Trad Wives UK

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes she said she prefers Kate’s look and didn’t like wearing vintage styles and her husband didn’t like her in it either.
tbh Alena never carried the vintage look well unlike the others who curl their hair and go the whole mile with make up and the right corsetry etc. Oddly she was very scathing of (normal) people who didn’t ‘get’ the 1940s look when the Blenheim Circle were together in public.

I haven’t really seen much of Mrs Teapot but she reminds me of Snow White or a character on ‘Call the Midwife’ so rather cute.

Reactions: 4
If they are moving abroad in December time surely it’s a bit late to still not have sold their house?

Reactions: 1
Where they have moved to has beautiful sunshine and blue skies! They can’t sell their house so they must have a rainy day pot of money for this adventure.

Which account?
Her private Facebook group. I think she has work out in America which feels like it’s against what she is meant to stand for, wonder if that’s why she potentially has fallen out with the other ladies?

I wonder if a moderator would be able to merge this thread and The #tradwife movement one as there are many overlaps.

Her private Facebook group. I think she has work out in America which feels like it’s against what she is meant to stand for, wonder if that’s why she potentially has fallen out with the other ladies?

I wonder if a moderator would be able to merge this thread and The #tradwife movement one as there are many overlaps.
Has she fallen out with the other three Bleinham Circle ladies and where has her family relocated to ? Has her husband got a job overseas? If so, accommodation for them could be provided with the job so they will carry on marketing their UK home and sell from abroad. I've always felt Alena is a chameleon character and very fickle.

Has she fallen out with the other three Bleinham Circle ladies and where has her family relocated to ? Has her husband got a job overseas? If so, accommodation for them could be provided with the job so they will carry on marketing their UK home and sell from abroad. I've always felt Alena is a chameleon character and very fickle.
I think she must have - someone asked her several months ago if she was going to meet up with them before she moved and she said no. And none of the ladies have posted about her move on their social media or posted about her at all. One lady, Lydia, (teapotsandtablecloths) used to be part of Alena’s Facebook group and was quite active but left. This could mean nothing has changed but none of the ladies have referenced each other in months - if your dear friend was moving abroad wouldn’t you want to meet up with them before? And if you had an active, public social media account and your friend was also previously active on social media wouldn’t you make a post?
I’m not sure where they have moved to - they are keeping quite Mum on it. The house hasn’t been sold and it’s no onward chain so possible that they have accommodation elsewhere. House was last sold in 2001 so I’m wondering if the house belonged to a relative previously or was the house of Carl and his previous wife and child. I’ve not read it but someone on one of these threads said Alena’s husband was still married when they got together and he had a daughter.

I think she must have - someone asked her several months ago if she was going to meet up with them before she moved and she said no. And none of the ladies have posted about her move on their social media or posted about her at all. One lady, Lydia, (teapotsandtablecloths) used to be part of Alena’s Facebook group and was quite active but left. This could mean nothing has changed but none of the ladies have referenced each other in months - if your dear friend was moving abroad wouldn’t you want to meet up with them before? And if you had an active, public social media account and your friend was also previously active on social media wouldn’t you make a post?
I’m not sure where they have moved to - they are keeping quite Mum on it. The house hasn’t been sold and it’s no onward chain so possible that they have accommodation elsewhere. House was last sold in 2001 so I’m wondering if the house belonged to a relative previously or was the house of Carl and his previous wife and child. I’ve not read it but someone on one of these threads said Alena’s husband was still married when they got together and he had a daughter.

Interesting ! Would not be at all surprised if the friendship with Alena with the other three Bleinham ladies is over. For reasons I previously stated. I did view the IG posts of the Bleinham girls way back when they were thick as... thinking this won't last ! Alena is a very weak link. I wouldn't trust Alena, she does not give me trustworthy or wholesome vibes.
---
Maybe they inherited the house. The internal features are very dated, tasteless stone 70s fireplace...the interior decor is not period features to the 1940s or 1950s style. Mish mash old fashioned. If inherited, makes sense she's had the opportunity to be a SAHM. Not many women with a man where the partner/husband has been in a relationship or married before can stay at home due to the financial aspect. Unless said man is very well off of course!

Last edited:
It's clear that there must have been some sort of falling out as the Blenheim Circle Instagram account has been deleted and none of them make any mention of her anymore. I've seen all the other three meeting up in other ways etc, but it always seemed clear to me that she was the odd one out of the group. The other three all seem pretty genuine people and to have quite a bit of integrity about them all so I doubt any of them will dish the dirt on what happened. Whilst that makes the nosey part of me quite annoyed you've got to respect that I guess.

