hadn't been filled in properly though so they say they cannot say if its actually okay as it depends when he last came (sorry tmi) could be 2 weeks ago or 2 days ago for all they know they said... The morphology would obviously be different for however long it's been. I mean it said not to do anything for 3-5days so we didn't (luckily not the fertile window🤣) so it was in the right time frame. So I do wonder if its correct that morphology Is low and not just to do with the paperwork error. Apparently drinking can affect this and he does drink each evening. It can be reversed. So he's trying to be healthier. His sperm count was high which so great. I was very upset at having to do it again. I know that's irrational but I already feel behind at only being at this stage when we about to go into cycle 18, and now we have to re do this before I can even be referred to a clinic... Then the waiting list.
We also had a nightmare even getting the results as the clinic and gp both denied having them for days and just wouldn't listen for a bit. We had to fight for them. I think part of my upset was this whole thing feels like a losing battle!

Found out a close friend is pregnant. Hard to hear as it is but when it wasnt planned and they'd only been together a few weeks... Its so hard to take. I am happy for her and anyone, but it is so hard.

Sorry to sound all sad and low. I'm actually not right now, just updating and I know you guys will understand any hard times in this journey.

Congratulations to all the BFPs the last couple of weeks x x
I’m so sorry the analysis has left you with more questions than answers. It makes sense that they asked him to wait a few days before the sample but then it sounds like they contradicted themselves saying it could have been 2 days or 2 weeks?!
My understanding is that the longer a man goes without ejaculating then the more damaged sperm become but I only read that on the internet so it might not be true!

it sounds like a horrible hard battle with the clinic and the GP - if they denied having the results for x days could that have harmed the sample? I’m not trying to provide false hope but it sounds as if they’ve been bloody terrible and nothing like I’ve heard of anyone’s encounter of sperm sample. I thought they had to be analysed almost ASAP after the sample was provided!

please call them up and express how upset and frustrated they are and that you need confirmation on what happened and the results. This is incredibly unfair on you and fertility is so important the results need to be clear and concise. Sending so much love x

Hey everyone,

Ive had a little break from ttc threads since my last AF. Sometimes my mind needs it.
10dpo though so it's approaching again... I know it will very much most likely be heartbreak again so I'm sure I'll be on here in tears in a few days as you are the ones who understand!

So husbands sperm anaylsis came back as low on the morphology (the shape /form of the sperm I think) . The paperwork hadn't been filled in properly though so they say they cannot say if its actually okay as it depends when he last came (sorry tmi) could be 2 weeks ago or 2 days ago for all they know they said... The morphology would obviously be different for however long it's been. I mean it said not to do anything for 3-5days so we didn't (luckily not the fertile window🤣) so it was in the right time frame. So I do wonder if its correct that morphology Is low and not just to do with the paperwork error. Apparently drinking can affect this and he does drink each evening. It can be reversed. So he's trying to be healthier. His sperm count was high which so great. I was very upset at having to do it again. I know that's irrational but I already feel behind at only being at this stage when we about to go into cycle 18, and now we have to re do this before I can even be referred to a clinic... Then the waiting list.
We also had a nightmare even getting the results as the clinic and gp both denied having them for days and just wouldn't listen for a bit. We had to fight for them. I think part of my upset was this whole thing feels like a losing battle!

Found out a close friend is pregnant. Hard to hear as it is but when it wasnt planned and they'd only been together a few weeks... Its so hard to take. I am happy for her and anyone, but it is so hard.

Sorry to sound all sad and low. I'm actually not right now, just updating and I know you guys will understand any hard times in this journey.

Congratulations to all the BFPs the last couple of weeks x x
I feel you pain so so much. Now COVID restrictions have started to lift I've been invited to a ridiculous amount of baby showers. I initially felt hurt and jealous when invited, but now the fear is of actually going and facing the questions from family and friends. I can't bare that.

