Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ellerose

I honestly don’t think she cares about the history of tattooing or anyone else’s experiences. She comes across as someone who only got tattoos because she thought it’d make her a little bit ‘cooler’.
I also completely agree about people in the tattoo industry probably not wanting to be associated with her. As I mentioned before, I work in the industry and I find her incredibly cringey and embarrassing.
It does seem as though she’s replaced Yasmin with her boyfriends sister too, although not necessarily a bad thing and Yasmin is absolutely foul mouthed and vile!

Reactions: 4

Ellerose

surely Treacle can train as one? She's annoying AF but at least she looks the part :)
If she came to me and asked for an apprenticeship I’d refuse point blank instantly on the basis of her channel and how she thinks she knows everything already.
I think she’s struggle most places because of this. She’s too arrogant and know-it-all and full of false and outdated information.

• Heart

VintageKitsune

Oh god, so she's gotten even worse and thinks she can speak for POC now? For someone with a bunch of hideous tattoos, she should really check herself before she belittles everyone else's tattoos. I also hate how she picks apart any tattoo style she doesn't personally have/like.
She recently did an interview with things&ink magazine and she addresses this. I'll let her words speak for themselves.
"At the moment I’m trying to create more awareness for black and POC in the tattoo industry! There’s a lack of representation so I want to use my platform to celebrate POC tattoo artists and those that tattoo on darker skin tones!"
She fails to mention that she also is the sole arbiter for what is deemed as racist, doesn't give artists a chance to even explain themselves if she gets the wrong end of the stick and has actively tried to ruin careers for tattoo artists she deems racist. She could do a lot of good with her platform, yet what concerns me is that she equates celebrating POC and tattooing with bashing white artists that havent been extensively researched, which can lead to negative associations between positive discrimination and the inclusion of diversity in the tattoo community. It seems to me that her heart is in the right place, but she isn't quite hitting the mark, coming off as preachy rather than informative, and she appears to have a white saviour complex even if that's not her intention. I'm not a POC, so I can't comment on how I feel about her videos but that's my take on the situation.

Last edited:

Tilly Kister

VIP Member
I mean, I’m over 30, heavily tattooed (even more so than our treacle twat) and I personally think my tatttoos look pretty damn good tbh 😂.
I’m also a tattooist so see plenty of tattoos/tattooed people and the older tattoos and the older generation of people getting tattooed can look really awesome, a lot of them even better than younger people because they’ve tended to put a lot more thought into them rather than trying to cover their bodies for the sake of following the current trend of being heavily tattooed and looking ‘cool’
My uncle was a merchant seaman and he had the classic collection of tattoos he'd got as he sailed around the world in the 1950s/1960s/70s. They were all American trad style, sailing ships, an anchor, a Hawaiian pin-up girl, he actually had a heart with "mother" inside. I can recall so clearly sitting on his lap as a child while he flexed his wiry forearm muscles making that Hawaiian lady dance for us. Telling me all about where he was when he got it and the small, long closed tattoo shops he'd got them from. When my own children were small and he was in his 70s, he could still do it though he'd laugh and say they were both slowing down. It entranced them every bit as much as it had me.

Another fine example of an older person whose tattoos still looked cool af till the day he died was Lemmy btw.

1657677309535.png

Tattoos which have faded, stretched, blown-out or blurred over time are to me like wrinkles. They are lines on the map of your life. They tell a story which is as much if not more about you as the tattoo was the day you got it. When you were young and smooth and sleek both your body and your ink were shinier, sure. Just as a fine piece of furniture was shinier when the craftsman first made in in 1900, but it's the patina which develops with age that makes it unique and adds the real value.

• Heart

Tilly Kister

VIP Member
If she had any style or flair or talent for social media, getting a job within the tattoo industry would be a really natural transition for her as the YouTube gig dries up. A lot of once quite viable YouTubers have become media advisors for people within a related industry as their channel audience ebbed. Audiences always ebb. People with a brain know this going into it and make plans, they establish contacts, they form companies and build them so they have a smooth pathway to something else. She really a[ears to have been cruising along convince that her dim little spotlight will last forever. If she had any respect at all within the industry she'd have been interviewing up and coming artists, doing features on tattoo conventions, collaborating with other tattoo channels. But there has never been a sign of that and I have to assume it's because anyone at all with any sort of standing in the business doesn't want to be allied with her on any level. You notice she never ever vlogs her sessions? She talks about them before and she shows what she got after but the process itself, which would be a shitload more interesting as content than her droning on about it, is absent.

You can bet your bum it's because the artists deny her permission to film them working on her. They don't want the ignominy of close association with her low rent channel is my guess.

Ellerose

I mean, I don’t think there’s anything wrong her (or anyone else) covering themselves in tattoos until they run out of skin if that’s what they want to do. She does come across as only getting herself heavily tattooed because she desperately wants to look/be cool though. She needs to realise that being heavily tattooed isn’t a personality trait because she seems to revolve her life around it. Even actual tattoo artists don’t do that 😂

Tilly Kister

VIP Member
She just doesn't do anything even vaguely interesting. For all the weeping and wailing she did at one point about POC being excluded from modern tattooing, she's never tried to do an overview of the history of tattooing and how it was literally invented by POC (and the Scots) She doesn't ask to interview any of the artists who work on her own tattoos. To ask about how they got their start n the industry and what it took to get their own studios etc. Though tbf maybe she has asked and it's just that none of them want to be that closely associated with her or her tatty channel.

