Trinny Woodall and Trinny London products

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Something being “natural” doesn’t mean it is good, I don’t blame her for not wanting to look or feel “old.” I feel like a fair amount of the criticism she gets is because she’s seen as having somehow cheated by being able to afford to not look the way most women her age do (kind of like Martha Stewart and Madonna got)

That said, she seems like she’s always been insecure about age. On What Not to Wear she often told women in their 30s and even 20s that they looked “too old” to dress a certain way and in one of the tie-in books she made comments about Susannah needing Botox. There was one episode with a woman in her late 40s who was judged to have too youthful a dress sense and Trinny went on about how this poor woman had wrinkles and eye bags and spider veins etc and needed to cover it all up, carrying on like this was an 80-year-old

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Something being “natural” doesn’t mean it is good, I don’t blame her for not wanting to look or feel “old.” I feel like a fair amount of the criticism she gets is because she’s seen as having somehow cheated by being able to afford to not look the way most women her age do (kind of like Martha Stewart and Madonna got)
Me neither, it's not surprising given she works in fashion/beauty and that world is notoriously youth focused. I credit Trinny for admitting she's had work done and having it done well, for the most part (a gentler touch on the lip filler is needed). Madonna is only a few years older than Trinny and looks scary and plastic-y.

The one thing I find hilarious though is Trinny's obsession with health/aging and yet she smokes! All the facial yoga and carrot smoothies and Pilates bootcamps won't do much against the aging impact of smoking on the face/teeth/lips, not to mention the lungs and heart.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This really rubbed me the wrong way. Someone whose face looks like a ghoul listing all the ways a woman is ‘less than’ after menopause.

I’d say there are a lot worse things than being old, such as being incredibly vain.

IMG_4406.jpeg

Reactions: 10
This really rubbed me the wrong way. Someone whose face looks like a ghoul listing all the ways a woman is ‘less than’ after menopause.

I’d say there are a lot worse things than being old, such as being incredibly vain.

View attachment 2694931
She parrots lines about "women don't need the same levels of hormones at 50 as we did at 20 or 30! Your body's not supposed to make them any more!" We don't know this is true because it has never been studied! There is so little research into how the ovaries work and how menopause happens, and basically none (even in animals) as to the safety/efficiency of higher doses of HRT - despite recent evidence emerging that it isn't as much of a cancer risk as was previously believed. She's the last person to be telling women how they should feel about menopause

Reactions: 9
The whole ‘getting up off the floor without using our hands’ was a nauseating display of vanity.

Women aren’t a homogenous group. They can’t all afford to fill their faces with Botox and fillers, slap on expensive skin care, and employ a personal trainer. Staying alive is the priority of many women, not fretting about getting old.

And I hate to tell Trinny and the ghoul but they don’t look young. They look old because they ARE old. And they also look a bit ridiculous and freakish.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
The whole ‘getting up off the floor without using our hands’ was a nauseating display of vanity.

Women aren’t a homogenous group. They can’t all afford to fill their faces with Botox and fillers, slap on expensive skin care, and employ a personal trainer. Staying alive is the priority of many women, not fretting about getting old.

And I hate to tell Trinny and the ghoul but they don’t look young. They look old because they ARE old. And they also look a bit ridiculous and freakish.
Even the outfit, tbh. It shows the difference between an outfit, modelled standing in front of the mirror, vs. „Out in the wild“, in other, more natural positions, with other people besides you, in which it seems a bit out of place and try hard. ).

Reactions: 4
OMG, I fast-forwarded to that part and it was beyond ridiculous. Trinny was trying to sound so authoritative about this "test" while Dr. Erika seemed bewildered (as a physician she knows there's absolutely no scientific basis to it). I'm getting a bit tired of Trinny always trying to come across as the expert on all things for all people, especially in the health/nutrition realm.

Reactions: 6
I posted a couple of days ago that all I want to see from Kat Farmer (DMBL40) is clothes, shoes and bags. Nothing else about her really interests me.

From Trinny, I want to see make up, clothes, shoes and bags. A little bit of day to day padding for context.

If I want health, well-being, exercise and nutrition information, I won’t be looking at an Instagram fashion account. 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 15

View attachment 2694931
Sometimes she really reminds me of a Roman Emperor with those huge silver bangles 😂 That ring could take someone out too!

"The ghoul" 😂 I agree with everything you've said.

Reactions: 2
My group chat with my friends has blown up over this, too.

I have friends who have had breast cancer, who have mobility issues from MS, who have left abusive relationships, and who have various disabilities. None of them are measuring the quality of their life by whether they look younger than their age or whether they can stand up without using their hands. None of them feel less than after menopause. Many enjoy the lack of male ogling and finally being able to say what they think.

I rate Trinny’s makeup and used to really love her fashion content, but I’m not enjoying the skeletal, desperate post-Saatchi Trinny.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

I have friends who have had breast cancer, who have mobility issues from MS, who have left abusive relationships, and who have various disabilities. None of them are measuring the quality of their life by whether they look younger than their age or whether they can stand up without using their hands. None of them feel less than after menopause. Many enjoy the lack of male ogling and finally being able to say what they think.

I rate Trinny’s makeup and used to really love her fashion content, but I’m not enjoying the skeletal, desperate post-Saatchi Trinny.
Trinny is just incredibly superficial, sadly. I recently heard someone talk about how "flattering" always means looking thinner, younger or taller than you actually are and I immediately thought, Trinny is all about that nonsense! Aging is a gift and not guaranteed. Life is too short to be counting out almonds and buying boatloads of Zara in an attempt to look young and thin. I'm all for self-care but she really takes the cake. I can't get over the contrast between her superficial life (all about shopping, clothes, anti-aging treatments, Zara hauls) and how Trinny London is apparently a toxic and demoralizing work environment. Take some of that energy and work to improve your company!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I agree, she really is quite desperate and ‘thirsty’ post Satchi. I think it’s quite sad. QUOTE="Libertine, post: 18071663, member: 3870"]

[/QUOTE]

Didn’t she hint she was going on a date the other day when she did a day to night thing on her insta? Or I maybe misunderstood that completely 😆

She’s def dating… I’m sure she said she was ready to on one of her lives and as we know what trinny wants, trinny gets.
Didn’t she hint she was going on a date the other day when she did a day to night thing on her insta? Or I maybe misunderstood that completely 😆

I enjoy Trinny’s fashion content but she’s a sucker for ‘woo woo’ treatments & pseudo science. She can do what she wants with her own face & body, but with her big platform & cult-like followers she needs to be more responsible & tread carefully about what she recommends. With all the time & money she spends on looking good, it’s interesting how underwhelming the result can be. She doesn’t look younger, she just has that uncanny valley ‘ageless’ look of too many tweakments. I’d far rather see her ageing with style as she is a beautiful woman who could be a great role model for other midlife women.

Reactions: 9