True ghost stories šŸ‘»

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I was a kid there was a huge billboard on the side of a local shopping centre and for a while the ad on it was for Sandeman Port. I was absolutely and utterly TERRIFIED of the man. The billboard was bad enough, but if I saw the port in the supermarket, it would freak me out Then an ad started on tv and I was hysterical.
I'd never had a reaction like that to anything else.

It was only years later as an adult that I read about Hat Man, and wondered was there something more to my horrific fear of Sandeman.

View attachment 339580
I'm friends with the Sandeman family. Remember the kids having alllll the merchandise back in the early 2000s and it creeped me out too! (Never told them this...maybe I should?!) - Not sure on the history of the image. I've always assumed it's just a silhouette of a cape wearing port drinker.

Reactions: 2
I lost one of my dogs two months ago suddenly from a massive heart attack when he was taken in minutes with nothing we could do for him. The other morning I came downstairs early just as it was getting light and I swear I saw him lying under the coat rack in the hallway exactly where he used to lie gently puffing like he always did. He has'nt left me after all I guess :)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
Our precious cat passed away on the weekend, just as we were waiting in the carpark for the after hours vet to arrive (he passed in the boot of our car). We are beyond devastated as he was very much our baby and had been with us since 2007! (We adopted him as a mature rescue).

I told my husband we'd have to leave our outside lights on so he could find his way back home; well, he certainly did, as on Monday (two days later), I awoke to feel him snuggling on my pillow beside my head (that warm, furry familiar feeling was very real), as he always did. I reached out to touch him, which made him (the feeling) disappear. Although I haven't felt him on my pillow again, I do catch sight of him out the corner of my eye constantly. We are continuing to lay down his plate at dinner time (with nothing on it), which we will keep doing for the next wee while.

I know our dogs can see / sense him, as they look towards spaces he liked to sit and lie, and one even wagged his tail at something that wasn't there (that I could see), today.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Our Chip passed in November after having dementia and other age associated illnesses, he slipped into a coma on the kitchen floor and he went over in the vets with me telling him that it was ok and to find his partner and best friend, he was 15 and a beautiful brindle staffy with a heart of pure gold, everyone loved Chip. Anyway on the day his ashes came home, I saw him in the kitchen, just as he was before he got ill, a big fat sausage, he winked at me and he disappeared, I think it was his way of telling me that it was the right thing to do. Sophie and Ziggy occasionally see him, but I am cheered by his presence and will always remember him.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
This isnā€™t a ghost story at all but I put the dishwasher on about an hour before I left the house today and as I was shutting the door I thought to myself ā€œoh the dishwashers still on, maybe I should wait until it finishesā€ (my mum recently told me not to leave the dishwasher on over night etc as so many fires happen from dishwashers which I had no idea about!) but then I was like ā€œnah itā€™ll be finished in 10 and Iā€™ve really got to goā€ā€¦

Literally been out all day and when I got home just now the dishwasher was still on?!!?! It must have been running all day! Iā€™ve literally never ever given it a second thought before leaving the house so I feel like I had some kind of weird premonition! šŸ˜… feeling actually a tad freaked out by it but yeah, weird!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
This isnā€™t a ghost story at all but I put the dishwasher on about an hour before I left the house today and as I was shutting the door I thought to myself ā€œoh the dishwashers still on, maybe I should wait until it finishesā€ (my mum recently told me not to leave the dishwasher on over night etc as so many fires happen from dishwashers which I had no idea about!) but then I was like ā€œnah itā€™ll be finished in 10 and Iā€™ve really got to goā€ā€¦

Literally been out all day and when I got home just now the dishwasher was still on?!!?! It must have been running all day! Iā€™ve literally never ever given it a second thought before leaving the house so I feel like I had some kind of weird premonition! šŸ˜… feeling actually a tad freaked out by it but yeah, weird!
Whaaaat?! How weird!!!

Iā€™ve said before about how our kitchen speaker plus random music on Spotify all the time. Doesnā€™t do it for ages and then today I had to go back into the house to grab my mask and I was putting something away and as I turned to leave the kitchen the speaker came on by itself again šŸ˜‚šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Is there anything ye have done to have those you miss and love visit you? Whether it a state of mind or frankly, anything, I'd go something to put ma mind at ease.

Reactions: 3
Is there anything ye have done to have those you miss and love visit you? Whether it a state of mind or frankly, anything, I'd go something to put ma mind at ease.
If you are more open and searching you are more than likely to accept the signs. The traditional robins, butterflies and white feathers. I recently told a client that her father in law was sending bumble bees for her daughter. Another client I told his dad was making a football photo he has hanging up wonky xx

Reactions: 11
We have a little Google mini device in our kitchen that talks often during the night which is really odd. It's only activated by someone saying, "Hey Google," or "Hi Google," at which point it asks how it can help, which you can ask it a question and it responds. But often we get woken up to hear it answering random stuff - not by us, as we've been in bed. So strange.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
We have a little Google mini device in our kitchen that talks often during the night which is really odd. It's only activated by someone saying, "Hey Google," or "Hi Google," at which point it asks how it can help, which you can ask it a question and it responds. But often we get woken up to hear it answering random stuff - not by us, as we've been in bed. So strange.
My Alexa does the same in the kitchen (where I often see a child out of the corner of my eye). Yesterday we were in the lounge & heard Alexa talking about T-Rexs & roaring šŸ˜‚šŸ™ˆ