Hopefully this time they will be quick to get you the results. I had a HSG over two weeks ago now and won't be told the results until the beginning of June when my next appointment is. I feel a bit terrified, because if everything was ok surely they would've said by now? :(

Sending you lots of love during this really difficult time xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’m so sorry the analysis has left you with more questions than answers. It makes sense that they asked him to wait a few days before the sample but then it sounds like they contradicted themselves saying it could have been 2 days or 2 weeks?!
My understanding is that the longer a man goes without ejaculating then the more damaged sperm become but I only read that on the internet so it might not be true!

it sounds like a horrible hard battle with the clinic and the GP - if they denied having the results for x days could that have harmed the sample? I’m not trying to provide false hope but it sounds as if they’ve been bloody terrible and nothing like I’ve heard of anyone’s encounter of sperm sample. I thought they had to be analysed almost ASAP after the sample was provided!

please call them up and express how upset and frustrated they are and that you need confirmation on what happened and the results. This is incredibly unfair on you and fertility is so important the results need to be clear and concise. Sending so much love x
It just made me feel like why am I bothering? Why is even getting some help so hard? I had nurse with my original bloods who was bloody awful as well. Being silly I know.
It said 3-5 days so he didn't for 3 days before he did his sample. So it should be exactly as they want it, however has low morphology so I think it must be true. But then the form wasn't filled in right and they are just like well we don't know how long he went 2 days or 2 weeks?? Weird. After the battle to even get the results as well. Just denied it all. Had to fight to get them. If it was a set answer then fine. But now it's been 2 weeks and still haven't even got another letter for the re test again. I know I'll be upset and fuming about this in a few days when AF comes, maybe I should ring up and complain then😁 actually better not 😂
Thankyou for your lovely message ❤
I feel you pain so so much. Now COVID restrictions have started to lift I've been invited to a ridiculous amount of baby showers. I initially felt hurt and jealous when invited, but now the fear is of actually going and facing the questions from family and friends. I can't bare that.

Hopefully this time they will be quick to get you the results. I had a HSG over two weeks ago now and won't be told the results until the beginning of June when my next appointment is. I feel a bit terrified, because if everything was ok surely they would've said by now? :(

Sending you lots of love during this really difficult time xx
Baby showers and meet ups are SO hard. I mean I know I'm hard work because I feel terrible if I'm left out, like I'm being punished for not having a baby that I desperately want, yet I also dread going as I don't want to be around babies and pregnancy as it upsets me so much. Such a crazy mix of emotions this journey. And yes the questions make me want to shrivel up. Dependant on where I am in the cycle I can give some words back or otherwise just want to cry!
I do find hearing people getting pregnant by accident, especially after a few weeks like my friend, so hard to take. I've been trying for way longer than they've been together it is SO unfair. But I do the right thing and act happy. Feel like such a witch. It just hurts doesn't it?
I hope your results are good, I'm sure they will be but fingers crossed. I think results are taking a while, and especially with all the backlog from the last year. I feel so behind on all these tests. X

Also I had my covid jab today. Its all okay when ttc now. Didn't think about my cycle when I booked I'm 11dpo. I have seen online it can delay your period. Oh god I am hoping not. If my period is late it'll mess with my head now! Has anyone had this with the vaccine?
Had no symptoms at all. But now very slight tenderness to boobs and I've got some cramps which is unusual for me now. I guess this is cycle 18 probably getting ready x

• Sad
Reactions: 7
It just made me feel like why am I bothering? Why is even getting some help so hard? I had nurse with my original bloods who was bloody awful as well. Being silly I know.
It said 3-5 days so he didn't for 3 days before he did his sample. So it should be exactly as they want it, however has low morphology so I think it must be true. But then the form wasn't filled in right and they are just like well we don't know how long he went 2 days or 2 weeks?? Weird. After the battle to even get the results as well. Just denied it all. Had to fight to get them. If it was a set answer then fine. But now it's been 2 weeks and still haven't even got another letter for the re test again. I know I'll be upset and fuming about this in a few days when AF comes, maybe I should ring up and complain then😁 actually better not 😂
Thankyou for your lovely message ❤

