Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Love that Alena has done an interview with ‘Remembering The Old Ways’

Reactions: 6

Donnavanessa

VIP Member
This is all so interesting isn’t it? I was coming on to say how I’d noticed that they appear to not be following each other, which seems odd after how close they all appeared.

Remembering the old ways used to be really close friends with another vintage lady ‘Henhouse Homemade’ - they’d holiday together, days out etc but then they stopped following each other and now Sian and Lydia follow Henhouse (along with another vintage lady who has now unfollowed Michelle). Absolutely nothing to do with me of course but I would love to know the goss! Seems like Michelle is the common denominator and all her friends have swapped sides!

Instagram is often all smoke and mirrors isn’t it?

• Haha

Donnavanessa

VIP Member
:ROFLMAO::DThat’s even funnier. I only saw the newly pinned post and missed the story.

I’d so love to know what happened.
Oh so would I! 😆 I know I’m being nosey but honestly they put so many gushing posts calling each our ‘dear friends’ then suddenly they’ve swapped sides and all fallen out with Michelle so it’s no wonder folk want to know. It reminds me of playground tactics TBH.

I've been following this thread with interest for a while but have never had anything much to contribute before. I've never really been sure what I thought of Alena tbh. I agree with a lot of what she says about feminism but I found the sudden dressing vintage thing when she became friends with the other Blenheim circle members very odd and it seems like she's ditched that idea again now. Anyway, when it became evident the Blenheim circle had fallen out with her I assumed she was responsible, but I've noticed a couple of interesting things that have made me wonder if I've been a bit hasty to blame her. Quite a while back, Lydia appeared to become very close to a lady called Michelle (rememberingtheoldways) and Sian likewise struck up a very close friendship with her. They were all visiting one another and posting rapturously about how much they delighted in their friendship. A few months ago I noticed I hadn't seen Lydia mention Michelle in a while so I had a peek and they no longer follow each other on Instagram, in fact I'm fairly sure they've blocked one another as their likes have disappeared from their posts. I thought it was odd but Sian and Michelle were evidently still friendly. But recently I noticed that Sian and Michelle have also stopped following one another on Instagram. I find it very odd for grown women who come across so friendly and polite to have burnt bridges with two of their "dearest" friends in such a short space of time. It's left me wondering if maybe Alena was the one who was burnt afterall and if that's the case I feel a bit sorry for her and a bit bad for thinking ill of her when it first came to light.

Reactions: 5
I agree her overall style of content has changed but that is not what I find off-putting. I think she has begun to come across as very smug and self-important. She seems to regularly take time off Instagram and those announcements do smack of virtue signalling, and yet on Christmas Day she was posting non-stop, which I found very odd given her supposed values. Also, whilst I don't hold it against anyone to be proud of their weight loss, she makes a lot of allusions to it and is constantly doing what I can best describe as body checking, posting pictures/videos that focus on her tummy. Even today she has posted a clip of her putting an apron on and turning around in a way that emphasises her slimness. Like I said, I understand she's pleased but it's coming across to me as vanity now.

I think what is becoming clear is that a lot of these ladies are just as catty and cliquey as the mean office girls they moan about. And as someone else commented, there's a lot of smoke and mirrors going on... I actually get the impression Lydia is a bigger personality than Sian. Something about how she comes across on Instagram has definitely changed over the last year, and I can't say I like it. It does seem that Michelle has previous for falling out with people (which I didn't realise before) but I'm starting to think Lydia may be just as fickle and cutthroat with her friendships. I wonder who will be next for the chop?

Iamintherealworld

I agree! I'd love to know how long it took her - I remember her saying she had given up sugar for lent last year.

Lots of comments asking how she did it, which I think she's ignoring. Given that her insta suggests she only eats bread, cheese scones, fruit cake, jam, and small plates of vegetable soup I'm not surprised everyone is curious 😂

Ozempic like the rest of the Instagrammers ! 😂

What has shocked me with several of the Trad Wife accounts. Lydia included. They use lard ! 😲. I'm middle aged from a traditional family set up. Even my mother did not use lard. Do they not think of their poor arteries. I would not care how lovely a dish or pastry tasted I could not fill my body to clog my arteries with pure animal FAT. Plus the calories.