As someone else has said Alena was always the weak link. She wanted to spend and show off far more than the other three and I think she probably just saw that there was a lot of interest in vintage and thought she could ride the wave that they were on alongside without having to do much. Once she realised that 1940s housework actually involved work (which in fairness the other three do a fair amount of) she was off.

I don't think she will stay silent forever. When she craves some more attention she'll pop up. Probably first in local press for wherever she's gone either claiming that she was bullied out of the UK or that she's an etiquette expert having lived here, possibly modelling herself on Kate Middleton or something. That's who she seemed to want to style herself on before she dropped off Instagram.

Reactions: 3
It's clear that there must have been some sort of falling out as the Blenheim Circle Instagram account has been deleted and none of them make any mention of her anymore. I've seen all the other three meeting up in other ways etc, but it always seemed clear to me that she was the odd one out of the group. The other three all seem pretty genuine people and to have quite a bit of integrity about them all so I doubt any of them will dish the dirt on what happened. Whilst that makes the nosey part of me quite annoyed you've got to respect that I guess.

As someone else has said Alena was always the weak link. She wanted to spend and show off far more than the other three and I think she probably just saw that there was a lot of interest in vintage and thought she could ride the wave that they were on alongside without having to do much. Once she realised that 1940s housework actually involved work (which in fairness the other three do a fair amount of) she was off.

I don't think she will stay silent forever. When she craves some more attention she'll pop up. Probably first in local press for wherever she's gone either claiming that she was bullied out of the UK or that she's an etiquette expert having lived here, possibly modelling herself on Kate Middleton or something. That's who she seemed to want to style herself on before she dropped off Instagram.
Wonder if Alena selling off her Berylware that Mrswarrscountryhome (Sian) gifted her caused the rift. She posted it was for sale in a FB Utility China Group..the others must have seen it. I'd have been so upset if a friend of mine did what she did... Then again, no surprise at all Alena did this. You're right..she will re invent herself abroad, possibly the English Rose, Kate Middleton type ! Hmm I wonder why she was bullied in the workplace 🤔. You can so see why, she isn't a nice genuine woman

Interesting ! Would not be at all surprised if the friendship with Alena with the other three Bleinham ladies is over. For reasons I previously stated. I did view the IG posts of the Bleinham girls way back when they were thick as... thinking this won't last ! Alena is a very weak link. I wouldn't trust Alena, she does not give me trustworthy or wholesome vibes.
---
Maybe they inherited the house. The internal features are very dated, tasteless stone 70s fireplace...the interior decor is not period features to the 1940s or 1950s style. Mish mash old fashioned. If inherited, makes sense she's had the opportunity to be a SAHM. Not many women with a man where the partner/husband has been in a relationship or married before can stay at home due to the financial aspect. Unless said man is very well off of course!
The thing is I think Alena has made some good points - in that Stacey Dooley interview she did (I didn’t see the whole episode) she basically said how feminism should be for every women, regardless of what they do (SAHM, going to work, childfree, etc) but in some sections you do have women attacking other women for taking on traditional roles. I don’t think it’s anti feminist for Alena and the other ladies doing this to stay at home, raise their children, have the man at the head of the house if it’s what they want to do. I do have a uneasiness with certain aspects about tradwives - for example if the worst case happens and they divorce they won’t have as much financial security as their male partner because they don’t have their own income. Which is why I found Alena disingenuous when over the summer she referred to herself as an author because that would insinuate she has a job?
Haha I don’t find their house too bad! I think it has great potential and their garden looks lovely. Bit worrying that the estate agent didn’t obscure their son’s name on his bedroom wall. A house like that should be going for more than what it is, so I’m wondering if it’s the location which is letting them down (I don’t know the area).
---

It is a shame if there has been a fall out because Alena wrote about finding friendship as an adult and I know from personal experience it can be difficult to find friends outside of work and schooling, especially as you get older. She made a lovely post about her friends this summer so it must have been something drastic for them all to cut ties. But then again it could have been the other ladies in the Blenheim Circle who hurt Alena? It’s all speculation at this point because like you said I doubt anyone will address it.
I can see her going for the etiquette expert route but I’m not sure how successful that will be. If she has gone to America she will have a community of tradwives there.
---
Wonder if Alena selling off her Berylware that Mrswarrscountryhome (Sian) gifted her caused the rift. She posted it was for sale in a FB Utility China Group..the others must have seen it. I'd have been so upset if a friend of mine did what she did... Then again, no surprise at all Alena did this. You're right..she will re invent herself abroad, possibly the English Rose, Kate Middleton type ! Hmm I wonder why she was bullied in the workplace 🤔. You can so see why, she isn't a nice genuine woman
I would have been really disheartened if I had bought something for a friend that wasn’t that easily accessible and they sold it. Unless of course Alena explained the situation. I wonder if she will talk about what we have discussed here as she does read these pages.