Baby showers and meet ups are SO hard. I mean I know I'm hard work because I feel terrible if I'm left out, like I'm being punished for not having a baby that I desperately want, yet I also dread going as I don't want to be around babies and pregnancy as it upsets me so much. Such a crazy mix of emotions this journey. And yes the questions make me want to shrivel up. Dependant on where I am in the cycle I can give some words back or otherwise just want to cry!
I do find hearing people getting pregnant by accident, especially after a few weeks like my friend, so hard to take. I've been trying for way longer than they've been together it is SO unfair. But I do the right thing and act happy. Feel like such a witch. It just hurts doesn't it?
I hope your results are good, I'm sure they will be but fingers crossed. I think results are taking a while, and especially with all the backlog from the last year. I feel so behind on all these tests. X

Also I had my covid jab today. Its all okay when ttc now. Didn't think about my cycle when I booked I'm 11dpo. I have seen online it can delay your period. Oh god I am hoping not. If my period is late it'll mess with my head now! Has anyone had this with the vaccine?
Had no symptoms at all. But now very slight tenderness to boobs and I've got some cramps which is unusual for me now. I guess this is cycle 18 probably getting ready x
I recently saw a friend who started TTC the same time as me, and well I got to see her and her 6 month old baby. As happy as I am for her, I couldn't stop that shadow creeping over thinking 'why couldn't this be me?' It's just so bittersweet. I've turned down a lot of the baby shower invitations. I just can't face it currently. TTC is hard enough without the constant questioning from families.

A part of me actually wants the test to show something! I'm fed up of hearing that everything looks normal when it clearly isn't! I felt like initially I was seen very quickly and had appointments and tests coming out of my ears, but now it feels like it's slowed down massively. I agree, I get so angry when I hear people saying 'we didn't even try!' or people who have abused their bodies and then get pregnant like, how unfair?

I've had both my jabs, but can't really comment on what it did to my cycle as it's so erratic anyway. 1st jab my period was much shorter than normal which is really unusual for me (4 days rather than 7) but that just could be my body being weird, and I had my 2nd one on Monday so that's yet to be seen. xx

• Heart
I've had both my jabs, but can't really comment on what it did to my cycle as it's so erratic anyway. 1st jab my period was much shorter than normal which is really unusual for me (4 days rather than 7) but that just could be my body being weird, and I had my 2nd one on Monday so that's yet to be seen. xx
Sorry to jump on this but I had my first jab on 22nd April and my latest period has been so weird? I usually differ slightly each month but this last AF has been so weird!? Very on and off and only 4 days! I didn’t even think to relate it to the jab! Anyone else had issues?

Sorry to jump on this but I had my first jab on 22nd April and my latest period has been so weird? I usually differ slightly each month but this last AF has been so weird!? Very on and off and only 4 days! I didn’t even think to relate it to the jab! Anyone else had issues?
Mine has arrived early (4 days) and I’m usually like clockwork (had jab at the end of last week).

Mine has arrived early (4 days) and I’m usually like clockwork (had jab at the end of last week).
I don't want to put the fear into anyone so I will say my periods have been erratic for a long time so I really cannot put this down to the vaccine.

I recently saw a friend who started TTC the same time as me, and well I got to see her and her 6 month old baby. As happy as I am for her, I couldn't stop that shadow creeping over thinking 'why couldn't this be me?' It's just so bittersweet. I've turned down a lot of the baby shower invitations. I just can't face it currently. TTC is hard enough without the constant questioning from families.

A part of me actually wants the test to show something! I'm fed up of hearing that everything looks normal when it clearly isn't! I felt like initially I was seen very quickly and had appointments and tests coming out of my ears, but now it feels like it's slowed down massively. I agree, I get so angry when I hear people saying 'we didn't even try!' or people who have abused their bodies and then get pregnant like, how unfair?

Omg this is like me. Saw a friend couple weeks ago, her baby is a few months old, she wasn't trying and conceived ages after I started trying. She also has an older child she fell pregnant with and didn't realise until she was half way. So hard to take x
I also understand the kind of wanting to get something come up on the tests. I keep thinking I obviously want nothing to be wrong but at the same time then what help is there when it's clearly not happening? If something comes up they may be able to help. It's so confusing and I feel bad for thinking it sometimes.
The 'we didn't even try!' people are usually the ones who like to say'you just need to relax'..... Like they know. Riles me up just thinking about it 😂

So I'm 11 dpo and had the jab today, do you think it'll make much difference at this late stage?! I mean I'm already getting cramps suddenly which is unusual but surely it wouldn't work that quickly but you said you came on early? I was thinking it may delay it coming. Looks like I'm gonna have no idea at the end of this week if it hadn't shown then x

So funny you just starting talking about the vaccine and cycle changes as I was just coming on to this thread to ask about it...

