Trad Wives UK

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If I have the right person, Sian’s husband is Lawrence who is quite wealthy. Her daughters are in boarding school during the week so apart from doing the baking and house chores there isn’t much else for her though I do believe she volunteers in a charity shop. If her husband’s job enables her to do all these things then good for her. However I don’t think any of these ladies are housewives in the true, traditional sense. I think it’s all a very idealised version - which of course it would be because it’s social media.
---

Really interesting post - maybe some of the ladies in the group have bigger personalities and it all became too much. Something biggish must have happened for Blenheim Circle to implode in the space of 6 months. Maybe Alena had an opportunity to go to America/Australia/New Zealand - wherever it is - and just thought why not?
I'd lay money down that Sian has a cleaner!!! That's quite a big house. We've seen her ironing and dusting her shelving the glassware sits.

Lydia is the only one really a traditional housewife. Cooking and baking from scratch most days. She will regret not having a modern kitchen counter top in her new kitchen. As much as I do love her 1940s kitchen...her back won't be happy working on the table after a while ..we have modern counter tops a certain height for a reason.
---
If I have the right person, Sian’s husband is Lawrence who is quite wealthy. Her daughters are in boarding school during the week so apart from doing the baking and house chores there isn’t much else for her though I do believe she volunteers in a charity shop. If her husband’s job enables her to do all these things then good for her. However I don’t think any of these ladies are housewives in the true, traditional sense. I think it’s all a very idealised version - which of course it would be because it’s social media.
---

Really interesting post - maybe some of the ladies in the group have bigger personalities and it all became too much. Something biggish must have happened for Blenheim Circle to implode in the space of 6 months. Maybe Alena had an opportunity to go to America/Australia/New Zealand - wherever it is - and just thought why not?
To have IG accounts like they do you'd have to have big personalities and be full of yourself. This sort of thing is not for wallflowers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Ok I’m obviously overly invested in this but Michelle was liking Sian’s insta posts up until boxing day, so Sian obviously hasn’t blocked her but the last time she commented on any of Michelle’s posts was around September. I find the blocking thing really weird and juvenile.

Reactions: 3
Ok I’m obviously overly invested in this but Michelle was liking Sian’s insta posts up until boxing day, so Sian obviously hasn’t blocked her but the last time she commented on any of Michelle’s posts was around September. I find the blocking thing really weird and juvenile.
How can you tell on Instagram if a user has blocked another user??

Reactions: 1
How can you tell on Instagram if a user has blocked another user??
It removes any ‘likes’ on posts if that makes sense? So Lydia and Michelle look like they’ve never liked any of each other’s pics but their comments are still visible. I didn’t know until a previous poster mentioned it! I think Lydia has blocked Michelle and Michelle has blocked Lydia and Sian. I wonder what went down 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 2
It removes any ‘likes’ on posts if that makes sense? So Lydia and Michelle look like they’ve never liked any of each other’s pics but their comments are still visible. I didn’t know until a previous poster mentioned it! I think Lydia has blocked Michelle and Michelle has blocked Lydia and Sian. I wonder what went down 😂
I wonder 🤔 !

What these intense fast friendships remind me of is - don't know if you have school age children? My first encounter with children starting Schiol in Reception Class, I had heard about the school gate thing and had already decided I'd never be 'heavily involved' just would be polite..the ones heavily involved in each other didn't last a full calendar year let alone an academic year! The cliques by Y1 had dispersed, they had been so far up each others asses, and such intense relationships it all blew up as quick as it had taken off.

To have IG accounts like they do you'd have to have big personalities and be full of yourself. This sort of thing is not for wallflowers
I don’t know - Alena and Sian have big personalities but I would say remembering the old ways and some others have more quiet ones.

This is all so interesting isn’t it? I was coming on to say how I’d noticed that they appear to not be following each other, which seems odd after how close they all appeared.

Remembering the old ways used to be really close friends with another vintage lady ‘Henhouse Homemade’ - they’d holiday together, days out etc but then they stopped following each other and now Sian and Lydia follow Henhouse (along with another vintage lady who has now unfollowed Michelle). Absolutely nothing to do with me of course but I would love to know the goss! Seems like Michelle is the common denominator and all her friends have swapped sides!

Instagram is often all smoke and mirrors isn’t it?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
This is all so interesting isn’t it? I was coming on to say how I’d noticed that they appear to not be following each other, which seems odd after how close they all appeared.

Remembering the old ways used to be really close friends with another vintage lady ‘Henhouse Homemade’ - they’d holiday together, days out etc but then they stopped following each other and now Sian and Lydia follow Henhouse (along with another vintage lady who has now unfollowed Michelle). Absolutely nothing to do with me of course but I would love to know the goss! Seems like Michelle is the common denominator and all her friends have swapped sides!

Instagram is often all smoke and mirrors isn’t it?

