True Crime Podcasts

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Dan Markel one is awful, cannot believe that Wendy has managed to escape justice. It is so obvious that she knew something was going to happen, the house was packed up for moving.

Reactions: 3
The Dan Markel one is awful, cannot believe that Wendy has managed to escape justice. It is so obvious that she knew something was going to happen, the house was packed up for moving.
Well they've only just arrested her mother Donna so I wonder if it is coming to her in time.

Reactions: 2
Anyone else listening to The Price of Paradise? I'm only 3 episodes in and it's crazy. Hosted by Alice Levine from British Scandal.
I've never heard anything like it before.
On episode 3. Batshit. The confidence of the pig ignorant eh.

Thanks for recommending this, I'm hooked. I was telling my friend about it and she said the story sounded familiar and she's sure we watched the Channel 4 show at the time but I don't remember it at all!
I’m currently listening! Jayne sounds like a totally psychopath at points

Don’t know if it’s been suggested here (apologies if it has) but I listened to the Mushroom Cook this week about Erin Patterson in Australia who will stand trial for killing 3 ex in-laws with poisonous mushrooms in a beef wellington. She’s also been charged with 5 counts of attempted murder of ex husband. There’s about 5 or 6 eps now and they will do episodes on the court case too a bit like the Lucy Letby podcast. Fascinating case, worth a listen.

Reactions: 5
I have a few podcasts which I’ve never managed to get into - maybe the starts aren’t great or may be I wasn’t in the right place to start them, can I ask, do I delete these or are they still recommended for another try?
Murder in Mauritius
The Nobody Zone
End of Days
Seventeen Years
Root of Evil
The Commune
Pig Iron

Reactions: 1
Root of evil is the only one I’ve listened to out of that list, but it was unbelievable.

A difficult listen at times but really admire the sisters who did the deep dive, the investigative elements of it are really great. I’d definitely recommend. Just take breaks between episodes because it is very intense and heartbreaking
---
At best she’s incredibly unlikeable! I wish it was all out so I could binge it, I’m really really enjoying it!
Alice Lavine has such a great voice, and her commentary is so funny.

I started listening to “Hitler’s Angel” because I find her so funny, it’s not a topic I’d otherwise normally listen to.

There are lots of other topics besides Hitler's Angel on British Scsndal. They do the Profumo affair, the Sex Pistols, some guy who pretended he could sail and made a mess of it plus many others, all with Alice's lovely voice and humour.

There are lots of other topics besides Hitler's Angel on British Scsndal. They do the Profumo affair, the Sex Pistols, some guy who pretended he could sail and made a mess of it plus many others, all with Alice's lovely voice and humour.
Funnily enough I listed to hitlers angel last week and thoroughly enjoyed it, I’ve since listened to the Jeremy Thorpe case too and was pleasantly surprised (by the podcast, not the subject!) Definitely going to make my way through some more British scandal.

Season 2 of Boy In The Water is really good
Started listening to this a few days ago and I'm a few episodes into S2. A very odd story. I have my own theory as to what happened, I wonder will the truth come out? I haven't googled any news articles yet.

Not quite true crime but Blame It On The Fame (the Milli Vanilli story) is really good. I mean, I guess there were criminal activities in a way by hoodwinking the record buying public and it's fascinating the lengths they went to not allowing the two men to sing themselves.
Highly recommend if you need a break from murder and mayhem.

Reactions: 4
If anyone has audible there’s some of John Glatt’s collection available in the ‘included in membership’ catalogue at the moment. Binged 3 over the last few days due to stressful time! Chris Watts, Fritzel case and Jaycee Lee Duggard. I found them to be like extended true crime podcasts as very deep dive and well researched. Not for everyone but if you are in a pickle like I am and need a distraction then I do recommend.

Reactions: 4