Ive had both vaccinations and normally cycles are very regular, my last cycle was abnormal and I felt I ovulated later and then my period was late. My cycle was about 35 days I think and normally it’s 28-29 days. I’m hoping it was a one off ☹ I’ll find it really difficult if my cycles start becoming very irregular.

As for baby showers, I’m so with you! I’ve got one next week and my anxiety is through the roof as I know conversation will turn to me, when will I have a baby, why haven’t I got a baby yet etch. I just want to cancel. It’s not a close friend either. I don’t mind talking about it with my close friends, not ex colleagues 😭

I have only just started TTC but have been married for just over 1.5 years and was shocked by how many people think it’s acceptable to ask when we were having children. I pointed out to some people how inappropriate of a question that is, I’ve directly said what if we were trying to conceive and hadn’t been able to yet?

It’s so so thoughtless, I’m sorry if you ladies have to deal with that question. Tell them it’s none of their business, and that when you are having a baby, you will be sure to let them know but until then it’s not up for discussion!

Reactions: 8
I have only just started TTC but have been married for just over 1.5 years and was shocked by how many people think it’s acceptable to ask when we were having children. I pointed out to some people how inappropriate of a question that is, I’ve directly said what if we were trying to conceive and hadn’t been able to yet?

It’s so so thoughtless, I’m sorry if you ladies have to deal with that question. Tell them it’s none of their business, and that when you are having a baby, you will be sure to let them know but until then it’s not up for discussion!
I had this exact question earlier today when I bumped into a distant relative that I’ve not seen for over a year in the middle of a busy supermarket! I was so upset but it turned to rage the further round the aisles I got! So so thoughtless! It’s usually women that ask as well!? Like where is the thought!

Anyway it’s a new cycle for me today... trying not to use OPK’s etc this month, want to try and not stress myself out reading into lines and flashing smileys - trying to think what will be will be! Fingers crossed 🤞🏼 How do you all distract yourself from testing? (if you do!) I tell myself I won’t test and then I find myself in the bathroom with a stick in my hand!

Oh yes. We were married 4 years when we had our son & were “watched” for all of those 4 years, had all the questions & comments. We actually weren’t trying at all for 2 of those years so I passed no heed but my gosh when you’re trying & getting the comments it just stings so bad. Fair play in pulling them up on it, they should be made to feel awkward back for asking something so hurtful, regardless how well intentioned.

I’ve a friend who’s got pregnant the two times she tried & I want to scream which is so unfair & isnt her fault but I’m finding it very hard to cope with her baby chat at the moment. Also going through a hard time with work & just general life that I don’t even have the energy to DTD which is critical to the baby making process obvs 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 7
So funny you just starting talking about the vaccine and cycle changes as I was just coming on to this thread to ask about it...

Ive had both vaccinations and normally cycles are very regular, my last cycle was abnormal and I felt I ovulated later and then my period was late. My cycle was about 35 days I think and normally it’s 28-29 days. I’m hoping it was a one off ☹ I’ll find it really difficult if my cycles start becoming very irregular.

As for baby showers, I’m so with you! I’ve got one next week and my anxiety is through the roof as I know conversation will turn to me, when will I have a baby, why haven’t I got a baby yet etch. I just want to cancel. It’s not a close friend either. I don’t mind talking about it with my close friends, not ex colleagues 😭
Oh god that's worried me. I hope it's just a short term thing that will stress me out a lot 😔 did the cycles go funny straight away after the first vaccine? What one did you have? I had Pfizer x

It is rude. The last couple of times someone has asked I have said 'we have been trying for a long time now and it's not happening, currently having tests' that shut them up. Then they feel uncomfortable. But so they should.
I'm not usually all open for people knowing but the question really annoys me. What if I'd just had a miscarriage, or been told I couldn't have children?! Plus not all women want children.