• Wow
Oh yes, that was it. I remember finding it quite amusing because you could just tell she was absolutely livid 😂 Most people would just roll their eyes at that suggestion and move on but it really seemed to bother her.

Well... I just had a little look at who Michelle is following on Instagram. She's following Alena's private account! After both being dumped by Lydia and Sian several months apart. I would love to know what the story is there, as I don't think they were particularly friendly before when Alena was active publicly on Instagram?

• Wow

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Much smaller player in the trad wife space, but anyone watch forever_growing_nest_ on insta? I flip between liking some of her grit and being gobsmacked at how many people keep sending her stuff off her Amazon wish list.
Oh my goodness! She has a whole instagram stories dedicated to people sending her things!

• Wow

Donnavanessa

VIP Member
Well... I just had a little look at who Michelle is following on Instagram. She's following Alena's private account! After both being dumped by Lydia and Sian several months apart. I would love to know what the story is there, as I don't think they were particularly friendly before when Alena was active publicly on Instagram?
Oooh well sleuthed! ⭐So wish we could find out all the goss behind the fallings out!!

• Haha

nicalibres

VIP Member
It’s all so juvenile. Obviously, Michelle could be a total cow but a group of women turning against one gives me school bully vibes. I wish one of them would come on here and spill 😆

• Heart

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Love Alena’s shot at Lydia, Sian and Katrina - ‘To top it off, a few things in my social circle really made me question certain people and their intentions. I have a pretty charmed life, but I realised that the moment I really needed my friends around me, they were too busy making jam. I had left Instagram so I guess I was no longer useful to them, and they moved onto bigger fish.’
---
If Sian had been horrible to her and she needed to downsize I suppose it made it easier to sell? Bad memories and all that.
I was right and it makes sense - if they have been horrible to her then having something so related to your former friendship must be hard to see constantly.

Iamintherealworld

Just popped into instagram to be greeted by Mrs Warr talking about having weekends off Social media ‘because it’s lovely to be a content creator and share my lovely life with you but sometimes its nice to take some time to oneself’

It must be a hard life.
She does have a lovely life. And as a Trad Wife, I lay money she has a cleaner or 2! If she looked after that home cleaning it the size it is..and being so old the dust would be horrendous. She would not have time for content creating and hours sewing and knitting.

BuffaloSoldier

Had a little nosey in Teapotandtablecloths account. Last video she looks lovely in the navy dress, much younger & sounds so much better when not putting on the Queen voice.

She's taking an IG break to be present with her family/home. Wonder if she'll still be having far flung days out with friends. ? Being a SAHM & having such young children the days out she has and the distance she travels is something else.

Sian showed her AGA top part this morning, still not been cleaned.!
She does this every so often, sometimes weeks at a time, if anything just for the engagement and people wandering when she will be back. It’s almost as bad as announcing that you’ll be unfriending someone 😒

She does this every so often, sometimes weeks at a time, if anything just for the engagement and people wandering when she will be back. It’s almost as bad as announcing that you’ll be unfriending someone 😒
I find it quite nauseating actually. Purely done for attention seeking/virtue signalling and yet she posted incessantly on Christmas day. I find it so false that whenever she takes a break it's "to be present with her family" and yet the one day of the year when that's the most important thing you can do, she was seemingly checking Instagram all day long. Nonsense. She's just obsessed with the engagement and validation and loves it when everyone tells her how much they miss her.

As much as I'm preferring her real voice over her put on one, it does seem coincidental that she's changed her voice AND made a point of telling her followers she "donated" (didn't sell) her shoes after we've mentioned both those things on this thread... Hello Lydia 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha

clothears

OK, what happened just before/after Easter in the UK?

Sian hasn't posted since April 6 and there are even posters wanting to know what happened to Lydia.

Hen has been traipsing around France at a fabric show and talking about people I don't recognize.

There is definitely something up in the vintage world.