Last edited:
  • Heart
You are absolutely right. Alena is in paid work as an Author. The only one not in paid work from the Bleinham Circle is Lydia. Sian & Katrina are part of their husbands companies.

Lydia has tiny children. When they are slightly older she will no doubt go back to paid work part time.

Many women stay at home after having children, then return to work when they start nursery or school.

Not seen the Stacey Dooley prog so can't comment.
---
The thing is I think Alena has made some good points - in that Stacey Dooley interview she did (I didn’t see the whole episode) she basically said how feminism should be for every women, regardless of what they do (SAHM, going to work, childfree, etc) but in some sections you do have women attacking other women for taking on traditional roles. I don’t think it’s anti feminist for Alena and the other ladies doing this to stay at home, raise their children, have the man at the head of the house if it’s what they want to do. I do have a uneasiness with certain aspects about tradwives - for example if the worst case happens and they divorce they won’t have as much financial security as their male partner because they don’t have their own income. Which is why I found Alena disingenuous when over the summer she referred to herself as an author because that would insinuate she has a job?
Haha I don’t find their house too bad! I think it has great potential and their garden looks lovely. Bit worrying that the estate agent didn’t obscure their son’s name on his bedroom wall. A house like that should be going for more than what it is, so I’m wondering if it’s the location which is letting them down (I don’t know the area).
---

It is a shame if there has been a fall out because Alena wrote about finding friendship as an adult and I know from personal experience it can be difficult to find friends outside of work and schooling, especially as you get older. She made a lovely post about her friends this summer so it must have been something drastic for them all to cut ties. But then again it could have been the other ladies in the Blenheim Circle who hurt Alena? It’s all speculation at this point because like you said I doubt anyone will address it.
I can see her going for the etiquette expert route but I’m not sure how successful that will be. If she has gone to America she will have a community of tradwives there.
---

I would have been really disheartened if I had bought something for a friend that wasn’t that easily accessible and they sold it. Unless of course Alena explained the situation. I wonder if she will talk about what we have discussed here as she does read these pages.
Alena told us she was bullied at work..now this fall out. 🤔 common denominator is .........

Last edited:
You are absolutely right. Alena is in paid work as an Author. The only one not in paid work from the Bleinham Circle is Lydia. Sian & Katrina are part of their husbands companies.

Lydia has tiny children. When they are slightly older she will no doubt go back to paid work part time.

Many women stay at home after having children, then return to work when they start nursery or school.

Not seen the Stacey Dooley prog so can't comment.
---

Alena told us she was bullied at work..now this fall out. 🤔 common denominator is .........
She’s also listed as being part owner of her husband’s company so she has that as financial back up.
You can watch the Stacey Dooley prog online - Alena is only in it for 10 minutes at 24:32 here
Her husband sounds quite reserved but then again he only chatted for a short amount of time. And like I said I do agree with Alena on certain points she makes here.

I've been following this thread with interest for a while but have never had anything much to contribute before. I've never really been sure what I thought of Alena tbh. I agree with a lot of what she says about feminism but I found the sudden dressing vintage thing when she became friends with the other Blenheim circle members very odd and it seems like she's ditched that idea again now. Anyway, when it became evident the Blenheim circle had fallen out with her I assumed she was responsible, but I've noticed a couple of interesting things that have made me wonder if I've been a bit hasty to blame her. Quite a while back, Lydia appeared to become very close to a lady called Michelle (rememberingtheoldways) and Sian likewise struck up a very close friendship with her. They were all visiting one another and posting rapturously about how much they delighted in their friendship. A few months ago I noticed I hadn't seen Lydia mention Michelle in a while so I had a peek and they no longer follow each other on Instagram, in fact I'm fairly sure they've blocked one another as their likes have disappeared from their posts. I thought it was odd but Sian and Michelle were evidently still friendly. But recently I noticed that Sian and Michelle have also stopped following one another on Instagram. I find it very odd for grown women who come across so friendly and polite to have burnt bridges with two of their "dearest" friends in such a short space of time. It's left me wondering if maybe Alena was the one who was burnt afterall and if that's the case I feel a bit sorry for her and a bit bad for thinking ill of her when it first came to light.