Yes !! I remember Henhouse & Michelle very friendly....Get the popcorn out! 🍿 who's going to fall out next!!? 👀
I noticed at Christmas time, Henhouse Home made gushing posts to Lydia and Lydia posting a photo of a Christmas card on her stories Henhouse Homemade sent her..ooo and Henhouse posted Lydia kitchen gifts for her new kitchen ! It's all so showy then utter cringe that they can't maintain these gushing full on relationships.

I did kind of note that Sian tended to do the expensive trips after Henhouse has done them. For example - Burgh Island Hotel stay & The British Pullman Train Trip. Maybe nothing .🤷‍♀️.then again, some people get very annoyed with copying.

It’s all so juvenile. Obviously, Michelle could be a total cow but a group of women turning against one gives me school bully vibes. I wish one of them would come on here and spill 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Wouldn't it be be nice if one did !

The irony - all avid church goers and Lydia hollier than thou, l..bet they all preach the 'be kind' mantra.

It’s all so juvenile. Obviously, Michelle could be a total cow but a group of women turning against one gives me school bully vibes. I wish one of them would come on here and spill 😆

Reactions: 4
Does anyone know what happened to Katrina? She was called something like Steps on a Nostalgic Path.
I don’t get the controlling vibe that some people do from Lydia. I don’t even see her as having a bigger personality like I would say Sian or Alena has but I could be wrong.
It’s a shame that they have probably fallen out because Alena wrote some lovely things about Lydia, Sian and Katrina (not sure what the status is with Katrina). https://www.thedarlingacademy.com/articles/preview/how-to-make-new-female-friends-as-an-adult/
---
I am very jealous of the charity shops that they all have around them - they always seem to come away with great things.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Does anyone know what happened to Katrina? She was called something like Steps on a Nostalgic Path.
I don’t get the controlling vibe that some people do from Lydia. I don’t even see her as having a bigger personality like I would say Sian or Alena has but I could be wrong.
It’s a shame that they have probably fallen out because Alena wrote some lovely things about Lydia, Sian and Katrina (not sure what the status is with Katrina). https://www.thedarlingacademy.com/articles/preview/how-to-make-new-female-friends-as-an-adult/
---
I am very jealous of the charity shops that they all have around them - they always seem to come away with great things.
She’s called this nostalgic life I think. She and Lydia still seem to be friends

She’s called this nostalgic life I think. She and Lydia still seem to be friends

Dropping your child off day one starting school with a huge set of rollers in and headscarf over them, standing right out 1940s housewife and saying on your IG post of self looking as mentioned starting as I mean to go on. Big personality?

• Haha
Dropping your child off day one starting school with a huge set of rollers in and headscarf over them, standing right out 1940s housewife and saying on your IG post of self looking as mentioned starting as I mean to go on. Big personality?
I think you quoted the wrong person but I’ll respond anyway lol. I don’t think there’s anything inherently wrong or indicative of a big personality in any of that tbh. This is how she lives and dresses so if anything it’d be weird if she dressed in modern clothing just to do the school run when that’s not really who she is. The starting as you mean to go on thing I inferred as meaning she would be her authentic self despite what people might think, and honestly more power to her.

I think what is becoming clear is that a lot of these ladies are just as catty and cliquey as the mean office girls they moan about. And as someone else commented, there's a lot of smoke and mirrors going on... I actually get the impression Lydia is a bigger personality than Sian. Something about how she comes across on Instagram has definitely changed over the last year, and I can't say I like it. It does seem that Michelle has previous for falling out with people (which I didn't realise before) but I'm starting to think Lydia may be just as fickle and cutthroat with her friendships. I wonder who will be next for the chop?

Reactions: 5
I think what is becoming clear is that a lot of these ladies are just as catty and cliquey as the mean office girls they moan about. And as someone else commented, there's a lot of smoke and mirrors going on... I actually get the impression Lydia is a bigger personality than Sian. Something about how she comes across on Instagram has definitely changed over the last year, and I can't say I like it. It does seem that Michelle has previous for falling out with people (which I didn't realise before) but I'm starting to think Lydia may be just as fickle and cutthroat with her friendships. I wonder who will be next for the chop?
I preferred Lydia how she was.
---
I preferred Lydia how she was
I think you quoted the wrong person but I’ll respond anyway lol. I don’t think there’s anything inherently wrong or indicative of a big personality in any of that tbh. This is how she lives and dresses so if anything it’d be weird if she dressed in modern clothing just to do the school run when that’s not really who she is. The starting as you mean to go on thing I inferred as meaning she would be her authentic self despite what people might think, and honestly more power to her.

Agree to a certain extent. However, the headfull of rollers? Talkabout attention seeking. One has to be pretty darn sure of themselves to enter unfamiliar territory in old fashioned rollers.

I preferred Lydia how she was.
---

I preferred Lydia how she was
We’re not going to agree but I don’t think it’s attention seeking and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with a woman who’s sure of herself. I do agree that there’s been a slight shift in Lydia’s content recently, which I’m not a huge fan of, but I can’t fault her for being confident in who she is, rollers and all.

I’m with the poster who said all the overly gushy, saccharine comments to each other are just a veneer covering what are clearly very shallow friendships.

Reactions: 6