Trad Wives UK

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What is the shift in Lydia’s content people are seeing?
For me, her content has become a lot more slick and polished when I used to find her quite natural. It’s not necessarily a bad thing, and it seems to be the way of things the bigger your following gets, but I just preferred her before.

Reactions: 2
For me, her content has become a lot more slick and polished when I used to find her quite natural. It’s not necessarily a bad thing, and it seems to be the way of things the bigger your following gets, but I just preferred her before.
Could this be because she’s got more skills with editing etc? I didn’t follow her until late last year so not sure. Will have a look at some older posts.

I agree her overall style of content has changed but that is not what I find off-putting. I think she has begun to come across as very smug and self-important. She seems to regularly take time off Instagram and those announcements do smack of virtue signalling, and yet on Christmas Day she was posting non-stop, which I found very odd given her supposed values. Also, whilst I don't hold it against anyone to be proud of their weight loss, she makes a lot of allusions to it and is constantly doing what I can best describe as body checking, posting pictures/videos that focus on her tummy. Even today she has posted a clip of her putting an apron on and turning around in a way that emphasises her slimness. Like I said, I understand she's pleased but it's coming across to me as vanity now.

Reactions: 5
I had never heard of any of these people until I stumbled across this thread. Wow! I didn’t realise people like this existed 😂 The one thing I can tell you 100% is that the one who calls herself Mrswarscountryhome has a voice that is so fake it’s laughable. That Queen’s English pronunciation is totally put on. She‘s probably got a scouse or Broad Yorkshire or Estuary accent in real life!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Could this be because she’s got more skills with editing etc? I didn’t follow her until late last year so not sure. Will have a look at some older posts.
Every chance! Which is totally normal but I guess I just prefer content that feels bit more real. I still follow her though and don’t dislike her.

Reactions: 3
The remaining three of the Bleinham Circle have met up this weekend. Why can't I stop humming - the 10 green bottle song 🎵🎶..who will be the next Bleinham Circle Lady to accidentally fall 👀.

Lydia seems very sugary sweet with Henhousehomemade and vice versa now.

I'm in total agreement with the poster on here saying Lydia's content has changed to vanity. I've stopped following her. Her account has changed to full on IG influencer.

The remaining three of the Bleinham Circle have met up this weekend. Why can't I stop humming - the 10 green bottle song 🎵🎶..who will be the next Bleinham Circle Lady to accidentally fall 👀.

I'm in total agreement with the poster on here saying Lydia's content has changed to vanity. I've stopped following her. Her account has changed to full on IG influencer.
I wish someone would ask about Alena. No one has commented about the Blenheim circle. Unless the ladies are deleting all their comments. If Alena has actually left social media for good I respect her a bit more.

Reactions: 1

BIB has hit the nail on the head. Has she always been this friendly with this nostalgic life (I forget her actual name)?

Mrs Large seems to me to be the only one of the Blenheim circle who feels truly authentic.

BIB has hit the nail on the head. Has she always been this friendly with this nostalgic life (I forget her actual name)?

Mrs Large seems to me to be the only one of the Blenheim circle who feels truly authentic.
Mrs Large isn't in the Bleinham Circle, never was.. Mrs Large is a vintage housewife account..she happens to be a neighbour of Lydia's so they share the same interests. And both attend the same WI Group.

Bleinham Circle members are now
Mrswarrscountryhome - Sian
Teapotsandtablecloths - Lydia
Thisnostalgiclife - Katrina
---
I too agree, Mrs Large's account does come across authentic..
---
I wish someone would ask about Alena. No one has commented about the Blenheim circle. Unless the ladies are deleting all their comments. If Alena has actually left social media for good I respect her a bit more.
[/QUOTE]

In all honesty..I had noticed way back into last year Alena dropped off the radar being mentioned on the other three's accounts..I just assumed it was because Alena had come of IG and didn't want any presence or mention on it at all. Maybe other followers think the same? It is this thread which has highlighted the fall outs to me.

If you look at the comments on Lydia & Sian's posts it is mainly the same women commenting blowing smoke up them. And, they only tend to reply to a select few followers comments now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Have you tried asking? See if it gets deleted then. I think it must be coming up to a year since Alena left IG now? I would want to be shot of all the cattiness going on with the Blenheim ladies too if I were her. She's still been updating in her Facebook group and mentioned that last year was hard so I get the feeling she won't be going back.

I’m hoping to come across one of them if they visit Beamish. I live a ten minute drive away and always go there 😂

• Heart
You lucky thing. I'd love to visit Beamish! I will get there one day.
I think we take it for granted really, it’s really lovely though!

Mind I have just spotted this, screams like catty behaviour to me, agreed with posters above all this dear heart’s nonsense and “twee” mannerisms just get on my nerves, I wonder if they ever just think f it and order a domino’s (and talk in their true accents instead of that ridiculous put on “posh” tone)

Attachments

• Wow
I think we take it for granted really, it’s really lovely though!

Mind I have just spotted this, screams like catty behaviour to me, agreed with posters above all this dear heart’s nonsense and “twee” mannerisms just get on my nerves, I wonder if they ever just think f it and order a domino’s (and talk in their true accents instead of that ridiculous put on “posh” tone)

Re the screenshot. Last year it was gushing comments like this about vintage friends and Alena and Michelle were included. What the hec has happened 🤔 😂.

Her Majesty is their heroine. As time has gone on Lydia & SIan have sounded more and more like her..more so Lydia, she also loves being told she looks like The Queen.

Re the screenshot. Last year it was gushing comments like this about vintage friends and Alena and Michelle were included. What the hec has happened 🤔 😂.

Her Majesty is their heroine. As time has gone on Lydia & SIan have sounded more and more like her..more so Lydia, she also loves being told she looks like The Queen.
I thought the video she posted over Christmas seemed to be modelling herself on The Queen's Christmas Speech. Very uppity.
---
I left the Facebook group a few months back - what’s she been saying?
I can't remember exactly and I can't find the post now. I just clocked that she'd said last year was hard and I wondered if it was because of the fall out with the others.

Last edited:
I thought the video she posted over Christmas seemed to be modelling herself on The Queen's Christmas Speech. Very uppity.
---

I can't remember exactly and I can't find the post now. I just clocked that she'd said last year was hard and I wondered if it was because of the fall out with the others.
Oh yes the video her sitting by the Christmas Tree, this was probably around the time I thought I'm bored with this account now. Too false. Shame because I did enjoy her account for a long time.

• Haha
The one thing I do respect Lydia for is not showing her children on SM, though I don’t think it will go down too well if they decide not to follow in her footsteps with the whole 1940’s upbringing. Agreed with the whole fees changing thing, I don’t mind her recipes and she seemed to just be a “nice” person (maybe not behind closed doors - who knows!) but now it’s all just too fake for my liking.

I wish something knew the scoop 🤣

Reactions: 4
Found it!
If she means me when she says cyberstalker she’s giving me much more credit than I deserve. I’m not committed enough for that life! But don’t worry Alena - I left your group a few months back so all is well :)
I still think it’s sad that they all fell out because they seemed great friends. But sadly that obviously wasn’t the case.