Reactions: 5
I've been following this thread with interest for a while but have never had anything much to contribute before. I've never really been sure what I thought of Alena tbh. I agree with a lot of what she says about feminism but I found the sudden dressing vintage thing when she became friends with the other Blenheim circle members very odd and it seems like she's ditched that idea again now. Anyway, when it became evident the Blenheim circle had fallen out with her I assumed she was responsible, but I've noticed a couple of interesting things that have made me wonder if I've been a bit hasty to blame her. Quite a while back, Lydia appeared to become very close to a lady called Michelle (rememberingtheoldways) and Sian likewise struck up a very close friendship with her. They were all visiting one another and posting rapturously about how much they delighted in their friendship. A few months ago I noticed I hadn't seen Lydia mention Michelle in a while so I had a peek and they no longer follow each other on Instagram, in fact I'm fairly sure they've blocked one another as their likes have disappeared from their posts. I thought it was odd but Sian and Michelle were evidently still friendly. But recently I noticed that Sian and Michelle have also stopped following one another on Instagram. I find it very odd for grown women who come across so friendly and polite to have burnt bridges with two of their "dearest" friends in such a short space of time. It's left me wondering if maybe Alena was the one who was burnt afterall and if that's the case I feel a bit sorry for her and a bit bad for thinking ill of her when it first came to light.
Oooh I wish someone knew the tea 👀 I was never Alena’s biggest fan but Sian gives me bad vibes. I find all the ‘dear heart’ nonsense so sickly and insincere.

Ooooo. I had noticed it has gone quiet with Sian & Michelle, they were friends quite a long time...a good few years. (This time last year Sian had a long break off IG, she even went to see Michelle and family and stayed with them. Sian didnt go into detail, said something along the lines shes at a crossroads in life. Feeling unsure about things. Mentioned she wasnt going to dress 1940s daily because her teenage daughers dont like it. Also said a chat with her food froend Michel was what was needed !!! From what I gathered Sian - Mrs Wars Country Home was friends first with Michelle from Remembering The Old Ways long before the Bleinham Circle formed.

Lydia and family visited Michelle and her family at Michelle's home a few times last year, I think these two families are not too far in distance. I'm pretty certain Michelle got lovely old toys out for Lydia's children to play with at her home. Sian is a very long way from Michelle.

Had not noticed Lydia and Michelle no longer friends.
I love vintage and like following vintage accounts.
Teapots & Tablecloths, MrsWarr, Remembering The Old Ways, Alena ,and a few others were all so OTT in full on gushy friendships all played out on IG. Really not surprising is it, this is usually hhowthese intense relationships ends up! I did watch their IG in astoundment tbh, when these woman so called 'SAHM Housewives' dart about and travel all over the country for MILES quite a lot, visiting 'friends met on iG'. I was a full time SAHM, there is absolutely no way I could have travelled miles and miles meeting acquaintances met on IG for many reasons - let's face it, that's what they are acquaintances not friends!! Mrs Warr does seem to have a very 'charmed life' daughters in boarding school included.

I said in a previous post a few posts back..Lydia comes across controlling over her family- it's Lydia's way or no way. Lydia & Mrs Warr have quite big followings, I wonder if they love being at the forefront of the IG ViNTAGE world ! I also wonder about IG accounts that are sort of influenerish, do they get addiced to the attention they get? Goes to their head ? And obviously competition amongst peers will naturally follow.

I maybe wrong. Sian has not done any PR or grifting Lydia has.
---
Pressed reply in error!

If Teapots & MrsWarr have fallen out with Michelle..time will tell us because there won't be the visiting posts.

It is such a shame for the children. Acquaintances in then out. Michelle's teenage daughters liked Lydia's little ones visiting, I definitely remember seeing posts of Lydia's little toddler daughter in Michelle's home. And Michelle's daughters visited Sian's home and Sian visited and stayed with Michelle absolutely loads. As well as all the travel, visiting, staying over, all of them buy each other vintage things for gifts when they meet. Looks and sounds all lovely for the SHAM OF THE GRAM !

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I did watch their IG in astoundment tbh, when these woman so called 'SAHM Housewives' dart about and travel all over the country for MILES quite a lot, visiting 'friends met on iG'.
If I have the right person, Sian’s husband is Lawrence who is quite wealthy. Her daughters are in boarding school during the week so apart from doing the baking and house chores there isn’t much else for her though I do believe she volunteers in a charity shop. If her husband’s job enables her to do all these things then good for her. However I don’t think any of these ladies are housewives in the true, traditional sense. I think it’s all a very idealised version - which of course it would be because it’s social media.
---
Really interesting post - maybe some of the ladies in the group have bigger personalities and it all became too much. Something biggish must have happened for Blenheim Circle to implode in the space of 6 months. Maybe Alena had an opportunity to go to America/Australia/New Zealand - wherever it is - and just thought why not?