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
ours isnā€™t a smart speaker but it plays the same type of music. Itā€™s instrumental, with bizarre titles like ā€˜enchantedā€™ or ā€˜homecomingā€™ and artists Iā€™d never heard or or searched for. I canā€™t workout how it does it as Iā€™ve changed our WiFi password and my Spotify log in. Iā€™ve come to accept it now as our normal but every now and then weā€™ll all be stood in the kitchen and it just pops on

Reactions: 7
We had our Alexa randomly play ā€˜daisy, daisy, give me your answer doā€™ itā€™s was the creepiest rendition of it too

• Wow
Reactions: 30
My Google home mini thing is quite basic - you have to actually say hello to it to prompt it into action, and half the time I have to repeat my question because it doesn't catch what I'm saying (once it's delivered the answer it goes to sleep until you say hello to it again) ... so I find it especially weird that it just operates randomly during the night.

Last night, I was up until quite late putting things away and the house was very, very quiet. All of a sudden it started telling me about someone who I've never heard of (when I Googled on my computer it was some historical figure to do with women's rights). So, so strange. I've never looked this person up previously (nor is my husband likely to have done), so I can't even attribute it to my Google mini going through my search history on my computer.

My husband wants me to switch it off as he finds it annoying, but I find it helpful in the kitchen when I'm cooking and have questions about measurements, etc.

Reactions: 6
We had our Alexa randomly play ā€˜daisy, daisy, give me your answer doā€™ itā€™s was the creepiest rendition of it too
ooohhh I think I know the version you mean! They use it a lot on tiktok for spooky stuff. That would freak me out!

ooohhh I think I know the version you mean! They use it a lot on tiktok for spooky stuff. That would freak me out!
Machines playing Daisy Daisy is interesting. It was the first song sang by a computer in the 60s.
And it was used in the film 2001: A Space Odyssey when a computer (Hal) took over a space ship. It sang it when it was being closed down. So wierd connections with computers šŸ˜¬
Is this the version you heard @Jellybean093? (Good name!)

• Heart
I often see my Great Grandad who passed when I was 6 - I remember him vividly though. When I lived with my now-ex boyfriend, Iā€™m 100% certain my grandad stood at the living room door: prior to seeing him, I heard footsteps waking down the stairs and then the door opened and he was stood there. It was only me in the house at the time. Iā€™ve moved back home since and I see him in my bedroom at the end of the bed. I think heā€™s my guardian angel looking over me. I have read about Hat Man (warning: quite scary to look at) and Iā€™ve seen this figure for most of my life. Anyone know anything about Hat Man?
Blimey. I didn't even know Hat Man was a thing until reading that but I used to see him all the time in my 20's. I always just thought it was weird dreams as it was only when I was asleep but he was always following me, I couldn't get away from him and I couldn't see his face. Even down to the fedora and trenchcoat!! How weird is that? I'm going to have to look more into it.

• Wow
Machines playing Daisy Daisy is interesting. It was the first song sang by a computer in the 60s.
And it was used in the film 2001: A Space Odyssey when a computer (Hal) took over a space ship. It sang it when it was being closed down. So wierd connections with computers šŸ˜¬

Yes it is an Alexa "easter egg" (hidden surprise for geeks) that it will sing Daisy Daisy, in homage to that scene in 2001.

Reactions: 5

I think it was just Alexa singing it. Will have to relisten. I canā€™t even listen to that you tube šŸ˜‚ Iā€™m such a wimp!
Best names šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Blimey. I didn't even know Hat Man was a thing until reading that but I used to see him all the time in my 20's. I always just thought it was weird dreams as it was only when I was asleep but he was always following me, I couldn't get away from him and I couldn't see his face. Even down to the fedora and trenchcoat!! How weird is that? I'm going to have to look more into it.
I saw the hat man in my previous house. What does it mean? Will look into it too.

I was wide awake when I saw him.

Reactions: 3
I often see my Great Grandad who passed when I was 6 - I remember him vividly though. When I lived with my now-ex boyfriend, Iā€™m 100% certain my grandad stood at the living room door: prior to seeing him, I heard footsteps waking down the stairs and then the door opened and he was stood there. It was only me in the house at the time. Iā€™ve moved back home since and I see him in my bedroom at the end of the bed. I think heā€™s my guardian angel looking over me. I have read about Hat Man (warning: quite scary to look at) and Iā€™ve seen this figure for most of my life. Anyone know anything about Hat Man?
Oh my goodness! When my daughter was younger, maybe 3/4 she was screaming for me in the middle of the night. Iā€™m a scardey cat, so I let her come to me (my house was 100% haunted!) anyway, discussing it maybe a few days/weeks later, and she described someone standing in the corner of her room wearing a top hat šŸ˜±

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.