And men are never really asked about babies constantly like women are either. That annoys me too😂

• Heart
I had AZ the week after my miscarriage and my period came back 4 weeks and 1 day after my MC...so don't think it affected me. Im due my second on 21st June and was wondering how happy id be to have it if I am pregnant again. I actually heard a nurse on the radio earlier saying her friend is a gyno and she said she would have no concerns if she said she was pregnant the day after having the jab. Not that this is the issue, I know people are talking about cycles, just word vomiting here 😂 sorry ladies. Im 5DPO and I feel so nauseous. Im a proper sicky pregnant person so hoping its a good sign. 🤞

• Heart
Oh god that's worried me. I hope it's just a short term thing that will stress me out a lot 😔 did the cycles go funny straight away after the first vaccine? What one did you have? I had Pfizer x

It is rude. The last couple of times someone has asked I have said 'we have been trying for a long time now and it's not happening, currently having tests' that shut them up. Then they feel uncomfortable. But so they should.
I'm not usually all open for people knowing but the question really annoys me. What if I'd just had a miscarriage, or been told I couldn't have children?! Plus not all women want children.

And men are never really asked about babies constantly like women are either. That annoys me too😂
I totally get this, I went back to work the week after having a miscarriage in 2018 and one of our elderly customers came in with a new grand baby and was proudly showing her off (as she should) and she asked when I was going to “pop one out” and I didn’t even manage to answer her I just had to walk away and cry in the bathroom. Thankfully my manager was also there and knew I had just had a MC so he explained the the lady. But you’d think someone with so many years under their belt would be more cautious of their words

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I totally get this, I went back to work the week after having a miscarriage in 2018 and one of our elderly customers came in with a new grand baby and was proudly showing her off (as she should) and she asked when I was going to “pop one out” and I didn’t even manage to answer her I just had to walk away and cry in the bathroom. Thankfully my manager was also there and knew I had just had a MC so he explained the the lady. But you’d think someone with so many years under their belt would be more cautious of their words
That must have been horrible. I hope that lady learnt from that too x
I had AZ the week after my miscarriage and my period came back 4 weeks and 1 day after my MC...so don't think it affected me. Im due my second on 21st June and was wondering how happy id be to have it if I am pregnant again. I actually heard a nurse on the radio earlier saying her friend is a gyno and she said she would have no concerns if she said she was pregnant the day after having the jab. Not that this is the issue, I know people are talking about cycles, just word vomiting here 😂 sorry ladies. Im 5DPO and I feel so nauseous. Im a proper sicky pregnant person so hoping its a good sign. 🤞
That's good to know!
Fingers crossed for you x x

Hi everyone! I need some help! I have posted my 3 OPKs bottom one is from last Tuesday, middle is Thursday and top one was Saturday.. I know I should have taken these every day but I just haven’t had the time etc and I’m no longer working from home so back in the office! I give up temping as I’m a very restless sleeper and I’m up with my little boy through the night for toilet runs! Suppose I want to know if people think my peak was Thursday? Or round about then? I’m not an expert on these things btw! Thanks you xxxx

Forgot to attach lol... here they are xx

Attachments

Hi everyone! I need some help! I have posted my 3 OPKs bottom one is from last Tuesday, middle is Thursday and top one was Saturday.. I know I should have taken these every day but I just haven’t had the time etc and I’m no longer working from home so back in the office! I give up temping as I’m a very restless sleeper and I’m up with my little boy through the night for toilet runs! Suppose I want to know if people think my peak was Thursday? Or round about then? I’m not an expert on these things btw! Thanks you xxxx

Forgot to attach lol... here they are xx
Middle is darkest but it wokkd be hard to pinpoint without it being every day as your surge can be rapid (over one day) or be over a few days. Out of those tests, Thursday looks darkest to me

Middle is darkest but it wokkd be hard to pinpoint without it being every day as your surge can be rapid (over one day) or be over a few days. Out of those tests, Thursday looks darkest to me
Thanks for your reply! I did think this! I was going to take more but have ran out! I have had mucas changes over the weekend so this could have possibly been my fertile window. I suppose now I’m in my 2ww. I have no pregnancy tests in this month to test early as I’m waiting to see if AF comes on time. Testing early just makes me very stressed xx

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.