She doesn't try talking to other heavily tattooed people about the reasons why they first chose to get a tattoo and why they decided to continue getting them. Or how being tattooed has had positive and/or negative impacts on their lives - did it result in employment discrimination or lead to them meeting like minded people they've formed strong bonds with or even opened up really interesting employment opportunities to them as it did for her. what was the experience of older people with tattoos as opposed to the experiences of younger people in terms of it once being a real subculture with very clear-cut working class associations and now becoming very mainstream and much more dominated by middle class people.

She's dull and dumb and unimaginative and so completely self obsessed. It's all "This is me and this is my tattoo and this is my experience of being tattooed and this is a tattoo I like and this is a tattoo I dislike and this is what I approve of in tattooing and this is what I disapprove of."
You're not very interesting Lauren and you're really inarticulate, so making it all about you is just bloody boring.

Finally - wtf is the potato trope she has going on - does anyone know? Apart from she has an obvious affinity with potatoes because they have very similar IQs and personalities.

Tilly Kister

VIP Member
As someone who has built her YouTube channel about researching tattoo studios and getting quality work done, is this really the best tattoo artist she could find in Canada?
I've never seen any evidence of her having quality work done, tbh. That looks well down to her standards.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
That’s shocking, I don’t know who she thinks she is. I hope you’re okay and it didn’t affect you too much! I can’t understand how people support her, she has the worst attitude ever.
it was very hurtful the way I was treated, but I got over it, and I still love my tattoox

Ellerose

Getting her palm tattooed was one of the proudest moments of her life according to that video! 😂.
Not actual meaningful things like making a living from YouTube or settling down into what looks like a healthy and happy relationship with a nice home, or even being proud of herself for dealing with the loss of a parent or coping with her terrible breakup. Nope, for Lauren it’s getting a tattoo 🙄.
Dont get me wrong, palm tattoos bloody hurt but to class it as the proudest moment of her life is one of the saddest and most tragic things I’ve heard her say.
The sooner she realises that being heavily tattooed isn’t a personality trait the better!

• Heart
  • Haha

soph30

VIP Member
I think tangents are okay for the Lauren thread, not sure we’re ever going to get to 50 pages before her channel dies a death 😂

• Haha

Flash

I had been wanting a tattoo of this for awhile, and I was honeymoon with my husband and I just decided to get a design I had found on the internet. I was before o knew tattoo copying is a huge no no. But way they were talking to me it was as if I had Murder Ed someone, all I did was getting a tattoo. I still love my tattoo x
Ugh she’s so self righteous and seems to think she’s the defining authority on all things tattoo related 😤 Sorry to hear you had that experience 😔

I love tattoos and am really interested in different styles, what people choose to get tattooed etc which is how I discovered her. But sadly the greater a following she’s gained, the more she manages to suck the joy out of it (imo anyway)

surgoood

Oh she is absolutely a hypocrite. “My body my choice” but then makes a whole video on why an Amber Heard/JD tattoo somebody got was “offensive” and should have never been done.

What on Earth it had to do with her I have no idea.

• Heart

Ellerose

She's started an ASMR channel... wtf 😂 I just watched it and she ain't even whispering!
I just watched 5 mins of the first vid.
Wtf! She’s just talking slightly lower in her awful manly, yet somehow squeaky, grating voice. And that flat laugh she does is in no way relaxing at all!
I wonder if her main channel isn’t doing as well as it once was and perhaps she needs to up her game a bit before she’s forced to enter the real world and try to find a normal job!!

• Haha

soph30

VIP Member
On another note she never seems to do anything any more? There’s plenty of tattoo conventions coming up and she doesn’t go on trips. Just takes photos of herself in the mirror :)

hallandoatmilk

Chatty Member
I feel like she genuinely considers herself an expert on all things tattooing and acts like an authority. There’s a place for tattoo advice from non-artists like what to do when booking an appointment, how to heal a tattoo, the different styles, etc. But her “etiquette” videos make me side eyes her because who are any of us as non-artists to say what is and isn’t correct etiquette when getting tattooed.

This really jumped out at me when she gave out about that studio in Wales that was more old school. Like getting annoyed that the artists weren’t entertaining you?? Let them do their jobs how they feel comfortable, that’s etiquette.

• Haha

lupanda

I looked up this girl yesterday after seeing this thread…

‘Tattoo enthusiast’ … does she really think that makes her qualified to talk shit about other tattoos and give advice like she’s an artist? I have a decent amount of tattoos, my husband is very heavily tattooed (probably more than she is), and I asked if he’d consider himself someone who was qualified to do that and he was like “fuck no”.

I watched one video but can’t stand her based on that 😂 Can tell she really thinks she’s something…

• Haha

Ellerose

View attachment 1931316you're not a tattooist, why not give ACTUAL tattooists the top hit when this is searched for? She has lots of followers so hers will be the top hit, not a tattoo studio's YouTube channel..
As an actual tattooist, not just somebody who likes them, videos like this from her make me laugh so much! Granted, I’ve not watched this one, but I fail to see how somebody who doesn’t actually work in the industry can say with absolute certainty, what is a red flag for someone who does. It’s like the ‘how to get an apprenticeship’ video she did a few years ago - how can somebody who has never even tried to get an apprenticeship, give accurate advice on how to get one!
It’s like me doing a video on how to become a mechanic because I like cars, or how to become a brain surgeon because I worked in the coffee shop at a hospital and I like watching Holby City…🙄😂

• Haha